Cell phones in school

Discussion in 'Rants & Scams' started by I. R. Shogun, May 31, 2007.

1. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I think it might be useful for teens to have cellphones, but I don't think they need to bring them to school. I mean, leave in the car, or if you don't have a car, in your locker. They're useful for kids going places, like if their car dies or whatever, or the need to get ahold of their parents while they're downtown.

When I was in high school hardly anyone had cell phones, but they've become more popular now and my sister (who has one herself) tells stories of how it's common to have the class interrupted by a student's cell phone ringing (usually for inane purposes). She also notes that everyone texts, and apparently texting is huge in that school now - text during class, etc etc. It's a distraction, for one, and a detriment to learning. Oh, of course there will always be other things that distract, like old fashioned notes etc, but cell phones are not a necessity to have in school. Like Shogun mention, if there's an emergency and the kid needed to be contacted, the school is generally notified, so a cell phone would be superfluous.

Therefore, I think it's acceptable the cell phones should be banned in classes, if not the schools themselves.

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    theyre banned everywhere in my school. i dont have one, but its fun to watch all the moronic perfect kids get detention for it :D

3. Blood Battosai

Blood Battosai Death Become of you

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    amen to that but anyways cell phones are the wave of the future soon they will be able to have emrgency boradcasts and even deploy first-aid along with instructions

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    We all had them in my school, and as I'm avere of there are no bannings of them anyware in my country, what if you get a heart attack?You had to send an SMS to a buddy so he'll tell others and maybe somebody will call the doctor...

Mine has emergency brodcast, along whit a teleportation device, a time machine and a portable hot dog stand...I don't know why it has the last feture though...

5. charlie6078

charlie6078 rawr

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    they arn't allowed in our school but hey, like we will ever listen to the teachers :). so we take them anyway

6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    yeah. no one listens at our school either ^_^

7. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Always or only when you're talking?

(much apologies but my will to resist making such an obvious joke is non-existant)

jk

8. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I myself hope to change this problem by introducing!

[​IMG]

The Kill frenzy edition school friendly mobile phone!

With a cartridge size of 7.62x39mm, rate of fire at 600 rounds per minute and an effective range of 300 meters! It's a revoultionary new mobile phone that is appropriate for any and every occasion!

9. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Haha.. Cellphones are the numba 1 friend of the pupil at school, I'm past school but I remember that EVERYONE in ALL of the school had AT LEAST one cell with him xD there are many uses for cells in schools, first you can use them as MP3s, listen to some music, play games, send SMS, surf the internet, take photos of your classmates "actually" learning and even record your teacher and have it help y ou to study at home. The Modern Cellular Phones are amazing! hahaha..