Boromir's Sword Petition

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by swordsman, Sep 5, 2003.

1. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Boromir's Sword Petition

I just goat an e-mail from a fan asking if a Petition would help. Answer, Hech Yea! I am posting the e-mail and asking you fans to voice your opinions too! We know United cutlery visits here often, so lets get this petition going and let them know what we think about Boromir's Sword!

FAN MAIL

"Wow. I can not relate how excited I am about the possibility of the release of this sword. It is by far my favorite of the LOTR swords and the one I am most looking forward to.

My question is this: is there anything we, the fans, can do to stress how great the demand is for this sword? I know that forums across the net are rife with calls for this blade to be reproduced, much more so than the Rohan blades. Would an online petition be at all persuasive to UC to perhaps up the scheduled reproduction of this sword? A long shot I know, but I'm positive that a great deal of fans would prefer to see this sword than many of the others that are being reproduced."

Thank you for your time,
    Jeremy

2. stricker

stricker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Boromir's sword is a must have. I'm very excited for the possibility of this sword being made and can't stress enough how many people crave it. It's easily one of my favorite swords from the movies and UC, you guys should definately make it asap. I'll take a wild stab and say it would be one of the top 3 sellers of the collection, based on what I've heard from everyone. And you can count on my purchase!

stricker

3. Gavaha

Gavaha Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No doubt in my mind, this sword should be made! its one of the best lotr swords!! I say make it, this sword would be a great sword, and just about everyone wants it, I sure do!

4. Ranger_001

Ranger_001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    G'day sword lovers!

Swordsman asked me to visit the forums and let everyone know that he didn't make this up.:D I sent an email about a petition not only because of my own desire to own a reproduction of this beautiful blade, but also to get it out there how lusted after this sword really is.

I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how the responce has been here, but in other forums, chatrooms, and a local swordshop no less the subject is getting heated! People are actually surprised that it hasn't allready been produced. The owner of the local swordshop has told me that customers repeatedly request this sword specifically and are a bit consternated about it's non-existance.

In a recent magazine interview, Kit Rae mentioned how demand for the Rohan swords, though beautiful in their own right, was devided. The demand for Boromir's sword is not, I assure you!

So sword lovers and Boromir fans unite!:draught: Let UC know how much we would like to see this sword made. Believe me, dealers listen to their customers and I'm told that Kit Rae occasionally visits this site. Perhaps, just mabye, if enough of us make ourselves heard we might see this sword made.

Ranger_001

5. Deepwood Sniper

Deepwood Sniper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with everyone as far as Boromir's sword should be made, there is no one who fought harder in FotR than he did.

I also believe that there should be a petition for Haldir's sword to be made, most people I have talked to like it even better than Hadhafang and the EWS.

6. NCO MOS18B

NCO MOS18B Better than you.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd definately buy Boromir's sword, no question. Easily the coolest good-guy sword in the movie (well, a toss-up between it and Glamdring), and Boromir is doubtless the coolest character as well. I especially like this sword more than any of the Rohan ones.

7. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This sword needs to be a new priority.
    It's the only major Fellowship sword that has not been made.

8. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I almost said that was not so, but you said the magic word "major". Because United, or kit I should say, said that United was considering going back after all the releases they intend to do were done and out, to go back and do all the fellwoship weapons. Including Merry & and Pippin's. And possibly the morgal blade. That would be sweet!

9. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the morgul blade would be great too.
    I'll upload a picture of each that I found on the internet a while back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  10. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Definatley Swordsman. Morgul dagger would be sweet! I would love Boromirs sword. I left a big open spot on my wall for it. Right inbetween Ranger and Glamdring. We need some Gondorian swords. I want to see Faramirs sword too, but I don't want to push my luck. If anything please give us the morgul blade and boromirs. It is totally unique and special from the other swords.

11. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And the morgul blade.

Attached Files:

12. The_phatmasster

The_phatmasster New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All I can say is they had better make it...:mad: I've got every other one they released so far and was very disapointed to see they passed right by and moved onto 2 towers weapons. I do think they will make it eventually, but hopefully its sooner rather then later.

13. Aramir

Aramir Ranger of the North

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive never been a big fan of the sword myself, but ever since i started using this board theres been a HIGH demand for it, i think UC made a mistake not creating this sword earlier, its obvious it would be a big seller, DO YA HEAR US UC! :p

14. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I might buy it if it's released, but it's not too close to the top of my list. Kit! Get your bum over to these forums and see this! :)

15. Celestialy

Celestialy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I would buy it myself, really not in my top list. But as far I can see, most people want to see it made so as an act of solidarity lol I say :
    Kit! Make this sword as fast as possible! (that's mean for me, make it after the ROTK swords)

16. David S

David S New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im planning on having one custom made for me, i cant wait! lol of course mine will be 1075 high carbon steel...... also im getting the grip done in black rayskin

17. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'd still buy UC's Boromir sword, but right now I'm in the process of getting the Factory X/Windlass Dracula sword customized to look like his.

I just found someone over at SwordForum who is going to fashion a pommel for me, but I still have to find someone around here to remove the old pommel and thread it for me so the new pommel can be screwed on.

18. SirTristram

SirTristram New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can only echo what hads been said...

This should be made. Period.
    Boromir was part of the Fellowship and is a cult character....Loved by many!

I will go one step further and BEG for not only his Sword to be made, but his SHIELD!!!!!

His Sword and Shield were integral in the Mines of Moria! And I love the simplicity of both of them!

BEGGING NOW........

P L E A S E -
    Boromir's SWORD and SHIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. stricker

stricker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am totally with you! HIs shield is the only one of the fellowship and it's so awesome for being so simple. I'd love to see this made! BUT I can take it one step further and BEG that it be made full scale. The whole 1/3-1/2 scale just doesn't work for me at all, as it's the same with a majority of other UC buyers. PLEASE UC MAKE BOROMIRS'S SWORD AND FULL SCALE SHIELD!

20. Miriel

Miriel My Preciousss

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I for one don't think it would be fair if they made the sword without the horn. Not that this has anything to do with Boromir's sword I just think that if the people from BBB came here and looked at this, I want them to know that if the great horn of Boromir was made, I'd definately buy it. I think his sword is awesome too.