Casting "The DaVinci Code"

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Arwen, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    French film star Jean Reno has joined Tom Hanks in Columbia Pictures' upcoming film adaptation of Dan Brown's best-selling thriller "The Da Vinci Code." Reno will play gruff detective Bezu Fache to Hanks' famed symbologist Robert Langdon in the film version of the novel that has dominated the best seller list for almost two years. Scheduled to begin production in 2005 for a May 19, 2006 release, "The Da Vinci Code" will be directed by Ron Howard from a screenplay by Akiva Goldsman. Reno, who stars opposite Steve Martin in the soon-to-be-released remake of "The Pink Panther," has appeared in numerous Hollywood films including "Mission: Impossible," "Ronin," the 1998 remake of "Godzilla" and such French films as "Subway," "The Big Blue," "La Femme Nikita" and "Les Visiteurs." Reno is represented by ICM, Amy Guenther at Gateway Management Partners and attorney Peter Nichols. (Staff report)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000753389

2. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I didn't know there would be a film of The DaVinci Code", and I hope it'll be as good as the book, even though I don't think this is possible. I read the book half a year ago, it's so interesting and so exciting!
    I think everybody who loves thrillers should have read this. I can only recommend it! ;)

3. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I actually prefered his other books ( Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress, and deception point ) to the Da Vinci Code, but I'm still looking forward to the movie, expecially because the cast Tom Hanks.

4. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I'm very excited about this movie..but I'm not sure I love Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon...he just doesn't seem like the conspiracy movie type actor...

5. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but I'm convinced Tom Hanks can pull off any role. He's surprised Hollywood before...

6. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    France will allow director Ron Howard to shoot scenes in the famed Louvre museum for the Columbia Pictures adaptation of Dan Brown's bestseller The Da Vinci Code, reports Reuters.

Asked about plans to shoot the movie, starring Tom Hanks as Professor Robert Langdon, in the Louvre in summer, a spokesman for the Culture Ministry said: "Yes, it is scheduled to go ahead. There is no problem."

A production team has already visited the Louvre to select locations in its Grand Gallery, where the opening of the novel is set.

Filming usually takes place at night and on Tuesdays, when the museum is closed to the public.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8034