Bryn y Ellyllon (The Gate of Norvegr)

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by bloodfiredeath, Dec 17, 2006.

1. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    *walks up to the gate* My word what is this place? It feels like death.

2. Wolf

Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    It feels like death, but for what reason yet we do not know. What we do understand is that this was once a great monument of the goblin days, known as it is, The Gate of Norvegr, and from what we can translate of such carvings as we can find, we know that there would have been a bond between these creatures and wolves of the ancients. But the difficulty comes when trying to understand how this bond was broken, or how it came about that goblins felt the need to travel elsewhere. As much as we are now trying to reforge this bond, we must also find the significance of this gate, and now it comes to a decision that amounts to unknown consiquences.

3. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The gate should hold no fear for us. It was once used by our ancestors to transcend time and space, as a portal to another realm, full of magic and wonder. But! caution should be heeded, as many moons have passed since our kind have travelled to the northlands, and it may well not be as friendly as before.

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    has anyone ventured since long ago...if not let me be the first to go.

5. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    this is.. overwhelming. finally we are here.. i can't believe it!

6. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    bloued turns to his companions, a determined look in his eyes.
    "Well, what are we waiting for, Destiny beckons! Forward the pack"
    he leaps into the crackling icy blue centre of the gate, his pack doing the same.
    With a hiss of energy, they disappear, as if they never existed.

The gate, fades to a darker hue of blue, twinged with black, as if resting before another tries to enter. Its grim runes and ancient carved frescoes upon its face seem to mock those remaining, as if daring them to enter. A slight cold breeze swirls through the room from nowhere, and the faint sound of evil mocking laughter seems to lay within its icy embrace.

7. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    'No! Bloued!'

But she knows that he has lept forth. The gate looms quietly over stunned watchers, who can only dread to think what laughter of such devilry mocks so...

Wolf knows not what she must do.

8. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    that was... unexpected...

lewy turns to wolf as to ask what now, but then realise she- and everybody else- is just as confused as he is. all they apperantly can do is waiting for bloued to maybe return...

9. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Lyanna (who has suddenly appeared) moves as close as she dares to those treacherous gates. The runes inscribed on the gates strike her as familiar.

"Lewy, did you see runes like these when you read the Drouhtou? I think these are the same, or perhaps archaic versions of wolvish runes from the days when the goblins were our close allies and friends."

10. lewy

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    lewy examinates the runes...
    yes, i think so. if i do not recall wrong, these particularly appeared only one place, and i understood little or nothing of them. but maybe wolf or Mauthair

11. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "Wolf, we need the seers. Maybe Roland will have some idea of what is coming. You must withdraw to the cave. I will mount a watch here with two companions, let three more guard the door too this place. This is all I can advise untill we know more or untill Bloued returns too us."

12. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Houldarian, your advice is wise. I will stand guard with you until Roland comes.

13. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    For the first day we take turns too keep watch, rest and hunt. Nothing much happens, but I wish we had a third companion too make this easier. The gate throbs with malignant light.

If only something would happen...

14. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I will go to the cave and try to find Roland and the other seers, but their knowledge is based on forseeing- not what lies within this glowing trechery *Looks to gateway*. I will be swift, but you must use all your powers of strength to keep stong and watch for anything, anything that seems different, anything that happens- anything. I will see if I can get a few more wolves to help guard this place also, for it would be unfair to demand all of your time, Houldarian, and yours Lyanna. Whilst at the cave I must speak with Mauthair, and ask his guidance to examine the Drouhtou in closest detail, for I know of these wolfish runes, but since the decline of writing they are rarely used. Mauthair will know them still.

Heauldain Awl, Heauldain Faursraung, Wauciane! (Keep safe, Keep strong, Keep awake!) I will return with all the speed swiftness can muster- Farewell!

15. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There hangs an aura around the gate that draws my gaze to it. Its face slowly returns too the lighter blue it had before Bloued and his pack entered through it. Thankfully there is no sound, the laughter that mocked us earlier has not returned.

After what seems like hours the still air is again disturbed by the cold breeze. I swing towards the gate but the runes and frescoes seem unchanged too my eyes.

"Lyanna, this will not do. I think we should take action before this place takes our sanity. Let us clear the area around the gate and errect a barracade infront of the entrance. We can watch from there and if we have unwelcome guests it will be easier too hold them off."

16. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    "I, too, dislike the ominous atmosphere of this place, Houldarian. Already, one member of our pack is in great peril here. I will scout nearby for brushwood we can use for our barricade, but if you have need of me I will be close by."

17. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Alone in the large chamber I drag pieces of rotting wood towards the narrow entry way. The strange atmosphere is charged whith charged with malevolence and I can swear that a thousand eyes watch my every move. I feel a growl hovering at the back of my throught, just waiting for something too attack.

I swing towards the strange blue gate as the icy wind again whips around me. My growl, while soft echo's against the ancient walls. I still cannot see any change but now I am shure that someone, some thing is watching me.

18. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    In the fringes of the forest, I scout for pieces of deadwood suitable for our barricade. There is not much available, and I find I must search deeper and deeper among the trees in order to find what I am looking for. Yet I am not far away and some vestige of that icy wind reaches me, causing me to halt in my tracks. Even as I turn sharply towards the gate of Norvegr, and hurry to reach Houldarian, I find myself cursing my recklessness in leaving a packmate alone in such a dangerous place. Belaboured by the wood I carry, I drop it and run with all my might towards Bryn y Ellyllon, hoping that the evil augured in that wind will not cause the loss of another packmate...

19. HumanInfiltrator

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Humans have this strange habit of burrying their dead in groups, creating these eery places of death. After the breeze fades away the air is thick with the smell of death and heavy with the feeling of being watched. I move back behind my flimsy barricade, casting my gaze to the now too many dark corners. My nose twitches, trying to catch a scent out of place.

There is danger here, but where exactly I don't know.

I whish that Lyanna would return so I can send her to warn the others. Or that the wise one will give us guidence in this hour.

20. Wolf

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Sprinting back across plains and wood, a stagnant smell seeps through the air, and catches the nose of Wolf. I grimace, remembering the ancient days of my youth, but muster on, with a merging of strength and fear in my veins. The wood soon begins to turn much more dense and blackened, combining with the night sky that has a freshness and clarity revealing the moon and stars whose presence I am thankful for. I am getting closer to the gate. Stagnant scents turn to pungent death, where danger seems cursingly omniscient. But I keep going, with the words Mauthair has told me safe in my mind. Then, the glow of the gate holds my gaze, and I walk towards it in strange anticipation. I see Houldarian, looking nervous, but from one wolf to another there is an equal breath of relief.

"Mauthair has told me what I need to know, and from his wisdom I can make out parts of this deceitful gate- only parts, mind you, not all- for most is written in the text of goblins, and ancient goblins at that. Where is Lyanna, so that I may show you both?"

Search tags for this page

bloueds