best weapon in a battle?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Greyjoy, Feb 25, 2005.

?

which weapon

1. a short handed blade

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. an axe

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. a bow and arrows

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. spear

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. an iron maiden

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. samurai sword

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. daggers

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. helmet with sharp point on it and shield with also a sharp point on it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Yeah but this is a "battle" not a "fight". I see the difference as being a battle has several enemies, whereas a fight is one on one. So in a fight, a crossbow would work fine. But in a battle, you're screwed with such a low rate of fire. Once your opposing force gets up close, you're dead meat.

I'm still voting for sword and shield. Simultaneous attack and defense. Gotta love it.

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I suppose the sword and shield is most versatile offering protection aswell as the opportunity to attack. Yet I suppose a guy's weapons depends on what type of person he is. The madmen in a fight who acts as tanks would most likely use a warhammer or twin axes, I don't think they'd be very proficient with using a sword and shield, their temprement wouldn't really allow it, well atleast that's what I believe.

3. Forgotten Realms

Forgotten Realms Human Version of Drizzt

Emerged from the Underdark into the Light
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you on Ninjutsu but sometimes also is called Ninpo, consisting of nine different ryus. From the most ancient one brought over by the Chinese to the Traditional ones. There are no real modern ryus but some of the old modernised and adapted as well as mixed into improvisations of various styles.

Would you agree on a Ninja-sword called Bokken?
    EDIT: You gonna slay me for molesting you with a training sword. A Ninja-to, I meant. Sorry.

Back to the topic: As for my choice I would have liked to vote for two but there is only the option for one. I would chose dagger and sword. Probably sounds funny chosing two weapons but there is one thing I remember when I started off training more than two decades ago.
    Well, our trainer said: What you are right-hander? What would you do when I would come with my sword cutting your right hand? Would you do nothing except dying because of being helpless?
    So, I know it is better to be as good with the left as with the right to use either both or one of the two.

So, I would use the left a dagger, the right a sword.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. RangerKellen

RangerKellen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Easy.
    If I had to pick one of those weapons to be in a fight with it's a bow and arrow.

5. Foxface Fan

Foxface Fan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    daggers

I would rather have something I can use up close