Bush opinions

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by carolinethepirate, May 30, 2006.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well luckily I don't smoke then lol, anyway yeah it is about rights, but I'll have to look up those rights I guess afteral if there's a rule in the airport to not wear clothing which says "terrorist" I might agree with you.

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The Airlines are not public domain like a park or sidewalk, they are privately owned companies or corporations, for the most part , and can refuse service to anyone. If McDonalds says I have to wear a shirt and shoes to walk into the lobby and eat French Fries, then I have to wear a shirt and shoes to walk into the lobby and eat French Fries. Your freedom of expression can't infringe upon their freedom to provide a comfortable surrounding for their customers.

3. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    So does anyone want to weigh in on the State of the Union Address? Anyone? Bueller?

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    No Bueller? :D

I always thought that rapid blinking was a possible indicator of nerves and/or lying, but I googled it and found new research that says you're less likely to blink lots if you're lying due to having to concentrate harder on keeping your story straight.

I'm glad I'm not in America/Dubya's position. In Vietnam they finally just cut and ran, but if they leave Iraq too soon, it WILL (not might, WILL) implode. So no matter how unpopular it gets, pulling out and leaving behind a flaming trainwreck of a political disaster is going to be far worse for Amercia's international reputations and standing than continuing to fight an unpopular war.

Stuck between Iraq and a hard place, if you will......

5. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    We should stay, just to get things squared away.

I know I know, we shouldn't have gone in the first place, but we did.

6. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I know that we need to stay so that we are not tarred and feathered by the international community, but I am just so tired of hearing them tout about how successful we have been and how we are winning when it is not true. We should never have went in the first place and I frmly believe that if the American public had been given the correct and truthful information there is no way we would have waged war against them.

7. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, I think the whole world is of the same opinion there. I think there's more respect for a leader who is willing to be honest and say "This has become much harder than we thought, but we're going to stick it out" rather than "We're winning, why can't you idiots see how easily we're winning? With no resistance! We're winning!"

Uh huh. Sory, I couldn't hear you over the sound of that last bomb exploding.

I'm of the opinion that being totally upfront and honest and not trying to bluff people with obviously crap rhetoric is a better way of diffusing a situation. The Aussie PM John Howard is good at that.

8. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Hahahahahahaha, love The Onion:

9. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    To hear some of the soldiers that have been there talk...well...it's not a complete failure.

10. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    Yah, my good friend is in Iraq, and he doesn't think it's a waste.

11. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    To be be clear, I do not think that what the soldiers do is a waste at all. I FULLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. I just don't support the war or the dumbass who led our nation in to this with lies, half-truths, and smoke and mirrors.

Truth be told, by any poll, body count, or measure you can take we are not *winning* this war. We may not be losing per se, but we as a country have messed up pretty bad. I think that the war we began is not the war that is currently being waged and we are ill prepared to tackle *this* war.

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well of course. Although I can't say I support your troops, I can't blame them either to fight in this war...It is their duty, it's not their fault, they're just following commands

For the rest I completely agree with what you said

13. Urk the Gurk

Urk the Gurk Urk the Gurk

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Um. it is a soldiers fault when he shoots a person in the head. Their hand, on the trigger. No one else's. It's th governments fault for sding them there. Its their own fault for going. Not everything can be blamed on the government, even a government as messed up as yours.
    Please to not misconstue this. I did not like Saddam Hussein any more than I like Bush. But the US is becoming a true police state, and the thing is, none of you are going to do anything about it. The only thing that would spark a revolution in America today is if the superbowl were cancelled. Then you'd see riots in the streets!
    Actually, a revolution probably wouldn't be a good idea either. It would only result in the crackdown on even more freedoms. My advice is to just try to be free in yourself. And read 1984. and those poetic souls who live in the red zone, try and educate the foolish bble thumpers. But be kind. They use macs.
    (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20021126)

14. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Um...what?

15. Boadicea

Boadicea Warrior Queen

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Hey...I use a mac! :D

I do agree with you about the soldiers to some extent, after all it's their choice to sign up. But are you suggesting that our soldiers should drop their guns and bluntly refuse to go? Boy, when someone launches an attack on us, a disobedient, unreliable military force will sure be helpful.

And trust me, we Americans have our limits. They just haven't been reached quite yet.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  16. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Still confused by the Bible thumper comments and wondering what it has to do with macs...

Anyway...America's limit seems to me to be quite high.

17. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's good to push the limit, though. Especially when the decisions of one country affects the rest of the world.

18. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It's true that our decisions affect most of the world, but that doesn't mean we should just sit back and let everything happen passively.

19. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say we should, I merely said that we shouldn't push our limits.

20. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I know. I was just...what's the word...expanding my earlier statement. :)