Cast for Star Wars Episode Seven is announced!

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by FFarl, Apr 30, 2014.

1. FFarl

FFarl Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    It seems our new admin is a spambot (least according to the auto-spam catcher software thingy ;))

As for the new films its a mixed feeling. The last 3 films they did didn't really do wonders for the series. Although one can argue that after so long it would have been hard to match the originals; plus several really big story elements were already known (we all knew who Anakin would become and we all knew who the emperor was going to be). However elements like JarJar Binks in the first film didn't do them much help.

It will be interesting to see how these new 3 films come out - Disney has in the past done some very mature works so its not all fairies and princesses.

3. FFarl

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You know, I hear a lot of people who didn't care for the JarJar thing. I think it served to keep younger kids interested, and it probably worked. It didn't get in my way too much.

Now, Return of the Jedi was one of the first films I ever saw in a theatre, and because of that, I hold it in very high regard. It would be impossible to match the way the story drew me in back then, so I have to look at the newer stuff though a different lens, so to speak. I'm certainly scared about what direction Disney will go, but they've put out some good stuff. I guess we have no choice but to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +471 / 3 / -0
    Exactly, and repped.
    what Jar Jar did is meant i was able to bring my little sisters (12 yrs younger and 16 yrs younger) and my little brother (21 yrs younger) into the star wars universe. i rolled my eyes everytime he was on screen but they loved it. and a love of Jar Jar soon leads to a love of Yoda, then Obi-Wan and finally that little sook anakin

5. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +471 / 3 / -0
  6. FFarl

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    yea, the language was a little vague there.

7. Ros

Ros New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Funny, my son is 8 and he loves all the Star Wars movies. You would think after seeing the newer ones, the old ones would bore him to tears.
    I'm very excited to see what Disney has in store!!