Batman Begins

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Mar 23, 2005.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    In aticipation of the June 17th release the new Batman website just came online. It has screenshots and general information about the production.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/batmanbegins/index.html

iesb.net

2. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    . . . The bat mobile at its crapiest. At least IMO. Yeah, I'm sure people are sick of hearing that too. Other than that I have good hopes for the film and I can't wait. Did anyone catch Christian in the machinist?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  3. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of Christian Bale as batman because I always viewed Batman as a dark, eerie character. That's why I liked michael keaton the best because he was kinda weird and I think that Mr. Bale is also reallys strange and I have enjoyed his performances in othe movies so I have some good expectations for him as batman.

4. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    It looks good, as far as I've seen (couldn't check out the link). I'm most likely going to see it. :)

5. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    W00t!! Great movie!!

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    yeah, me and Tori just saw it, we really enjoyed the movie...well about the batmobile...looks like crap, but at least it didn't have hundreds of gadgets and such and it was really impressive with the stujnts...best batmobile is still the one of the first tho in looks.

7. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've seen the original car from the 89 film. But at least this one looks real.

8. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Top notch. The way these movies should be made. Ill be seeing it again for sure.

9. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Great movie. Loved it. Ill be seeing it again too.

10. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    "Batman Begins" producer Charles Roven told Sci-Fi Wire this past weekend that the returning cast is signed on for a sequel, the script is in the works, new cast members are being discussed and the only delay is an OK by director Christopher Nolan.

"We all hope there is going to be another one, we're waiting for Chris Nolan to declare himself. We will do it after he does that" says Roven. The producer stated that it would be possible to proceed with another Batman movie without Nolan, but added that he would prefer Nolan to do another one.

He also confirms that at present Bale, Caine, Holmes and Oldman have signed on, but added that it's WAY too early to talk about new cast members for the as-yet-untitled next Bat film.

darkhorizons

“We don't have any direction yet on what the next Batman would be because we're still waiting on Chris [Nolan, Batman Begins director] to really make a firm commitment that he's going to do it, and we think he's going to, but he hasn't done it yet,” Roven says, stowing all the rumors back in the Batcave for the time being. “He's ultimately gonna guide the direction of that material and make the decision about what the next thing's gonna be. The fact of the matter is, notwithstanding all the chatter, there has been no decision made on anything.”

chud

11. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    That's interesting about resigning Katie Holmes after the Tom Cruise related dummy spit when they said they were going to replace her. Maybe they're just planning to kill her off?

Let's hope Nolan signs back on, he did an awesome job and it's so important to keep the cast and crew together on big projects like this.

12. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but let's face it. Katie Holmes' character was hardly required for the movie, and we wouldn't be loosing anything for her to hit the road.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    yeah but I don't want batman to be a playboy who gets a new girl every movie. She was more of a friend in the first one. Maybe there will be more in the second. And it would be better that she died instead of batman dumping her or being dumped lol. Although I have to say that Tim Burton pretty much succeeded in making Batman not a playboy lol

14. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I was thinking that if they kill her off early, or late in the movie, A) it gets rid of Katie Holmes who was the weakest link in a fantastic cast (I kept thinking "Joey, don't choose Bruce Wayne, you're still in love with Dawson!) and B) it'll make Batman even more dark, tortured and ready to kick some heads. And leave the door open for a new love interest.

15. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Bah. Bruce Wayne was a bit of a playboy. It's one of the ways he separated himself from the Bat. Oh sure, he had the Taliyah's and the Selina Kyle's to keep him consistantly interested...but he wasn't really a 'one girl' kind of guy. He sort of...understands that his lifestyle prevents such relationships.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I don't know much of the comics...but I always thought that Bruce Wayne was a loner...and that the only love interest he had was Selina Kyle as you said it. That's what made Batman returns so good. It was realistic but it had a nice fantasy too and Michelle Pfeiffer is the best Catwoman ever. She really has a nice sexy voice. She even said that playing catwoman was one of her favorite parts. I don't like Halle Berry as Catwoman altho that is based on batman but she's a different character. The movie sucked. The only reason I bought it is the documentary with it. There were rumours that Mark Hamill would play the joker in the next one, but I don't believe that. He does a great job in doing his voice...but that's it. Jack Nicholson gave a strange different version of the joker...But he was very good. And as long as there is no Robin in the movies I'm happy....Tim Burton wouldn't have allowed Robin in Batman Forever. I am so sure that Batman forever would be so much better if Tim Burton directed it. It would still be two-face...But one more like the comics. It would have been Billy Dee Williams who plays Lando in Star Wars and Harvey Dent in the first Batman film. That was the set-up for the third movie...too bad Tim Burton didn't get the chance.

17. curunir's bane

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Well I thought that Tommy Lee did a good job. But I'm just curious as to why you dislike Robin. And keep in mind that i have not seen the 3rd or 4th batman in years.

18. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Tommy Lee did a piss poor job, if you ask me. But...well he only can do so much with the script he was handed. Joel really messed things up.

Robin? I thought he was fairly well written. Cocky, troubled, desiring to be his own man live by his own rules. But...they started him out too old...and he began his separation from Batman a little too soon.

What would be great is to see a good portrayal of the "Knightfall " saga. "Batman & Robin" really took one of the best Batman Villians and royally screwed him up beyond character recognition.

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    The reason why Tim Burton didn't put Robin in the film is because he thought....Bruce Wayne...a guy reaching 40...and Robin about 20? They both in one mansion with an old Butler. Euhm somebody could get crazy thoughts why Bruce kept Dick (nice name too lol) in his mansion. In the comics you may not think about it. But yeah that's different in film.
    Besides all agreed (with all I mean Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Christian Bale) that putting Robin in the film would be a bad idea. The films Batman and Batman begins are so good because they don't look like comic book movies, but movies on itself. They have their own interesting points. Putting Robin in it and you take a lot of that away. The movies start to miss their darkness too it seems. You would also agree that the best Batman movies were the first two and Batman begins. the other two sucked. And about Tommy Lee Jones. Well I don't say he sucked. But the character sucked, but that's not Tommy Lee Jones' fault.