Best Action Sequences?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Padmé, Jun 15, 2007.

?

Favourite Action Sequences?

1. Ep I: Droid Ship Escape/ Arrival on Naboo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ep I: Bongo Chase Scene through planet core of Naboo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ep I: Boonta Eve Pod Race

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Ep I: Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul (Tatooine)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ep I: Gungans vs Droid Army

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Ep I: Obi-Wan/ Qui-Gon/ Darth Maul fight

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. Ep II: Chase through Coruscant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ep II: Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett (Kamino)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. Ep II: Asteroid Chase to Geonosis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Ep II: Droid Factory

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Ep II: Arena Battle/ Battle of Geonosis

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  12. Ep II: Anakin/ Obi-Wan/ Dooku fight

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Ep II: Dooku vs Yoda

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  14. Ep III: Battle of Coruscant/ Rescue of Palpatine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Ep III: Anakin/ Obi-Wan/ Dooku fight and "Happy Landing"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Ep III: Obi-Wan vs Grievous

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Ep III: Mace vs Darth Sidious/ Anakin's Betrayal

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  18. Ep III: Order 66

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  19. Ep III: Anakin vs Obi-Wan on Mustafar

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  20. Ep III: Yoda vs Darth Sidious

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  21. Ep IV: Attack on Tantive IV/ Capture of the Princess

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  22. Ep IV: Rescuing the Princess/ Trash Compactor in The Death Star

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  23. Ep IV: Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader/ Escape from The Death Star

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  24. Ep IV: Battle of Yavin/ Death Star Attack

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  25. Ep V: Battle of Hoth/ Attack of the Rebel Base

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  26. Ep V; Asteroid Chase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. Ep V: Luke vs Darth Vader on Cloud City

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  28. Ep V: Escape from Cloud City/ Rescuing Luke

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  29. Ep VI: Jabba's Sail barge/ Escaping the Sarlacc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  30. Ep VI: Speeder Bike chase through Endor

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  31. Ep VI: Battle of Endor (Ground Attack)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  32. Ep VI: Battle of Endor (Space Attack)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  33. Ep VI: Luke vs Darth Vader/ Death of Palpatine

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  34. Other, please specify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Okay, going to list loads of action scenes from all the movies, try to pick at least 3 and explain what they are, and what you like best about them :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Okay, from the beginning, I voted for:

Boonta Even Pod Race - The race is just amazing, visually and in action it's one of the best chase scenes ever made! Next to the speeder chase in Ep VI.

Order 66 - There isn't much action but the scene has so much value and emotion, I just had to choose it. It was one of the most important moments in the whole saga.

Anakin vs Obi-Wan on Mustafar - One of the best if not the best lightsaber fight ever made. Visually it's breathtaking and the moves are just spectacular! This was infact the only lightsaber fight that didn't look so staged. This looked like a real fight.

Battle of Yavin/ Death Star Attack - This action scene is in my opinion.... Legendary! This scene made history in moviemaking.

Luke vs Darth Vader on Cloud City - This wasnt one of the best lightsaber fights but to see father and son fighting was just amazing. And emotionally very meaningful.

Battle of Endor Space Battle - I still admire this scene cause visually it is one of the most spectacular space battles Ive ever seen, without the use of CGI as we know it today. Simply amazing.

3. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Okay, here goes nothing.

Boonta Eve Pod Race - It's just breathtaking. As a fan of F1 Racing, this was the business for me! It was so unique in itself and yet still so Star Warsy, just loved it!

Obi-Wan/ Qui-Gon/ Darth Maul fight - Fantastic. Love Maul, sad that he had to go so soon, but better than doing it to death at least! Stays original and new. But the death of Qui-Gon gets me every time, because you know the ramifications of it in later years.

Arena Battle/ Battle of Geonosis - The Arena was fantastic, very original in it's idea and also reminisant of old hollywood movies, reminded me of some of the old Sinbad movies lol Later in it, with the arrival of the Jedi, and finally getting to see an 'army' of Jedi fight an enemy, was amazing! Couldn't get enough of it.

Dooku vs Yoda - Never before nor since have I witnessed the reaction and complete meltdown of an audience as when I first watched this scene on the first release day of Episode II. To finally see Yoda kick some butt was just brilliant! And was in no way disappointing! And well worth the wait to see!

Mace vs Sidious/ Anakin's Betrayal - There is just so much going on in this scene isn't there. You know how it's going to end from the moment it begins but there is nothing taken away from knowing that. Watching this tragic (and downright cool) event unfold was a sight to behold!

Order 66 - I still can't watch this scene without getting teary eyed, but it's the music that mainly gets me! Was one of the scenes we were always waiting to see, the downfall of the Jedi Knights. Tragic and fantastic :D

Anakin vs Obi-Wan on Mustafar - This is THE fight of the saga. The one we always speculated and wondered about as kids. How Obi-Wan and Anakin fell out, how the battle occured, how Anakin got into the suit. And it's all explained here, and it delivers with bonuses!

Yoda vs Sidious - The ultimate battle between good and evil at the heart of the Senate. So much symbolisms and metaphors popping around in that scene and I can't get enough of it!

Obi-Wan vs Vader/ Escaping the Death Star - Always loved this sequence but it has more meaning now than it ever did due to the fact that we now know the history and the backstory to everything. Poor Obi :(

Battle of Yavin/ Death Star Attack - What can I say, it's a classic. Will always have a special place in my heart forever!

Luke vs Darth Vader on Cloud City - When I first saw this as a little girl, not knowing Vader was Luke's father unlike the rest of the planet, I was gobsmacked. Just loved it. Amazingly depressing and thrilling, but I love every second of it.

Luke vs Darth Vader/ Death of Palpatine - Was such a tragic thing to watch, and more thrilling perhaps than the previous battle between father and son. Seeing Luke using the Dark Side, him defeating Vader, the return of Anakin Skywalker...... Beautiful!

4. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ep IV: Attack on Tantive IV/ Capture of the Princess

I was there in 1977 when this hit the screen for the first time, enough said?

Ep II: Dooku vs Yoda

A scene I suspected would somehow not come off, but did. Seeing that little green guy go berserk on Dooku was the highlight of that film.

Ep II: Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett (Kamino)

Ill probably be the only one to vote this one, but I do cause it was one of the more believable fights. So many seemed over the top, or the acting just didnt do justice to the character. But here, A bounty hunter holds his own against a Jedi. I like a little humility on the screen.

5. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Darth Maul fight: One of my favourite fights ever. Maul's skills are bloody impressive, I love his fighting style.

Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett (Kamino): Hehe, just can't get enough of these guys. Quite an unspectacular fight, compared to all these lightsaber duels, but Jango showing that he's the deadliest guy in the galaxy... awesomocolypse. :p

Arena Battle/Battle of Geonosis: Probably my favourite battle in the prequels. Seeing the Jedi actually fight a battle, PLUS the clones first seen in action - amazing!

Order 66: So tragic. One of the very few scenes (of all the films I've ever seen) that could possibly ever make me cry. John Williams did quite a good job here!!

Anakin vs Obi-Wan on Mustafar: I don't have to explain this one, do I?

Battle of Hoth/Attack of the Rebel Base: The Rebel Alliance getting pwnt by the Empire, how could I not like this one? :D

Luke vs Darth Vader on Cloud City: A classic. Everytime I watch this scene I'm just waiting for the part when Vader reveals that he's Luke's father. Gives me the goose bumps every time I hear the "I am your father".

6. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Space battle of Endor. Still an awesome piece of action filming and special effects using physical props.

7. senger de vlos

senger de vlos Crimson Life Love it!!!!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have to say that any of the scenes are great it is really hard to make a choice. But for shear quickness and drama as well as how well it plays in to the other movies Th scene between Ani and Obi on Mustafar is one of my all time favorites. Don't get me wrong I love my Star War movies and i will never let them get hurt. I even tuck them in at night.

I have to say there are some really good action scenes in the books and you should really look in to them.

Darth_Rageaholic