Bryn y Ellyllon (The Gate of Norvegr)

Discussion in 'The Grey Alliance' started by bloodfiredeath, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued and his pack stand in awe of the great mound, once home to the mighty Goblins, kindred of the old days. A sudden cold wind of foreboding sweeps through the glen, making all shiver despite the bright sun. thoughts of a dark nature sweep through those assembled here, but a summoning growl from Bloued turns the packs attention to the task at hand.
    "Be strong, my kindred and think not lightly on the task at hand, This quest may well shape the destiny of our kind and our allies, and we must look to its sucess! We must wait for the others to come and do this as an alliance. We must look to the Goblin for guidance to his ancestral home, and let his blood sing to him in order to find the gate".
    The pack settles down, thoughts go from wolf to wolf on what might lay in store for them as they wait.
     
  2. Lord_Croanan

    Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    531
    Likes Received:
    13
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    maastrict, netherlands
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I come up to the wolves and look over the cave.

    "I am ready to go in once everyone else is, there is much to learn, and I am quite interested in the contents of this cave."
     
  3. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Lord Croanan, perhaps you should try to find the doorway, as I am unfamiliar with goblin abodes. Hopefully by the time caim gets here we will have found a way into your ancient kins hallowed halls".
     
  4. Cåim

    Cåim Fallen Jedi

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2006
    Messages:
    2,162
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Cåim walked up to Bloued.

    "Long has been my absence. What has happened during this time?"
     
  5. Lord_Croanan

    Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2005
    Messages:
    531
    Likes Received:
    13
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    maastrict, netherlands
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I look over the vast mound and begin picking my way through it, my long and thimble fingers searching for anything that might be an entrance. Finally I feel a small curved object and pull hard, nearly pulling a rotted door off its hinges. Various forest animals scatter out as I bring out a torch and light it, looking at the others.

    "Shall we procceed inside?"
     
  6. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    "Caim, we need to go with Lord Croanan into his ancestral home to find a doorway to another realm, where we will find some answers about the future of our races"

    Bloued and his pack warily follow Lord Croanan into the darkness of the hill.
     
  7. lewy

    lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,772
    Likes Received:
    35
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    comes going slowly after.

    "this place is filled with such a.... dignity... i can sense history in these walls....
    we should walk carefully in this sacred place, so we do not cause it any harm...
    this place is overwhelming, and what lies ahead of us, the future of your race- our alliance- may reveale itself for us..."

    bows head in preyar, and keep walking slowly
     
  8. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Bloued and the pack enter the hallowed halls of antiquity, slowly treading in reverence of this once great seat of Goblin civilization. Tattered remants of ancient battles and victories forgotten hang from the walls and a sense of loss pervades the air.
    Suddenly Bloued stops, and beckons to his best scouts.
    "Garm and Fenris, take a couple of the newer, inexperienced members to scout and teach them the way, H.I and Lyanna will do splendidly. Be strong in your guidance and wise in your teachings. The opening of this portal may prove to be a difficult time for our races, so tread carefully, and let wise Mauthairs spirit guide you".
     
  9. HumanInfiltrator

    HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In hope
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    *I reach the great mound, but there is no sign of Wolf, have I lost her? I can smell the other but they seem to have entered into the old goblin place?

    What should I do? I shiver and turn smelling the air. Then come to a decision.

    I carefully enter the halls, if nothing else Bloued should be told what Wolf had said.*
     
  10. HumanInfiltrator

    HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In hope
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There is no sound as I make my way down the dark hallways. Even the scent of my brothers seem too have aged.

    Eventually I throw back my head in a tentative call. I know at least 4 of my brothers have entered, but where did they go after that?

    I will follow their trail only for an hour more. Too stay longer would be foolish. Maybe they have made their way too another exit. If something is wrong I need to let the pack know before I venture further.

    I listen carefully then move on again.
     
  11. Wolf

    Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    هناك
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Finally, after walking through darkened forests under cover of the shadows, Wolf arrives at the gate, and tries to catch what scents lie on the air...but ancient dust and the masking of unfamiliar odours draw few results, except the faintness of various creatures been and gone. Then, the piercing howl from not so far away breaks the open silence, and Wolf recognises its sound. She enters the ancient gateway, to which the fog of night breaks to reveal a multitide of scattered weaponry- mainly shattered spears and piercing arrows, among also the dusty, much torn tapestries that cling to the stonework.

    I reach the large hallways soon after the entrance, where I catch sight of Houldarian, calling up until the point where either wolf recognises the other*

    I apologise for my lateness, but now I am here at last. Are you alright? I think our kindred have wandered, though to where I do not know. I only hope that they have not lost themselves. Come, let us howl together, in hope that they may hear us and return.
     
  12. HumanInfiltrator

    HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In hope
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "Thank you Wolf. I was just thinking of turning back too give warning of their absence. But now I have new hope."

    *throw head back, raising my call in consert with Wolf*

    As the echo's of our calls fade through the darkened hallways we turn to try and catch a sound from those ahead of us. Nothing.

    The dust sieves down from the darkened ceiling causing me too sneeze. It is the only sound.

    "Wolf, should we follow them deeper into this cavernous place? Or should we hope for their return? I fear that rushing blindly into the darkness would be folly, but at the same time I dispair for our kindred. Bloued is wise and he would have sent word of what he found."
     
  13. Wolf

    Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    هناك
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    If he had heard us by now, I am sure he would reply. And the others. I fear they may have strayed too far, but I am confident that the wolves leading them would keep the rest safe. Let us not walk into unknown darkness to risk the possible perils within; I say we return to The Great Cave, and enlish the advice of Mauthair. Most likely we will be asked to return later, though with more of our kind for safety.
     
  14. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    *From the blackness of the dark hallway comes a young member of the pack*

    "I have been sent by bloued to let you know he has located the gate of Norvegr"
     
  15. Wolf

    Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    هناك
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wolf turns, just before she is about to venture off*

    Found the gate? Please, take us to him, so that we may see this great uncovered relic of goblin times- and thanks, young one, for moments we had thought iller fortunes had passed you and the others by! Lead on, young scout, 'lest it becomes hidden again!
     
  16. HumanInfiltrator

    HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In hope
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "I shall follow too, unless you have an objection. Come young one hurry now."
     
  17. bloodfiredeath

    bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2006
    Messages:
    4,563
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The young scout nods.
    "Follow me if you will please"
    He turns and heads into the darkness of the hallway. The group pad along the ancient dusty halls, frequently changing direction, but always heading down deeper into the depths of this place.
    Then suddenly, a large chamber opens up, revealing a huge stone arch in the middle, its opening filled with a crackling blue energy, swirling and pulsating. The room showed not a hint of warmth though despite the power of the gate, but was indeed icy cold. In front of the structure waited the rest of the intrepid explorers.
     
  18. Wolf

    Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    هناك
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    *Wolf stands before this great monument, with excitement and anticipation, but also fear for what deeper magic it could contain*

    I have seen such energies before, but they were not the same as these. Ones I have seen previously are said to be the spirits of wolves gone by, as faces and howls can still be seen and heard when they appear...but these seem to be the force of some other strength. For once I do not know whether to trust it or not, but what I do know is this: One or more of us must go forth through the gateway, for we would not have been lead to this place if it did not have a purpose for wolf and goblin kind. I volunteer, but do my kindred wish to do the same? Who knows what lies beyond this arch...
     
  19. HumanInfiltrator

    HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1,116
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    In hope
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    "Gladly do I volunteer myself. Perhaps we can test this gate. I will go through and then return, that should indicate the safety of using the gate.

    Not to be foreward Wolf, but should you, as Mauthair's voice, take this dangerous risk? If I may make a humble suggestion? Send us as your scouts, let us be as your eyes and ears, but do not take from the pack their leader without atleast some knowledge of what lies behind this gate. Also remember that where we can pass through so can others a watch should be mounted that requires a message to the others..

    If I have been to forward I appologize, I but live to serve, and if my understanding has been too limited forgive me and teach me the right path. I do not mean to insult thee for I trust that you can secure your own safety but I fear for the safety of the pack we leave behind if they have no one to guide them."

    *I hang my head, watching Wolf carefully under raised brows*
     
  20. Wolf

    Wolf Professor Nick Cutter.

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1,554
    Likes Received:
    41
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    هناك
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Most knowlegable Houldarian- you are wiser than I! My thoughts were bent on finding out what this gate holds, and so my presumptions of the consiquences were absesnt for a time. Maybe my desire to go foreward was so that others did not have to, but I understand your concern, and I thank you for having the heart to tell me. You need not hang your head, friend.

    But now my concern is set upon others...for I do fear for what that arch could or could not do...
     
Search tags for this page

bloueds