can anyone help me find this trilogy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warnes71, May 29, 2017.

1. warnes71

warnes71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi people. I'm hoping someone can help me find a trilogy I'm looking for, but can't remember the name of it. All I remember wss that the book had a light brown cover.

Some years ago, I got a book from the library which was the first in a trilogy. The book was co-authored, and involved these two friends who get transported to another land. One gets caught up in a rug in his house and transported to the land, and his friend gets transported later on.

They land on a hill or a beach, and are captured by the people of the land who are decidedly unfriendly. Also there is something about a bank being robbed of gold or something at the beginning.

Now, the book was co-authored, but one of the authors - Richard or Robert is my recollection - who was very young, (like in his early 30's maybe) died in the middle of the writing of he third book, and It wax finished by the other author.

I never read the other two books, so I can't tell anyone what happened. but I'm hoping that someone might remember the book. I think it came out in the late 90's or early 2000's. Anyone?