Chamber of Fears

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Garnet, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here is some of my idea, this I'll put in a kingdom because I don't know if it will fit in Elysium.
    (One of my thoughts was that this later could have mutiple threads, sort of like Elysium is now. Would that be allright?)

This realm for humanity was exactly like our own, but in the year 2008, everything changed. Humans discovered the other driving foirces behind existence. There were magic forces everywhere, and the few humans who first found it out didn't like it. Most of them feared what was unknown and the beings that were coming into existencs due to the sudden increase in the flux. Some time passed and the "supernatural" became more and more commonplace, though only in certain circles. Not everyone believes it, so only some research is done into it. We go into the year 2017, when the flux of power took a massive increase almost by random and everything from the unseen was able to walk the earth. Since many more things manifest though, there is a huge lack of space and a massive war broke out for the nessissities to live, depending on what the particular is.

A few more things, this story takes place in 2018

Flux: The supernatural energy that circulates around everything. It seems to go up and down in effect on a unknown patern.

Hidden world: The world of flux that was hidden from humanity.

A brief description of some of the races I have designed so far. If anyone wants a particular thing in, just say so and I'll be able to put it in. There are a lot of undefined areas so feel free to give suggestions.

Humans: US. Not very advanced in flux, but have decent technology, and control of most of the planet as the current holders of it versus the newcomers. Also they seem somewhat immune to Flux effects, both good and bad.

Flux spawn: A wide category, this is where everything that was created by the concentration of flux soon before our story begins.

Talminda: An genetic experiment gone wrong, these are "altered humans" infused with flux made by a hidden corpration in Japan in 2013. These beings were meant to be weapons of destruction, but they escaped their masters and retreated east into the ocean onto an newly created island between U.S.A. and Japan. They have started a new community, but some have been moving into america, and a couple have been heard of moving to China.

Zinalist: A type of beings in the Hidden world that have been working on taking over the world undercover, by impersonating high up people in human society, and slowly building up an army of lessers in many diffrent ways. Possess powers that humans refer to as "Astral" and Necormancy".

Thats all for the moment, its four in the morning over here so I need to leave to get some sleep. I'll get more up tomorow. Please tell me if anyone is intrested?

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    sounds interesting, kind of has shades of final fantasy while staying unique

3. Axiron Stormholder

Axiron Stormholder The mouse that killed Tom

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    sounds ineresting, although I don't think you need multiple threads for this one unless it's just the basic OOC thread, character profiles and rules. question: what do the Flux Spawn look like? I'm imagining they look like alien symbiotes or Jenova from Final Fantasy VII or the fully-mutated monsters from the movie, Doom.

4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I imagine them looking like those energy dudes from Titan A.E.

5. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What they look like is still somewhat up in the air, I have to get off soon so I can't put anything up right now. Sorry. One thing though what do you people want to have the story go?

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I dunno, there's always the standard, someone from one of the sides wants to desroy the world. Or my personal favorite, wee have to stop someone from our own race from starting a war to end the existence of one civilization

7. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    *gives Shogun a nudge and a smirk*

Here! Here!

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Or, someone has a vision of something terrible from the world's past returning and needs to get allies, however few people from their nation will help them, so they have to go to several nations to get allies and try to keep the evil at bay. After a chaoti series of events the evil breaks free and the world's leaders are finally willing to join forces to battle it in some sort of epic final battle that brings about world peace in the end, if we win that is

9. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    or you could have something where you find an enchanted artifact or weapon that could turn the tides of a battle or events. <--not my all-time personal favorite, but just another suggestion.

10. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm back, those all seem so cliche though. Ah well, it can't be helped we'll see what we can come up with when(if) this gets started.

I was also thinking that some major world event could have happened in the time that passed. Any ideas?

11. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    An explosion! Or a large meteorshower over the US, so then that way, everything could be all dark and destroyed, sort of a chaotic look.

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    that's definately a good plan, that way we can work with what places would have had to become the new super powers

13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    sounds very interesting, but..... i'm already doing 3 RPs at the same time and as i have a habit of writing HUGE posts, i cannot take up another... GOOD LUCK THO!!!

EDIT: gah.... okok, when everything gets set up, i MAY join... it sounds so kool! YAY the end of the world wiith magical underlines!!!!!

14. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The meteor shower sounds good, so the US would be no more basicly. Now I'm trying to think what the new world powers would be. Hm.... How about Korea makes its move with the nukes and nukes china while chinas residents move away. This would lead to Korea trying to take over the world as some of the other powers try to stop it. Only thing is, what whould those be?
    (Can't wait till we get to characters. :) )

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    let's see, I'm thinking the main nations would be along the lines of:

Asia: Korea, China, and Japan

Europe: England, Italy, and maybe, Spain

16. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    gah.... mass war RP.... ok, count me out.

17. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hm, a Mass war rp isn't exactly what I had in mind. This is still just backround, if everyone dosen't want it to have a big effect then we can just have it that the wars won't effect much minus that it makes it harder to survive. However if everyone wants massive armies then we can do that. Utimitely this is the end of everything, as all the major powers bomb the entire world, at least that is what it looks like will happen. And don't forget that the Flux will come around and cause more havoc, so who knows how things will go. Also if everyone wants we can start this 5 or so years later so most everything is dead. So, what type of RP does everybody want this to be and I can change it accordingly.

18. Axiron Stormholder

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, this kinda seems like this should be a sort of urban tribal thing. So, there are probably only a few million people left in the world. There's most likely advanced technology too.

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I personally vote for something like FF7, post apocolyptic, outlandish races, catastrophies, epic heros, that type of thing, but we still need to go into detail about everything and determine some type of story

20. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    OH!!! post apopcolaptic!!!!! yeah!!!! COUNT ME BACK IN!!!! :p (what? im a girl! im allowed to change my bloody mind!)

We could have it surrounding what was once was one of the biggest cities (something like NY) so there are many levels and so on :D