Brainstorming Session For New RP--Newbies Welcome

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Naomi Eboncloud, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    ahaha! excellent, ths Zanaerket seems a good place to put into my guys history.

Basically hes going to be a preist of some religious movement following the child, something like 'The church of the divine innocence' or something less corny. And in this day and age, faith has wained, slowly the church diminished, the clergy leaving and finally the building looted and burnt by bandits when he was the last one left.

So he has become a little too zealous, and in this day of darkness, he sees sin and evil in almost everyone, so has set out to 'cleanse' the world (in a pretty much 'repent or die' way). Being a very brutal warrior because of it he would be useful.

Also in his backstory im thinking as a young man he became lost on his travels in the cold northeast. Starved and feezsing in the mountains he throught he would die, but then he found his way to a 'land of empty halls' and endless beauty beneath the ice, where he found some old stores of vegatables and meat still fresh in the cold, he also found some warm clothing and was able to leave safely and return home. Ever since he knew he had been saved by the Child, and thus joined the church in order to live his life ins ervice, knwoing he was meant to do great things in the childs name as he was saved.
    This means a couple of things, one; he could be of use finding zanaerket, as this is obviously the place he found, two; his theory saying 'he was meant for great things' means he is likely to go on some crazy quest for the chest, especially so as he seeks the resurrection of the child, three; this 'miracle' is probably the only reason he did not succumb to the hate and fear that made his felloe clergy lose faith, thus he is steadfast against the woe that breeds in the hearts of the people.

2. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool. ^_^ I'm going to have one character at first, and bring in two later on, I think...but my first one is a rogue/slayer named Eris. She and her best friend Seifer slew Trikera's monsters for a living until Seifer fell into a coma and is slowly becoming a shade himself. Now she's searching for the Chest to bring him back before it's too late, but the thing is, she doesn't want to wish for the Child because she's not sure whether that will save Seifer or not. So she's caught in a dilemma because she has to choose between the life of her best friend and the well being of the world...muaha. I'll put up her bio in a bit.

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    right, ill write my profile later tonight then.

4. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I could be that Demon ? Someone else would have to be evil with me thou, so its not too boring for me to just RP all alone on the dark side. Or perhaps thats too difficult and I could just be another adventurer ?

5. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be great! I could always make a queen/lover character or loyal evil guard or something to be there with your king if you wanted. That is, if anyone else doesn't want to.

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well, my character is finished, i might make a few minor changes, some tatoos likely (and sybols of 'the child' that a religious person would use? or should i make one up). But any way, Im ready to start, so lets get this thing going, Pm nik to start it and write a nice long first post to start it off.

7. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My character, Eris, is up as well. ^_^ Let's get going! Um, it'll take me a bit, because I plan a pretty long post...hope that's alright...

This si going to sound stupid, but who's 'nik'?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  8. Aiyomi Firebrand

Aiyomi Firebrand New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The storyline looks very interesting so far! I'll try to add at least one character of mine.

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    nik - Nienor, mod of the RPG section, you need her to set up the forum subsection for each RPG.

(you'll note in all the RPG she actually makes the first post on behalf of the writer as she's got the specially mod powers to start it.)

10. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Oh, i better get crackin' and make my character. Is there anything I should know about this Demon King before I start playing him, Naomi ?

11. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, he rules a nation of humans, which cower in fearful respect of him. That's all I can think of, the rest of the blanks, you can fill in. ^_^

Thanks for the info Crusader! I'll have the PM to her ASAP.

12. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Well, this is what I have so far. I don't know any history of the world, such as where Demons come from, etc. So, if you could help me fill out his history, I'll be ready to go..

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hehe, i just added another entry to my character, he's currently compiling a religious book of his beliefs and practices, a lot of crazy blood curdling rants in there, bits ARE written in blood, just so you know. (the thing is, the only bits in blood are his list of sins punishable by death, so if do something thats not on his list that he needs to 'punish' he'll need some 'ink' and by his own rules, he has to get it from the sinner)

14. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I just got my guy up but I dont have any history for him.. any ideas?

15. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I got the same problem, Draconis, so don't ask me for help :D

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Dragon - wizard............:confused:..........Okaaaaaaay!

I wrote a lengthy history for mine, very generic stuff, no style to it, so dont take my advice for it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  17. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But he just started the whole wizarding thing! No attack spell right now, just general use spells... but I get the point, I'll drop the wizard thing from his profile.... Any way I will try to come up with some thing soon..

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, the idea of a big dragon character is a little odd in my opinion, even if he can assume a human form its still a bit over the top for me, and it depends if thats technically possible the the world of naomi's invention.

well, you know how sceptical i am about some ideas, after the fuss i kicked up about Jex and nanotechnology in RPG 4. I prefer characters who are more plausable, most of mine are humans usually with little or no magic to them (with a few minor exceptions). for example, just look at the LOTR rpg, where my character is a crazy half naked over 60 yr old, but for some reason, that works well and he's one of my favourites.

19. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    o_O;; I'm really sorry guys, it's final exams week here, and I'm almost done with the beginning post. It should be with Nienor by tonight.

Elan Morin Tedronai: Galathrist can have whatever histroy you'd like. But if you'd like a suggestion, maybe he can be known for all the people he killed int he wars following the death of the Child. To make it more interesting, you could say that he killed the original human king of Alexandria after gaining his trust. ^^

Draconis: Dragons are allowed! When the child fell, it was said that dragons disappeared from the world, but of course they haven't. It's just that no one actually sees them anymore, because they're either dead, dormant, or disguised. Although, now that things are getting riled up in the world, they may be starting to return. And dragons are of course very magical creatures, so it would make sense if he was a wizard...although, that may look like he's overdoing it. It's up to you. ^_^

Crusader: Can I draw Brother Adrian? *goofy smile* Please? Actually, this is a question for everybody. I would like to draw your characters! Pretty please? I've gotten alot better since the crappy avatar *points*, I swear. And I'll draw some scenery, such as Zanaerket and Alexandria, etc.

20. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me, any way off to give some info on the dragon... And go ahead and draw the guy.