Character Discussion: Arya, Sansa, and Catelyn Stark

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Liadan, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Kakashi17

Kakashi17 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The second Arya chapter in AFFC. The kindly man was educating Arya about the Facless men orgin. He talks about the slaves in Valyria's mines and how the first Faceless man gave the gift of death to a slave
    Arya says "'He killed the slave?' That did not sound right. 'He should have killed the Masters!'
    'He would bring the gift to them as well...but that is a tale for another day, one best shared with no one.'"
    Now I dismissed this the first time i read AFFC but as I am reading this again and I really like the details from the past especially Valyria, which is why it stuck out in my mind. I mean all we really know about Valyria is that it basically rulled everything but the seven kingdoms. With Magic, Dragons, and Legions of Legionairs. Its downfall came from a Volcano erruption, and somehow all the Valyrians were killed with the exception of the Targyrans. So I figured why not give you guys some food for thought and see what you think about it.

2. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I like this! It's definitely plausible, nice spot :).

Not all the Valyrians apart from the Targaryens were killed though, IIRC...isn't there another family (the Velaryons???) around with Valyrian blood. It's a minor point though...makes no difference to your theory.

Search tags for this page
asoiaf forum catelyn arya
catelyn and sansa
catelyn and sansa stupid
catelyn arya
catelyn stark discussion character
catelyn stark doscussion
discussing arya stark

dislike arya

does anyone else dislike arya stark
i hate arya
i hate arya stark