Chainfire

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please discuss Chainfire in this section.

2. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    This one was a let down for me but others might like it.

Richard is always trying to find his wife and the boxes are becoming old. I wanted something new.

3. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I definitely understand what you're saying. Chainfire sort of re-enforces my opinion that this series can get a little repetetive in as much as, Richard and Kahlan are seperated as often as they're not.

I did find this a little frustrating if I'm honest, because obviously there's the whole war with Jagang raging, and Richard's stuck scouring the world looking for someone that no one else remembers.

The ending was a little surprising I thought, in that Kahlan was still missing. Usually the main issue of the book is resolved by the end, so we can get ready for an even more troublesome one in the next! Chainfire however, is part of a trilogy that will complete the series, so I'm presuming the issue with Richard and Kahlan will be resolved early on in Phantom, as it's the penultimate novel, and there's still much work to be done. Or at least I hope it is. The last thing we need in Phantom to be Chainfire all over again, and then the last book be a rushed job...

Other than that though, Chainfire really wasn't that bad. I think some of the frustration you feel reading it helps portray the frustration that Richard feels at the fact that only he seems to know who Kahlan is. The fact that he discovers what Chainfire is, and spirit in the Garden of Life, sets up a promising reunion in Phantom. I can't wait until June/July :)

4. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I haven't read this one yet, haven't got round to getting it out... but I managed to read a few chapters and -yes I know that it wouldn't do it justice- but from what I got out of that I wasn't really impressed. As someone I think said in another of these discussions, the other books really sucked you in, this one didn't have that i think.