Battle of the Pelennor

Discussion in 'Movies' started by BlueSock12587, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'd like to see Imrahil at least. But there will be so much going on that I don't know how they'll get to everything. The reality is that they won't I guess. :(

But hey, I'm not sad! I'll take what I can get, which certainly seem like a lot.

2. elvenarcherinarms

elvenarcherinarms Fellow Archr of Mirkwood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I've the trailer alright.. and I know about those shots alreddy. What I'm saying is this is the outlook after teh Battle of the Pelennor right. These shots give you a rough idea of how the two sides fared and the masses for the Black Gate conflict..

3. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yes but Imrahil seems out of the question for me now:(

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone have any idea what Legolas is planning to do while climbing that Oliphaunt? Is he going to A) cut the ropes that hold the big passenger basket so it falls off, or is he B) going to do something like stab it in the eye? He looks to only be holding one of his normal fighting knives, and they're only 50cm long. Enough to cut ropes or poke out an eye but not enough to penetrate Oliphaunt hide or bone I'd think?

5. HELM_HAMMERHAND

HELM_HAMMERHAND New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont know, but whatever this movie does with charactars and other elements of the book, i'll still love it. Im so glad that someone has finally made these wonderful books into movies.

6. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay guys here comes my two cents, first Imrahil is in the movie, why do I think so you ask? Watch the trailer again you will see a man on horseback wearing the helm of Elendil, with men dressed in Gondorian style armor riding behind him. Now who wears the helm of Elendil, there ya go. Also I'm a little confused it looks to me like that scene of Aragorn's stirring speech is in front of the Black Gate and therefore we will see the Black Fleet land at the Pellenor, at least that's my two cents...

7. evkl

evkl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A lot of groups of Men marched to Minas Tirith prior to Pelannor. They don't NEED to be introduced. All you need to see is group after group marching into the city. And then get a dinner scene where there are introductions.

"And those are _____, from ____....those are ____ from _____, " and so on, to whomever they want to include.