Brain Fart

Discussion in 'Comments & Suggestions' started by Miriel, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    What about treasurer then? J/K :D

The spam can be fun at times. But it's in no way a main focus of the site, rather just a random by-product. Kinda like the lunchmeat it's named after. ;)

2. Miriel

Miriel My Preciousss

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol well I think spam titles would be nice and if Boomerang would be so nice as to give praise where praise is due that would rock

3. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am not going to give people titles for posting things not having anything to do with the site. If you feel like you should be praised for posting things not relating to the website you are sadly mistaken. I will not praise someone nor give them titles for posting things that have no relation to the website. Sorry it is not happening. I do not want to sound rude but I am not doing it.

4. Asgath

Asgath Heavy-metal dwarf

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If it isnt pointless crap, it isnt Spam

And u want praise for spamming? wanting praise for posting lots is bad enough (its not like you've done anything extremely special, just posting). Maybe if u help the website, get more people posting in other parts of the site more, WITHOUT spam, then u could get some praise. I do not see what the point of your obsession with spam titles and such is, but It isnt coming here.

5. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I refuse to give anyone credit for posting a lot in the spam area. Now if you are posting a lot and posting great items in the other areas and adding to intellectual conversations then I have no problems with praising you and personally thanking you and hooking you up with some nice things for doing so. If you only come here for the spam forum then why do you come here?

6. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Errr....for the spam forum....?;)

***puts his serious cap on***

Personally, I can see valid points on both sides.

I agree with Boom that it would be kind of pointless to have "titles" for posting spam, we all have signatures, and you can pretty much give yourself whatever title you want. If you really want to know where you stand in the posting ratings, click the "stats" link at the bottom of the page.

However, without intending to sound antagonistic, I do not agree that all of the posting that goes on the Spam Forum is actually spam. Yes, having three redundant "The person above you" threads is a little overkill, but let me say this:

Some people value learning about what their fellow forumites do for a living, what their interests are, what their lives are like, what makes them laugh, cry, get upset at, or whatever. That is the underlying purpose of many of the threads that have been relegated to the derogative of "spam". These threads allow us to "get to know you".

To some, this is just as important as debating the validity of global warming or your stand on abortion. If you truly wanted to have a debate about this, you could have a lively one at a great many "intellectual" sites. ie. Get a membership to MENSA like me. (However, their weapons board sucks).

We all originally came here for an interest in the various topics here, be it the weaponry (my favourite), the poetry, Harry Potter, what have you.

What keeps us coming back is that you know that you are coming to a place where you feel you are welcome, with people that you have developed a repore with, and have some laughs, some enjoyment, and in some ways an escape.

Which is what a "Fantasy" site is really about...isn't it?

***rips serious cap off like it was an itchy wool cardigan***

So there.......:p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  7. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I hear what you are saying skyanide. However, we originally created the spam forum to decrease the amount of spam going on in the boards. What you choose to talk about in there is your business. We do not support the spam forum in any way whatsoever and if this continues to be a problem we will just close it. Any kind of intellectual conversation being spoken about in there should be in the general area. And by intellectual I mean actual topics not hehe's and fan clubs, etc. Once again you should not be coming here just to come to the spam forums. We are here for other reasons besides that. I have said it many times before and I will continue to say it we do not condone the spam forum in any way. I am sorry but we do not. What you choose to do in there is your business and we do not have anything to do with it. Sorry but that is the way it is. If you are upset by this then I do not know what to tell you. I just wish you would post in other places and see all the better things this forum has to offer.

8. thehobbitelf

thehobbitelf Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well i think that Miriel Lote was just looking for a bit of fun and not trying to be rewarded for posting spam. I really dont think she was looking for any trouble or trying to start some big ole debate anything. My opinion, which i know none of you value, is that it would be fun to have titles in the spam section. If we have that section to be silly in, why not let us be silly?

9. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I cannot give you titles just for that section for the last time. And miriel trying to have fun? By posting this and starting a heated debate about? I do not think so THE. Not one bit. And the whole comment about how noone values your opinion was funny. Why did you post in here then if you think noone values your opinion. I have stated this before and I will again. I nor any admins here DO NOT SUPPORT THE SPAM FORUM ONE BIT. END OF CONVERSATION.

10. thehobbitelf

thehobbitelf Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how was my comment funny? i meant none of you administrators or whatever valued it. and i posted in here because i have an opinion and dont care who values it because i do and thats all that matters. and im pretty sure she wasnt meaning to start a heated debate. why dont you just close this thread, and im sure the discussion will be ended on this forum.

11. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    What the point of you posting in it if noone values your opinion? Why did you post in it in the first place? I was pretty sure this thread was done and over after my last post before yours. If you really want to argue about this we can but you won't win. I have stated the wishes of the admins and others here and that is the end of it.

12. thehobbitelf

thehobbitelf Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oooooooook! If you would have payed attention i said i mean no one as in the adminstrators and i posted in the first place because i HAVE an opinion.

13. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    And the thread was dead. That is enough. So stop posting in it.