Beginning of life - from outer space?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by clouded_perception, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Lady Cyllíeth

Lady Cyllíeth WillExplodeUnderPressure

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Re: Beginning of life

Your God said it ;)

Gen 1:6-8
    6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

(btw, I know a lot creationists who believe that water bubble thing :S)

2. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I asked you first:))

Untill now, on i think 3 threads evolutionists/atheists brought evindece to support their views again and again....and still wasn't enough. Now i ask you....no, i dare you to provide some evidence that god exists and he created the universe (allthough nobody will do that....again).

Oh, and if god exists, why wasn't that proven by science? We discovered more exotic stuff like antimatter, there is a theory about dark matter, about multiple universe....but yet nobody discovered a force/chemical element/something that we can say about: "yup, now we know that god exists"

As Lewis Black said, i had to remind myself to breath. Can you tell me where have you red this? Cuz dayum

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  3. DeadBoromir

DeadBoromir REAL AMERICAN PIZZA!

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0

I have a explanation for the "Beginning of life"

Yes, there was a Big Bang. But before one of the sacred rings got activated! :D

Maybe the humans have been the Forerunners before that happened.

And now we have to try again...

If you want to know what I mean, just klick on that link and read " Forerunners and humans?" (easier to understand for people who have played Halo)

EDIT: oops, forgot the link: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Forerunners

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  4. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

yeh, those are all theories, not proven facts. and i said i couldnt prove it. if you so good with science, you prove to me he isnt real.

5. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Dodging the answer again, are we? Allrighty then, please post some theories to prove your side of the story

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

how can you prove something doesn't exist? That is insanity...It's the same as me asking if the Balrog doesn't exist...you only can say it came from a book of fiction...well I can say the same about God...the burden of proof does not rest on my shoulder or any one else who does not believe in God, we have our eyes open and we believe in science, logic, knowledge. Not mystical fairytales that make us feel better about ourselves, and make us less scared because of fear of the unknown. God helps people sleep better at night, so they can pray to him so they can put all life's burdens on him to help them cope...that is the purpose of God and religion in general.

7. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Jendra, the blob of water idea is the foundation of basic creationism, its acknowledged by every creationist I know and have studied.

You even find that hard to believe, but its not much different from your idea that there was a mass amount of water in the earth to rise up split the continents and flood the earth...thats just as...its just unbelievable.
    To follow that then what is your excuse for the CONTINUAL separation of the continents, its not water flowing up its lava pouring up through tectonic plates...that we know for sure.

8. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

He's so good with science, in fact, that he at least comprehends scientific process.

According to the scientific process, those are not theories. They are ASSERTIONS. When you begin collecting evidence, they become hypotheses, in honour of the fact that you have shown that they are testable. Until you have a hypothesis, it is not worthy of any scientific attention whatsoever. To put it simply: the burden of proof at this point is entirely, 100% yours, to show that it's even worthy of consideration.

Jendra: you say that we're biased against you and won't accept your evidence. You haven't given any. Off the top of my head I know that you, personally, have come up with "a scientist friend of mine says that fossils can form quickly under intense pressure". This means nothing. It may, possibly, have the potential to become a valid argument if:
    -You would explain it.
    -You would properly cite your source. Ask your scientist friend.
    -You would address the issue of varying ages of the fossils, eg show that they could potentially be the same age.
    -You would show that the expectation that they are different ages is unreasonable or that all the other evidence supporting evolution is false.

Nothing else you have said has even this tiny, miniscule amount of potential. But until you can honour at least the three first dot-points above, you don't even have an argument. We have given plenty of evidence. You have called logical conjecture based on the fossil record 'shaky', without explanation of why you find the fossil record untrustworthy (your above statement isn't an argument or explanation as I have already said). You have totally ignored my link to the bacterium experiments showing evolution in action, which I posted twice (if this is because you don't understand them then I forgive you). You have given no evidence against evolution, none, and you fob our evidence off with unexplained claims of bias. You have shown your own incomprehension of the science you're trying to debate against, most notably with your claim that a scientist told you that evolution disobeys the laws of thermodynamics (if you have a VALID argument on this point, please MAKE IT for once). A scientist telling you something does not automatically make it true. If it did you would accept evolution without question. The fact that you either didn't understand this argument or didn't bother to validate it makes me unwilling to accept any of your vague statements (even more unwilling than I would usually be) without proper explanation and citation where appropriate.

YOU HAVE MADE NO ARGUMENTS. If I were a suspicious person, I would suspect that the current word-dodging is a stalling technique in the hope that you don't have to admit that you have no arguments. This may or may not be the case, but either way can we get to the bit where a non-evolutionist presents some evidence?

9. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

What it seems to me, and I do hope this doesnt sound too mean, is that all you are doing Jendra is taking what you have heard other creationist say and, for lack of a better word, regurgitate it to us.
    Have you even been shown this evidence that you claim exists?

10. Dwimmerlaik

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

i never said i could prove it, i just asked you to since science is all about proving stuff.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

yeah but they can't explain fairy tales (just an example), science cannot prove that something does not exist, cause the question is just ridiculous, with all respect for believers who have logic sense that this is not something that science can prove, all science can do, is that it was not God, but something else, but I'm afraid it's going to be a long way from now until that happens.

12. Dwimmerlaik

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

i know you guys cant prove it, and i cant either. someday we will all know for sure.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

Science at least has a wider view than just saying "it was God", no offense...no science has more theories and the point is exploring it...with lots of believers, I'm not saying all of them, they pretend they already know the answer, and that is just arrogant.

14. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

Dwimmerlaik, I have posted extensive information on the scientific process and won't bore everyone by typing it out again since you most likely won't read it anyway if you didn't read the original explanations.

It's not his job to 'prove' anything. It's yours.

15. Dwimmerlaik

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

why is it mine? i never said i could prove it. science is so found of proving hypothesis's right, that you should prove me wrong.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

that is just the burden of proof...If you are stating something is there...you have to have back up for it...otherwise keep your mouth shut and dont go circling around about something you have no evidence of of existance. If you provide an idea, in this case God...you'll have to have evidence so that it can become a theory...otherwise you'll never get to the point that God becomes a fact...and trust me it never will...

But to those I respect in their believes...I just ask to you, does God need to be fact? Aren't Jesus teaching alone not enough for you that he is there...well I don't stand in your way to think so...

17. Dwimmerlaik

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

anakin, all my reasons of proof, you'll come up with some brain chemical crap so there is no point in stating them.

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

but its not crap lol...its science and evidence...

19. Dwimmerlaik

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

okay its not feces, but you get my point?

you'll come up with some scientific thing to say that its not proof.

20. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Wow, and I do mean Wow!

So...yeah...

The whole purpose of a debate is to do what Anakin does, if it bothers you for people to try to disprove or come up with other ways to explain things, then why are you here in a DEBATE forum that questions those very things?
    It makes no sense to me why someone who is as sensitive as you about their beliefs that they can not stand for someone else to come up with another explanation, would enter this debate.
    As I said to Jendra, if all you can do is put up your opinion then do so, but by no means should you demand others to prove this and disprove that when you bring absolute nothing to the table.
    The scientific evidence to support beginning of life have been brought forth, as well as for evolution in the other thread, but you come in and deny it....with nothing to back you up.