Chamber of Fears

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Garnet, Jul 8, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    well whatever we deside on, I think we should have some sort of plot device. Seeing as we have the name Chamber of fears, I think we should determine it's role in the story

2. PenguinofDeath

PenguinofDeath The name says it all.

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Chamber of Fears always makes me think of 1984 and Room 101

3. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    always makes me think of hokey kung fu movies

4. Axiron Stormholder

Axiron Stormholder The mouse that killed Tom

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    1-How about a large meteor shower comes first and most of the U.S. is destroyed.

2-Aliens come afterward
    2a-you could have the aliens quickly evolve off of the meteors by taking DNA off of other creatures on earth (USA), and only have a few similarities to the creatures they take the DNA from.
    2b-or you could have them come on spaceships
    2c-or you could have both. It could be like their method of attack. They like to convert into similar creatures by rapid mutation to act as a first wave of attack and gather informatino at the same time. Then, the master-race of these aliens (their normal form) come in spaceships to take over.

3-russian and/or north korean military tries to nuke aliens out of the sky across the globe, which desrtoys other countries. (NOTE: need to have story idea 2b or 2c to make this sound a bit more sensible)

3-government of China, Japan, or Russia or something non-USA, finds a sample of alien symbiote (the state of the aliens before acquiring DNA) and begins to experiment on it to create half-alien/half-human breeds. (NOTE: I root for Russia to go through with this, because it seems more sensible)
    3a-you can have the procedure done through genetic cloning
    3b-or you can have humans become genetic half-breeds through a needle shot

4-experimental subjects (half-breeds) get out of control and experience side-effects.

That's what I got as far as background history goes...anyone?

I was thinking about the powers of the half-breeds and aliens. But in order for it to be a bit magic-like, I think we should ignore the whole thing of laser beams and the such.

Instead, how about some sort of telekinetic power, although it's not so much as telekinesis. It would be more like the Wheel of Time kind of power, how the Aes Sedai have the power to do things, but to enhance their power they use objects. So, in this case, the aliens use these objects to enhance their power.

Another reason, why I think we should ignore the whole laser thing and the such, is because of their unevolved symbiotes. I don't think they can be prepared to customize their weapons to suit EVERY SINGLE creature they evolve into.

But I was thinking the master race of the aliens are much stronger and apt in to this use of this power than their evolved counterparts. Their evolved counter-parts are more of a use to fight in close-combat/hand-to-hand rather than use this power although they do have a limited knowledge of it.

The half-breeds that the humans create can tap into this power also. I was thinking that the aliens and the half-breeds also have great physical strength too.

...trying to think of all this in a Final Fantasy game.

...I think it still needs work.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hm, how to combine that with Niz's idea, the original premise, and include this aforementioned chamber. I got it!

Long ago, when mankind was still young, a meteor fell from the sky containing a strange metal. When man touched this metal his body changed, he gained great magical powers, but his body quickly detereorated, and his apprearance became aweful to all eyes who beheald him. Finally, one who'd touched the metal saw it's evil and sealed it in the chamber of fears, never to be seen or heard from again. Or so he thought.

Centuries later a meteor shower destroyed North America. At first this was ruled as an act of God, but we soon learned these meteors were the vessels for an alien race. While the highest members of this society made one great city in the center of what was once the United States, the foot soldiers, capable of adapting abilities similar to species they encounter reduced an unprepaired South America to a state similar to that of the north.

The four remaining major continents managed to fight against the invaders, but at a terrible cost. The human population was greatly reduced in the fighting. Many major cities were destroyed, and the Talminda genetic experiments escaped thier containment and taken over an island between Japan and the Americas. However these losses also brought about other changes. A type of energy known as the Flux appeared, enabling some people to perform deeds similar to the magic of lore. With the Flux, several strange unknown species appeared, forming a fourth major force in the continual struggle for supremacy over earth. In addition to that, mankind learned why the alien invaders came to earth.

They sought the mystical metal that had appeared on earth those aeons before to increase their power and continue spreading destruction through the universe. In years before mankind would have quickly began searches for this metal. However, human society changed in what became known as the "War of Survival" with the aliens. Cities are typically divided into three levels. At the lowest levels are the slums. Second levels contain the middle class society and most markets. And at the top are the big business offices and city governments. But now human kind is ready to begin their search, in an effort to use the metal to reclaim their planet from the aliens.

After much international networking and business deals the cities are gathering all of their most talented and seasoned soldiers to attempt to locate the "Chamber of Fears." Furthermore, mankind has reached a reluctant alliance with the Talminda, as both sides consider the out worlders the biggest threat to their world.

Any other suggestions?

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    duuuude..... that's .. that's..... AWSOME!!!!!!! ALL HAIL IR!!!

now we just need to know what these aliens/Talminda/hybrids look like

7. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I love it when a plan comes together. *Sniff*
    As for what they look like, well I cant draw at all so I cant get it up. They would have a bit of a more varied apperance than humans, depending on how each was changed. They have yet to receive a uniform apperance.

So we have

Humans
    Alien Invaders
    Talminda
    Flux spawn
    Now we need to determine what each one has over the others. Also where this starts.
    What I mean is the current situation needs to be fleshed out a little more, I'm trying to figure out who has access to what as a certain type of character.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  8. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    hmm...this sounds interesting. Don't want to impose anything, but I have a few suggestions as to what the different races might look like. I'm t33fing stuff ofc, but its just a similarity thing.

Humans:
    [​IMG]

Alien Invaders:
    [​IMG]

Talminda:
    [​IMG]

Flux Spawn:
    [​IMG]

These are just suggestions ofc

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Well, we all know what a human looks like. And I deffinately agree with the Talminda appearance, and me and Met had the same idea on what Flux Spawn should look like, but for the invaders I was actually thinking

for the higher up aliens:

[​IMG]

for the foot soldiers before they change:

[​IMG]

10. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good, but I can't see the Talminda Picture.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    save the picture to your favorites and then select it for view

12. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It won't save for some reason.

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hm, well it's basically a green woman with bony growths that look like wings, and she also looks fairly well muscled

14. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    :D looks relitively good to me!.... (ok.... a bit too icky for my likings... except the tele_____ pic, but it works none the less)

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea...you have to look carefully lol.

Well...the thing about my alien Incaders is that they looks cool and are quite technologically advance, plus have the whjole alien look with the long head. Not to mention they got some badass looking armour and weapons.

If you ever played Starcraft....look at the Protoss...that's what I'm thinking about for Aliens...highly advanced beings :S

Here's a bigger/better pic:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1719/

or even better:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6594669/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    now THOSE are kool!!!

17. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I nixed the Zealot because he looks too much like a steriotypical super tech alien, and there's really no way humans could beat them. The lancer looks a little closer to human's league. And what was Tassadar? Because I think he'd be perfect for the main race. Something like the White Martians from DC comics would work well for the alien foot soldiers.

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Tassadar was several things...he got upgraded. At first he was a templar, then he and Zeratul merged and became something else...can't remember the name.

Well the thing is...they can look cool without having all the advantages. Plus...they are an alien race. We can just assume they created energy weapons, but their armour could just be an upgrade from flack and basically take hits from bullets, although not all the time. Plus...no face armour. Not to mention, their armour will be cumbersome, and hence they cannot fight for long periods of time, nor as fast than if they wore no armour.

19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ok, I have made up a char for when things get started... :D

can't wait!

20. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right, we have the backdrop, now lets get to the best part, creating our characters. :)