Boston Marathon Bombing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crouton, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So we've most likely all been hearing heaps about this on the news for the past for days. And it seems like everyone on the internet right now is trying to solve the case themselves or come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories about it. I don't have any conspiracy theories or anything but the more I read about it the weirder this attack seems to get.

Those bombs weren't big. Even the buildings directly behind them were mostly undamaged and only a few windows shattered. They weren't big yet they had a really specific purpose. Filled with all sorts of shrapnel the explosions shot the shrapnel out at about leg height, basically mauling and destroying hundreds of peoples legs and some other limbs.

So somebody picked one of America's biggest sporting events. An event about health, fitness, sports etc, and chose a bomb that deliberately damages peoples legs and their ability to ever run and compete in sports again. It's such a weirdly specific attack.

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    From what I can tell from the reports it sounds more like a small possibly even one person attack as opposed to an organised terrorist strike by one of the more organised and active groups. There's been no "this is mine" claim (which the main groups tend to do because they want the attention) and the bombs are, as you said, quite modest considering what they could have been - which suggests someone with less bomb building skills/equipment (which warms toward a smaller scale setup and possible even just a loan bomber).

I've seen a few of the images floating around where people try to eyeball random "he did it" from the images that are circulating; but honestly I doubt if any of them are correct and its mostly just the internet being - the internet (though of course its always possible).

It's terrible thing whatever the reason though and I wish all those injured all the best with recovery (and my thoughts go out to those who have lost loved ones from the bombs). I also hope that this doesn't spark another wave of terrorist madness; sadly as much as we wish we could you simply can't always stop loan or very small groups carrying out these kinds of attack; at least not without losing all that we hold important with regard to being able to live our lives without the state/government breathing down our necks (even then that mostly only keeps the honest honest - those few die-hard who go that far will likely still find ways around any amount of observation).

3. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All I know is, that... Im happy for the time being, and I also think that people really like to frekk with your head ;)

4. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
  5. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    I bet it's again work of some religious fanatics...

6. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean again? Nothing has been confirmed yet about who planted the bombs in Boston. It might not have anything to do with religion at all. And as far as this Texas explosion goes so far there is still not much information, but it looks like it could have been a fire started by some sort of chemical reaction. It was a fertilizer plant after all.

7. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2

I WAS talking about Boston.. and by again I mean h well... again :) just like 9.11 and stuff like that. The Texas thing is clearly an accident... BUt as far as Boston goes, I'm somehow sure it's middle east again...

8. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Ah okay. Well the Texas thing is still unsure as well. It could have been a chemical fire or a deliberately lit fire that triggered the explosions. As for Boston I personally think it's more likely to be home grown terrorism than anyone from the middle east.

9. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    i'm not so sure.
    i think this is domestic

10. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
  11. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Most all of our terrorist attacks here have been by homegrown anti-government types, and that's going back decades.

Boston is a very symbolic place for us Yanks, it's where the revolution against Mother England took flight... that's why some of us are pretty certain that this attack isn't religious in nature. And I do believe they'll catch whomever is responsible, and they'll do it quickly.

12. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
  13. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The suspects are from Russia. I thought you said you were sure it was the Middle East.

14. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    but muslims....

15. Crouton

Crouton New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I guess. It's quite interesting watching all this unfold. One is dead the other is still on the run.

16. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
Search tags for this page

boston marathon bombing forum