Bush opinions

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by carolinethepirate, May 30, 2006.

1. carolinethepirate

carolinethepirate Arrg...my spleen!!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm only doing this for a good debate. So what does everyone think of Bush? Personally I think he's one of the worst presidents ever.

2. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Any particular reasons based on actual facts? not the crap Moore spews.
    or is this simple a "Bush bad cuz he's a meanie" thread

3. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    specifically why do you think that? if you desire to sustain a good debate state your reasons for your conclusion.

4. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I'll bite...

I think Bush is an embarrassment as a president. I think that he has made a fool of himself and the US many times over. In my opinion, this has nothing to do with Michael Moore or blindly following party lines. I am not a Democrat. Nor am I a Republican. I prefer to take it on a case by case basis, and support or oppose each candidate as an individual.

I think that Bush has not been a good steward of our nation. He has recorded the worst public approval ratings. Of any president. Ever. He has incurred a national debt that is outstanding and mindboggling. He went to war in a hasty mis-informed fashion. He mislead the US citizens with his intentions and information. He is not well-spoken and often appears very ignorant on subjects about which he is speaking. He can't pronounce nuclear. He completely screwed up in NOLA. Then, to add insult to injury, afterwards he tried to ignore the situation for days.

He is not well received by many foreign allies and has cost the US a lot of respect in the international community. He has not perpetuated cordial working relations with many international leaders. He has ignored and turned a blind eye to the horrible genocide occuring in Sudan. He has failed to steer the US towards implementing any alternatives to our heavy dependence on oil, especially foreign oil.

That is the short list of why I can not support George W Bush as our president. I will revisit any issue on an as needed basis, because if I expanded on each of my thoughts in this post it would be crazy huge.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  5. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    the bush administration has demonstrated both a subtle and hostile disregard and ultimately disrespect for unalienable rights 'surely' prescribed within the us constitiution. establishing a record of dangerous precendents that assault individual liberty, constitutional seperation of powers, foriegn state sovereignty ect.

"an unusual fbi raid of a democratic congressman's office over the weekend prompted complaints yesterday from leaders in both parties, who said the tactic was unduly aggressive and may have breached the constitutional separation of powers between the executive and legislative branches of government." (dan eggen and shailagh murray, washingtonpost.com)

"the national security agency has been secretly collecting the phone call records of tens of millions of americans, using data provided by at&t, verizon and bellsouth, people with direct knowledge of the arrangement told usa today." (leslie cauley, usatoday.com)

"president bush signed a secret order in 2002 authorizing the national security agency to eavesdrop on u.s. citizens and foreign nationals in the united states, despite previous legal prohibitions against such domestic spying, sources with knowledge of the program said last night." (dan eggen, washingtonpost.com)

"most police states, surprisingly, come about through the democratic process with majority support. during a crisis, the rights of individuals and the minority are more easily trampled, which is more likely to condition a nation to become a police state than a military coup...

political propagandizing is used to get all of us to toe the line and be good "patriots," supporting every measure suggested by the administration. we are told that preemptive strikes, torture, military tribunals, suspension of habeas corpus, executive orders to wage war, and sacrificing privacy with a weakened 4th Amendment are the minimum required to save our country from the threat of terrorism...

so far the direction is clear: we are legislating bigger and more intrusive government here at home and are allowing our president to pursue much more military adventurism abroad. these pursuits are overwhelmingly supported by members of congress, the media, and the so-called intellectual community, and questioned only by a small number of civil libertarians and anti-imperial, anti-war advocates...

"is america a police state?" my answer is: "maybe not yet, but it is fast approaching." the seeds have been sown and many of our basic protections against tyranny have been and are constantly being undermined...

in a free society, the government's job is simply to protect liberty- the people do the rest. let's not give up on a grand experiment that has provided so much for so many. let's reject the police state." (congressman ron paul r-tex, house.gov)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  6. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If bush was a good president noone would be saying the kind of crap everyone says about him.. think about it..

7. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    As usual, there are good things and bad things about everyone...in this case, the bad outweighs the good. But then again, I am not saying I could do much better.

8. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Not true at all. Since the dawn of time, since leaders and rulers first came into being. There has always been "crap" spoken about them. I willing to bet you my life Abraham Lincoln had alot of crap talked about him....I really dont need to go on.

I dont care if everyone in the whole freaking country voted for only ONE person, the very next day someone is going to "Man, that guy is a @#$#tard!!"

seriously...use common sense.

Its not eaves dropping on every citizen, its eavesdropping on people known to be somewhat linked to terroism. I mean seriously, if your not planning to bomb the U.S. what the hell do you have to worry about. Im sorry, if there is a way to find out what suspected terrorists are talking about....take away my so-called freedom of privacy. I'd rather have my phone tapped then have another bombing.

I tried to stay out of this thread...but....

All I am going to say is that while Bush has his problems he is a hell of a lot better then the ones running agaisnt him..Period!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  9. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Dont tell me to use common sence buddy.. debate forum is for our opinions.. got that? so STFU

10. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    ooo "STFU" huh...wow big words man..big words.

Common Sense > opinion

"buddy"

11. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

people talk crap as alchemist said, even if he is good, some one with others will still dis like him.

12. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    how has he been a successful president?

13. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    If you do not know enough to figure it out yourself, then you probaly wont understand it.
    lol, I seem to agree with Tur on this issue, not his view on politics but on debating, maybe there should be an age limit to discuss politics.

14. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It's a perfectly simple question, though. So I don't see a problem answering it...

15. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: NVM

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  16. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0

yeah you say for him to go figure it out, but why dont YOU present why he has been successful, cause I think the majority of.... everyone, agrees Bush is a dimwit and the funniest puppet president ever. I dont beleive for a single second he is the one coming out with all the plans and decisions, those will be made by those who work at his side like Rumsfeld.

17. Ulfygg

Ulfygg New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You took the words out of my mouth. Why do Bushs followers have to right to demand every one else to back up their position, but dont feel the need to say why Bush is the greatest presedent since Nixon or what ever it is that BFEE supporters believe.

And whats up with this "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about"? The people who repeat thins line of reasoning seem to all be from the same stock that "Needs a gun to procect themselves from the government". Any way I say to you that you do have some thing to worry about, and thats the loss of the Bill of Rights, from "free speach zones" too "phone tapping without a warrent" thats the first and fourth admendment used as toilet paper by Bush , spat upon torn to shreds and burned.

I still find it shocking that more money was spent on investigating Clintons infidality, then on investigating Sep 11.

18. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well said, again I wish more people had read The Project for the New American Century before it was edited. There it detailed the plans for the future, some of which are still there, but one that is now missing is the plan of having control of the oil in the middle east, and what it said there, was the only way in which such a thing would be allowed was if a "Pearl Harbor" type of attack was to happen on American soil again. As this of course sprung the US into military action. And this comment was written before 911. Rings a few bells doesnt it. I even heard this brought up on British TV a few years ago on Parkinson, an interviewing show. Nice to know that even some celebs know about this as well.

911 was the best thing that could've happened for the American government. As it has fulfilled all of their dreams to gain more power, in a global sense and national. Cause now thanks to 911, the freedoms and privacy of the American people is now being taken away bit by bit. A classic example being the Patriot Act.

They started a war on "Terrorism"...... pretty vague isnt it. But thats the point. How do you know when you have defeated "Terrorism"? The answer is never. There will always be terrorists. Reminds me on the war on "Communism". Was another almost objectionless war ideology with one purpose.....

To keep war going for as long as possible..... Longer the war, the more cash that is made

19. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    To make our arguments better, we should find the individual ways the US gov't makes money. Because until then, even I'm unsure about this side of the debate. Could someone please show me the individual ways the gov't makes money? I am really asking a question here, I want to learn this stuff.

20. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Easy, check America's financial position before Vietnam, check it before 911 etc, but more importantly, see what happens during the wars to that financial position