Brainstorming Session For New RP--Newbies Welcome

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Naomi Eboncloud, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nienor just informed me that a few of the RPs in Elysium will be closing up soon, but there are new members who would like to get involved in something. Therefore, Nienor advised me that we should start brainstorming for another RP. Any suggestions?

2. Aiyomi Firebrand

Aiyomi Firebrand New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure of anything specific, but maybe we could make a new RP with a sort of Medieval theme. :)

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hehe, welcome newbies, I am crusader a TFF RP vet, though not a very good one. I thought I'd join this thread for the reason that i am a creative force behind half the current RPG's (A creative force, not THE creative force, i cant take all the credit).

RPG 3 is my own idea and i wrote the start, I thought up the concept for RPG 4 and ended up writing the first post coz everyone else was lazy, and during the brainstorming session for RPG 5 I came up with the basic concept.

So, well first off, medeival RPG is a standard, sure lets have one of those, mnedevial fantasy, magic and all, whatever you like. Brainstorming is basically about the plot, once the plot is set we build the world around it.

For fantasy RPG's theres a few generic plot schemas that are easy to use as a skeleton for an RPG:

1) Magical item, adventurers must embark on a quest in order to obtain a mystical item that was either stolen, lost or sought by enemies.
    2)Adventurers must battle an ancient and powerful evil force.
    3)Nations (or the forces of good and evil) are at war and it is up to a few brave souls to do something in order to turn the tide.

Naturally you can mix and match all you like or come up with something completely new. Its up to you.

4. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright, how about....the world Naelin is in an Age of Darkness in the reign of Trikera, an angry goddess of evil and chaos that wishes to slowly transform it into a planet hell. Nations are at war with each other, famine suffers all, and plague is almost everywhere. There is but one way to restore the balance and banish the goddess back into the depths of the Etherealms, and it is to find the Dark Chest of Wonders, an item which will grant any one wish unlimited to any person who may happen to find it. Therefore, it is the only thing that is able to resurrect the Child, the young goddess whose death dawned the Age of Darkness long ago. If she is alive, the Age of Light will come again, restoring peace in the world and getting rid of Trikera.

And time is running short. For there is a terrible disease washing across the face of Naelin, spread by a mysterious dragon created by Trikera who is made of neither flesh nor shade. It is causing the inhabitants of Naelin to become ghosts, their flesh wasting away into shade so that they are neither living nor dead.

But there is a problem. In this Age of Darkness, the innocent are dying, leaving the selfish and evil to walk the earth. An innocent wish will save the world. But if the Dark Chest falls into the wrong hands, then the world is doomed to an eternity of undeath. And that is if it can be found at all.

That's all I've got so far. ^^; It was originally a plot to a story, but it didn't turn out because I couldn't come up with the body of the story.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that sounds cool. If you all decide to start a new RPG, count me in. Good work Naomi.

6. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    me too, specially since it'll give me a chance to use me sorcerer character

7. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Coint me in! One question though, what races are there in that world? Elf, Dwarf, and so on.. Or can we make our own?

8. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, in my original story, there are indeed Elves, Dwarves, humans, sirens, demons, dragons and a number of races. So it wouldn't be a problem if we made up some more races, in fact, the more the better. I've made up a race as well, but the character I have of that race I haven't added to my profiles thread yet.

Meanwhile, I'll make a list of those joining so far.

Members (Updated 1/14/05)

I. R. Shogun
    Draconis
    Elan Morin Tedronai
    Naomi Eboncloud
    Crusader

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I like this idea a lot, Its given me an idea for a character, part of which may be slighty stolen from unraveller in RPG 5. Just a few comments though.

Okay the disease bit i like, the dragon spreading it I dont. What i think would be good is Trikea the evil goddess, as she gains power and begins to shift the world to her vision of hell and fury, the world itself is not only changed but the people too, hate and cruelty breed in the souls of the people and all turns to brutality and destruction (which encorporates the second paragraph about the innocent dying). All this hate and plague (always present during times of unrest in a medeival era) spreads so the innocent die and the evil live, like you want, this IS the terrible diease, and the negative emotions behind it are so strong that those who cannot fight to survive waste to nothing and become ghosts, who roam the world spreading the unrest that brought them death untill peace coems again.

most everything there is as the original, just in a more subtle way just without the dragon.

Just a question for my character. How long ago did the age of darkness begin? when did the child die that is?

10. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, if we went accroding to the beginning of my would have been book, it would have begun about roughly five hundred years ago. That might seem like a long while, but I wanted to make it so even the Elves, immortal, would feel the strain of evil on the world. If that even makes sense. ^^;;

And that is a very good idea, Crusader. I like it better than the dragon. But how about we compromise, and say that Trikera takes the physical form of a black, two headed dragon? I really haven't thought of a human form desription for her as of yet.

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    no need to compromise its your idea, trikera can be a dragon but you dont need my permission, i was just expressing my opinion. I just though a ghostly dragon spreading this disease wasnt my favourite bit, dragons are fine under any other context in my opinion.

12. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    well, most gods of evil in fantasy tend to appear in one of two forms when being humanoid, a horrid thing(lich, orc, giant firey knight) or a very beutiful being

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    meh, the definition of a god or godess is sketchy at best, omnipotence and omnipresence means a true form is hard to picture, obviously these gods will not be either as Trikera would have all her wishes at once and would be able to see and quash whatever efforts are made to get this chest of mystery.

But all in all, a lesser god as it would be should be able to come in any form it chooses, from two-headed dragons to fluffy bunnies.

14. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, Trikera is not in absolute power. It's actually what she is trying to achieve by slowly turning the world into that similar of life in her own plane. If anyone knows about Takhisis from Dragonlance, maybe it would make more sense.

As for her forms, I was merely saying that's what the general population of Naelin see her as. She could be something completely different, but they see her as one thing or another. As a deity of evil, she can come in many deceptive forms.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    exactly, makes perfect sense.

16. Draconis

Draconis Dragon Kin Mage

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, sounds good so far...

17. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alrighty then. Now I guess we should figure out which characters we're using, what part they're going to play, and how to start the RP. Anyone want to be evil? If not, I'll provide the evil main characters, along with Trikera.

18. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt mind being evil, thatd be pretty cool. Ill be an evil Elf Ranger. Hehe

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Right, well if you have anything you want certain in this RP world Naomi, you better say it before i write my character, cause i dont want to ruin anything you have already invisioned.

My character is not really good or evil, hes kinda crazy, from RPG 6 ive found that to be a good thing. But this guy is a psychopathic priest/monk, which in my opinion, is a winning combination.

20. Naomi Eboncloud

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, Crusader! ^_^ That is a winning combo. As long as there are no robots or futuristic type stuff...I've had bad experiences where people try and shove mechs, or whatever they call them, into LOTRish type RPs and actually get away with it...*shiver*

Other than that, I'm pretty much okay with anything. I have some towns and kingdoms laid out for general use, then we can expand and create stuff as we move along:

Zanaerket: Holy City of the Child, located within the Noreasterland Mountains in a valley called Artemis' Shadow. Once a teeming population, it lies buried beneath ice and snow in ruin. A great place of mystery and one of the many rumored locations of the Dark Chest of Wonders. However, no one has ever been able to make it there alive. Most inhabitants of Naelin believe it does not even exist.

Sharileth: Kingdom of the Elves. A xenophobic nation, the Elves there seldom leave their home to mingle with other races. Located in the warmer regions, it is always spring. It is one of the few Havens left in Naelin that have not been fully corrupted by Trikera's malignant power.

The Black Lands: A former nation where the final battle between Trikera and the Child took place over five hundred years ago. This is the one place where Trikera has full material control. Her lair is located within Fort Emergence, an old fortress where the world's greatest mages studied and practiced. Now, it is a ghost land of blackened dust. No one who values their lives goes there, so no one really knows what is there anymore.

Thorbadall: Kingdom of the dwarves, located within the Drelon Mountains in the west. With the death of the Child, they secluded themselves in the undermountain fortress to hide from Trikera and are rarely seen above ground.

Flowerhood: A quiet village among many other sparse villages in the River Valley. It is a peaceful place, but not untouched by the cruelty of Trikera. It provides an Inn for travelers to rest and eat.

Alexander: A nation to the east, run mostly by humans, but the king reigning is a demon. Known for their relentless quarrels and wars with the other nations, there is a rumor that they have succumbed and are worshipping Trikera, seeking out the Dark Chest for her.

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll draw out a map and keep adding as we go along. ^_^ Sorry, I really get into stuff like this.