Bleach; Anime

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Society' started by Adina, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Read online sucks though, since you can't zoom. Take onemanga.com for example. It's mostly pretty ok, but the page is not as large, and on small text or double pages, it's really hard to read.

I usually download at 320kbps+ so it's not a problem of bandwidth. Plus, FTP has such a hassle layout and you gotta search different ftp servs for different manga's. The channel I go to has literally all the good scanlated manga's. Not to mention on IRC you can get it the second it's scanlated, unlike websites which they do after, since they add manga's to bot's before website. Not to mention you also get info from the scanlators themselves and stuff concering extra pages and stuff like that.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If you cant zoom then use another browser lol.. about the quality of scanlations, well.. its the same scanlations.. different groups make different scans but thats why you have the choice in some sites to download the one you want. If you know sites which have a huge manga database, then you dont have to search in different places. You just type the name of the desired manga in search bar and click on the SEARCH button or just look by alphabet order. All the manga I have read was downloaded directly from those few specific sites and I have no complains at all. Actually, I have nothing against IRC, maybe new chapters really come up faster in there, yet again.. I prefer to download the same thing from a site rather than using a third party program.

3. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I can zoom, but the quality is reduced when you zoom...surely you can understand that, browser type has nothing to do with it. IRC channel bots listings also provide different manga from different scanlation groups, but usually they just list the best quality one's.

IRC is the easiest way to find thing for me, and I've tried doing it several ways for many years. Nearly all manga's are on IRC, and that just means one place. Not to mention IRC also provides many licensed manga's without having to say "hey I own this url and I'm actively uploading licensed manga so I can get sued or it taken down".

Huge manga databases on websites and such are still lacking, and they too likely to be found and taken out. IRC has every manga you can think about. I don't think its an exaggeration when I say that.

4. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Anytime you zoom, it reduces the quality of the image.. so basically whenever you have something that is written in a very small letter size, you have to zoom in. So.. its unavoidable, unless you wish to skip it. Of course the higher the quality of the scan the higher the quality even when you zoom.. but again, thats all different scanlations. I believe you about IRC, you dont have to prove me anything :) I am just trying to explain that there is a handful of sites that have an enormous amount of manga which you can directly download at a very high speed at a very good quality.. you dont have to search or open tons of new pages.. you simply click on the desired manga and download it. Every day people upload or the site administrators update new chapters and new mangas. Those sites exist for quite some time now.. perhaps due to people who donate so they could uphold the servers, I highly doubt that they will get closed anytime in the near future. About the illegal thing, I think they dont give a **** about it.. noone is going to do anything about it because the whole internet is one big universe of piracy.

5. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Anyone still watching Bleach? I'm on episode 232 and I gotta say this filler arc isn't so bad...I actually don't mind watching it. I think it's because the concept is interesting whereas all the other fillers had no real meaning to them (ie. the Bounto Arc) Well, just wondering :D I'm not going to put in any spoilers if no one else has been keeping up with it....

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Still reading it. Personally I think it has become quite crap and lost the charm is has, i.e. random humour, Ichigo's father and some other things.

It's now just DBZ with swords.

7. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm still reading it too (but for some reason it doesn't have an update for this week), and I agree it seems to have become a lot more "serious" but even so it wouldn't have hurt to thrown in a couple random funny moments to break up the tension (for lack of a better word)

LOL, DBZ with swords? I can see were you get that...there's even that powering up sequence that they go through...soon they will be saying....it's over 9000! lol

But have you seen the recent fillers?