Bryn y Ellyllon (The Gate of Norvegr)

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by bloodfiredeath, Dec 17, 2006.

1. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I breathe more easily as Wolf enters the darkness behind me.

"She went too gather wood too erect a barricade. I do not know how far she went, carrying is not something that comes naturally too us. She should have returned long before now."

Even as we speak I keep a careful watch on the blue energies around the gate but almost mockingly there is still no change.

2. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I skid to halt and meets my companions, my breath mists the air as I look upon the gate through which Bloued has jumped. The pungent scent of death hangs in the air. Comforting Houldarin as I go past I survey the dreaded gate.

"Fellow wolves I am sorry that I have been delayed from helping you. I sense the gate of which we stare bides its time. At the appex of its energies that gate may be opened, though we must be on guard for a evil presence bides its time behind it. Wolf have you been shown by the wise Mauthir how we can open it when the time comes?"

Using my paw I point to several symbols on the base of the gate. I do not know if these are important in any way but they seem strangely familiar.

3. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Finally I have reached the gate of Norvegr again. I halt, breathless from my dash across from the forest. But I am not too weary, there is need of us all yet.

"What is this of which you speak, Wolf? The ancient, familiar runes have long puzzled me. What has wise Mauthair discovered about this gate?"

4. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Saying little, Wolf steps towards the gate. Two looming stone pillars guard each side of it, and these are carved and chipped with many ancient symbols.

"Mauthair tells me thus..." I mutter, though with great reluctance. "We see upon this a crude drawing of the wolf creature footprint...

[​IMG]

"And from this we know it relates to us. That is simple, but it gets more complicated...

[​IMG]
    "This, as I am told means 'Keep away'. And as I read further,

[​IMG]

The enclosure...the trap...

[​IMG]
    Death.

[​IMG]

And wolves again. We should never have come here...it is a trap!

But we cannot leave our bretheren behind to face what perils wolves know not...we must act, and soon!

5. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "We must plan. Bloued is in grave danger, if he is not dead already, but there are four of us here and we must find a way into that gate. We cannot leave our packmate alone, but I know not how we can help him. Roland, do your visions tell anything of Bloued's plight?"

6. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "I have seen him shackled and bound, a creature of shadows guards him and beside it all I see an hourglass its sands slowly draining, it is near empty and I fear that there may be little time. Bloued though fights this, his struggle brings grains of sand upwards buying us more time"

7. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Who knows what they have done with the others that went with him...

I sense Mauthair is coming. He knows that he is needed here.

8. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "We must make haste. Is there any hints as to how we might help Bloued and the rest, for I refuse too believe in their demise without proof? Do we know how too open the gate from the other side. If we do I will go and fetch our brethren back. At the very least we should fetch more defenders and we should find a way too seal this threat once we have saved the others.

Wolf give me your orders do I go or shall we await the wise Mauthair before we act"

9. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "How can we open the gate from the other side?"

Behind the gate, the terrain is rocky and steep. The gate seems to be a natural projection, and there is no clear other side, instead there is a natural decline until the back of the gate melds with the surrounding ground. Yet I search this area, hoping that there is some way we can enter. Surely, there are some loose rocks, or some part weakened by the tunnelling underneath. I search, seemingly in vain, until I detect something underfoot.

"Come here! There is a vent of some kind, I think. Can we use this weak point to find another way in?"

10. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I look around at the wolves with me, my heart quickens as the darkness closes in.

"My friends and allies, I do not like this place at all, not at all. Bloued, I fear we are in more danger than we realize."

We are in a large cavern somewhere deep below, the wolves and I suddenly look up as the a sound comes from a passage way far ahead.

"It would seem those that would have us dead have awoken......."

11. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The gate hisses and crackles with energy, then unleashes a blinding light that dazzles everyone.
    As the dust clears and the party's site returns, they notice the form of bloued in front of them, he appears weary, as if he has been hunted.
    "I will tell you of what is beyond the gate" he whispers. "But first I must rest, as I do so rally the pack. We must go back through there, our fate hangs in the balance in that realm and this, but the answers lie there" He inclines his head to the gate, and plods off to a corner to rest.

12. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    "Rest brother, rest- skies only know what you have been through! A brave creature you are, but a world beyond our knowledge is a harrowing thought, more so if it leaves a wolf like this..."

She indicates the forlorn Bloued who drags his paws solemly, walking towards a sheltered corner of the room.

"I speak for all of us when I say it is most excellent to see our lost kindred return- as most here thought that we would never see him again. When he wakes, we will listen closely to the words of which he speaks, and of what devilry lies beyond this gate. But whilst he sleeps, we must do as he said- gather what essential wolves we can muster, guide them here so that finally we may solve this riddle"

Wolf howls a long note, then dissapears to the plains so that her words can travel greater distance.

13. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "It is truly a relief to see you, brother. While you rest, I will return to the cave to rally the wolves there. This is something all the pack must hear."

14. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I remain in the large chamber, guarding both my returned comrade and the gate which has thrown us into choas. I stay close to Bloued should he awake or need anything.

15. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued slowly raises his head from the floor, and see’s H.I looking over him.
    “Thank you dear friend, for keeping the watch whilst I rested. I am refreshed now.”
    He gives H.I a wolvish kiss.
    “We must return to the great cave to discuss what I have seen with the rest of the pack and wise Mauthair. The gate will be safe unguarded, there is no way across it for the being's of the other realm at the moment.”
    Gets up and slowly but steadily lopes out of the chamber and heads toward the sanctity and warmth of home.

16. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    When returned, Wolf walks with the rest of the followers, keeping a close eye on everyone, for they all look forlorn after such angst as each has been through. Tiredness is setting in to the best of creatures, and so most occupy a slow trudge, though once all have walked a good distance from the gate itself, each feels part of a relief has been taken off their shoulders, like they are finally waking a little from a bad dream. However they still know that some of the nightmare will continue yet, and so the pace remains the same. Wolf howls a different story to the skies this time, and sends a message to Mauthair and the animals of The Great Cave about who is soon to arrive. Many wolves in need of a place of comfort to discuss the matter.

Faintly in the distance, a reply can be heard.

"Mauthair knows we are coming, and he is most eager to hear what we have to say. We are not far off now. Not far from home".

17. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    "Then we must hurry." There is a slight smile on him "Race you guys" Ray runs off.

18. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    CONTINUED FROM THE GREAT CAVE THREAD

Bloued waited for the nervous titters of the pack to subside, whilst looking at Ray with a wolvish grin. Perhaps he thought in the dark days surely in front of them, Ray’s timely sense of joviality, however unintentional would keep spirits up.
    Bloued’s eyes scanned the forest, seeking any signs of life. The ancient gnarled oaks barely moved at all, despite the dark, windswept skies overhead. There was once again no movement or noise from the dim wood. However in the back of his mind was a pervading feeling that they were not alone.
    Bloued looked toward Mauthair, uncertainly in his eyes and he at last spoke.
    “Wise one, the Northern Goblin, known as Drey of the Clan Blakkrmhamarr, seems to not be in sight. Perhaps there is a difference in time betwixt our realm and this one?”
    Mauthair nodded and thought upon this fact.
    Bloued glanced again into the distance toward the giant uprooted tree, when he glimpsed a slight movement.
    “Wise one, pack brothers, look to the fallen tree. There seems to be someone there!”
    The pack bounded forward as one. Mauthair’s thought pulsed from member to member.
    “Be strong kindred, and be on your guard”
    As the pack approached the fallen tree a trio of dark skinned Goblins came into view. One raised his hand in greeting.
    “Well meet southron brothers,” Said the foremost Goblin, whom Bloued recognised as the one who called himself Drey.
    “Greeting’s Drey and friends” called Bloued, as he felt his uneasiness leave him. But the sense of foreboding still lingered.
    Drey raised his arms and twirled around as if showing off the forest.
    “This my friends, is what remains of our once great Southern forest kingdom. Here once stood Mighty King Svartr Hyrr and his court. Before their lands were torn asunder by an almighty evil from the north. That is which cannot be named. Come my friends we have a full days trek to the next Goblin enclave, where we will rest and tell you of our lands. But first who are your companions?”

19. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mauthair bows his head and raises it again before he speaks thus, "I am Mauthair, leader of the Grey Alliance, guarder of the ancient lands and protecter now of those who walk by my side. I hope that our presence here can aid the goblin race in vanquishing, if not containing the evil of which you speak, which even in our own realm has been sensed by all".

Mauthair turns to another creature, who then says "I am Wolf, guider of all, protector of the Great Cave and they who inhabit its lands. I fight for the Grey Alliance, like I do for all my family".

She turns to another, and the introductions continue.

20. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    I am Lyanna, Heoulour Wearg of this Alliance. I fight for my packmates and my Alliance and against all that opposes them.

Search tags for this page

bloueds