Campus Photos

Discussion in 'User Created Art' started by Alchemist, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
  2. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    1st&2nd the best
    i love your work - seriously, do you have some kind of exhibition... , you should make on.

3. Sevi

Sevi Pocałunek!

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I love them! Especially number two! Good job! :)

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    shot 1) I do agree with your choice to keep the green in this shot - I think its a key part which makes it more of a shot than just a few sticks and a leaf.
    sadly the blowouts (overexposed white areas) are rather a distraction in this shot. Good light is good, but too much light can be just as much of a probem as too little light - you can try exposure compensation set to up to -1 to try and counter highlights from blowing out in the direct sunlight (and then flash can be used to bring up details in the foreground if it is needed).

Second shot) intresting use of selective colouring - but I would rather than all the leaves had been coloured - and that if the others were "spare" they could have been removed from the scene. As for the shot and the lines I know quite a few photographers consider lines really important - to my I can't see such shots either before or much after they are framed and taken so I can't comment on the best use of them in a shot.

Third shot) Nice big shot with good details - I might have tried to set it more offcentre than it is shown here - offcentre can really help in composition many times. Aside from that the only thing that stands out to me is that you cut the bottom off it ;)

Overall some interesting work there - your trying for a much more abstract eye than I tend to use or see - and that is always good thing to experiment and see what you can get.

5. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys ^___^

OR, yeah it was extremely bright that day, should have adjusted more but was in an awkward position lol
    I don't know how to remove the extra leaves >.>

Yeah, I tend to be more abstract it seems, and am enjoying it. :D

6. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    broom - fingers - feet - ;)
    modify the scene before you take the shot is what I am saying - though you could try the clone tool to remove them in the finished shot, but its a lot of work to do right (and very easy to get it wrong) so before is easier -- you then only have to deal with your inner honesty as to how far you modify a scene before you take a shot (remembering that the act of framing and taking a shot will already be impacting and modifying what is before you to your vision)

7. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Ah, okay, originally thought you meant to do it in photoshop lol xD