Barteris-Shards of an Iron crown..

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Wolf star *, Aug 10, 2008.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "I hate to be a spoil sport but what the frack are we getting ready for!?" dT shot out.

"The city is under attack," said Hex as Amber suddenly ran off, with a brief explaination of herself, toward the fray. Hex sighed, he was going to need to stop her, if they were enough to worry the vampire then the girl would be torn apart for sure. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to stop a brash young girl from ending her own life..."

Hex ran after Amber, as he moved he formulated his plan of how he was going to stop her. He hoped he could reason with her, but it occurred to him that at her age no one had ever been able to make him listen to logic. He was fearless back then, and stupid too. He'd lived as much on luck as he had on skill, and so these days he preferred to think before he acted, with any luck he could usually avoid situations that might land him in the after life. In all likelihood he would need to knock her out, unfortunate, but he believed she might be able to understand someday.

Luckily she hadn't made it far before an elf leapt down from the roof and stopped her. Her muscles moved like she was ready to split him in half when suddenly she spoke, "Who are you to speak of my father in such a familiar fashion?" she questioned him suddenly.

"A good question," said Hex, interrupting. "But one that will have to be answered later. Right now I think it would be best if we fled this city."

Amber looked at him, a glance that would melt stone.

"I understand you have your reasons for wanting to face the invaders, but discretion is the better part of valor. Were you to face them now you'd be killed, no matter how mighty you are. The name 'Dead Town' will soon come to describe this place much more accurately than it does now," said Hex. "It may not be your method to run away, but sometimes you must, to fight another day."

2. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    The talk of an attack on the city really didn't bother Mugen so much as him having lost a fight. Why the hell did dT have to mess up so bad? Oh well maybe next time. Mugen sheathed his sword as the woman and begger ran off to 'save the city' or something.

"That was a rigged fight! I'd never be beaten by a begger if it wasn't," Mugen kinda puffed out his chest before noticing that no one was listening.

dT seemed concerned about the raiders on the city, probably just some pirates or one of those necromancers that got doped up and thought he could take on the world. Either way Mugen couldn't just sit around and wait for another opertunity like this!

"What are you two wait'n on? Dust yourself off or something and let's go! I've got to see this," Mugen didn't even motion for dT or Ry, who seemed to have followed up on her murders, instead he just started towards the city to watch and if her got his chance, show off.

3. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The sky had already turned from black to a dark blue behind the silhouettes of the mountains, announcing the imminent sunrise. The air hug thick with the smell of rain and From the northern watch tower one of the only few stone structures, Agarash walked out onto the platform and looked down on the unorganized hordes of mutants that rushed the wooden defenses only to be repealed back by flame and arrow shot. Barbed hooks thrown up trying too hook on any thing that they could find perch but got cut down just as fast, from sharpened steel weapons. Inhuman screeches echoed out as the ravines creatures fell upon there own clawing hoard and smash them self on sharp rocks below. But some places they had too few defenders on the wall and mutants made their way up and on the walkways, causing as much havoc as possible.

Agarash raised his hands into the air and spread them apart. He then spoke a few low toned alien words that no human’s voice could have spoken. His hands begun to crackle with a blue living fire that descended down his robed body, making it look as if he was standing in a pillar of blue fire. He then dropped his hands down as if holding something, keeping his hands apart but facing each other. His shoulders bunched up and then his hands shot out. A rolling blue ball of living fire floated in from of Agarash and then he danced his hands around the flames at blinding speed. The ball grew in size as each movement was completed. Finely when he was satisfied he pushed forward. The flames descended over the towers side and fell among the savage horde. Bodies turned to ash as the magical flames ate it way through the mass of malformed bodies. Glowing fleshless bones fell wherever the fire touched.

The mutants tried to slap out small sparks of flame that had landed on there ragged clothing and started burning its way down towards its flesh. They were surly disappointed because it was not a normal fire that could be snuffed out quickly or easily but a fire created by power and had a purpose and that purpose was to burn. And not even a sea of water could extinguish its magical flames it could burn under the ocean as well as on land. Where ever a small spark landed on an arm or shoulder it quickly spread and turned its victims into a flaming inferno, only to leave unburned glowing bones in its path. Even hands that helped slap out flames quickly ignited anyone trying to help, but most of the greedy creatures just left them to burn.

The fire ball, snaked its way eating and consuming until it finely died out as it reached its destination. The line of human magic users that fought at the rear of the battle ground. They tried to defend themselves with magic shields and water spells but the flames only tore into them leaving nothing in its path.

Agarash looked down and watch as more mutants filled the devastated area and made there way back towards the wall. He had killed the mages but they had already done the damage. The wall was breached and the town was now getting flooded by hunger ravaged creatures. Agarash once again slapped his hands grimly and vanished.-------------------------

Darius watched Hex heading back towards his companion Amber, too stop her from doing the foolish or suicidal. He then turned his head an watched as the streets became crawling with mutants.

“Shit and double shit” was all he said and reached his hand behind his head. He could feel the coarse, leather wrapped steel in his grip as he pulled his sword free.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    "I understand you have your reasons for wanting to face the invaders, but discretion is the better part of valor. Were you to face them now you'd be killed, no matter how mighty you are. The name 'Dead Town' will soon come to describe this place much more accurately than it does now," said Hex. "It may not be your method to run away, but sometimes you must, to fight another day."

Amber's eye would have been shooting daggers if it were possible. The only thing she left the mountains for was to find the creatures that destroyed that village long ago and who have been destroying villages and settlement all over the place since then. It may be the stubborness of her 'Fathers' people or just the stubborn mind of an 18 year old. Call it what you will but she wasn't about to simply run away... especially if this would be her only chance to face these creatures.

" I will not run away Hex! That may be your way and it sure as hell isn't mine. This could possibly be my only chance to face them and you want me to just give that up?" she practically screamed. Picking up her axe she pushed her way passed the Elf " I'm going and don't think you will be able to stop me...If i die I Die fighting for those who couldn't"

" Valiant words, but I must agree with your friend here! There will be another chance for you to face them now come Amber or we will be forced to bring you along by force" the Elf spoke up suddenly

Spinning around Amber Fixed her eyes onto both Hex and the Elf " You wouldn't DARE!" she growled heatedly.

Just behind her a large explosion could be heard at the gates and the screams of both Humans and Mutants could be heard. They were unlike any she had ever heard before, Covering her ears quickly Amber dropped her axe and turned around. She couldn't believe her eyes when she finally got her first look at the creatures her 'Father' had described to her " by the Gods" she gasped in horror. She was too stunned to move if her life depended upon it "Hex..." she started to speak but her voice caught rendering her speechless with fright.

Rushing over the Elf quickly picked up her axe while Hex lifted Amber up into his arms " Lets get the hell out of here!" both men spoke at once. Both carrying a heavy load in their arms they ran as fast as they could back towards the dock. The mutant Army not far behind them screaming, Killing and destroying everything they came upon.

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hex recognized the look in Amber's eyes before anything else, she'd never been in a real battle, and these beasts were a poor place to start. She collapsed to the ground in terror, Hex signaled for the elf to take up her axe while he himself swept her up and ran toward the docks. They were surprisingly clear at the moment, seemed that the people of Dead Town were more concerned with looting than with living, that wasn't his problem.

There weren't many on the docks, a captain or two doing this and that, but unfortunately there was a lack of those that had interested him earlier. He came to the captain of one of the ships. "Well you look like you're looking to get out of here soon," said the giant of a man.

"With what's going on I'd say we have reason," said Hex.

"Hm, well for a fee I could take you out of here, but I may need to know where you're going," said the man.

Hex pondered for a moment, "I don't actually know yet. If it's alright with you I'd like to leave these two here while I track down the rest of my group."

"Fine, but you don't have long, I need to be setting sail soon," said the captain. "By the way, name's Blade."

"Call me Hex," Hex answered and turned to Amber and the elf. "I'll be back soon, you two stay here, if I'm not back when they ship out, go with them." He didn't give them a chance to reply, quickly running off and drawing his short sword along the way. There wouldn't be any mutants here for a while, they'd take their time in crushing everything. Still, he'd be ready for the scouts, he needed to find Darius, the thief, the spearman, and all the others in their lot, he had a feeling, one that told him he needed to find them all.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "The name 'Dead Town' will soon come to describe this place much more accurately than it does now," this was the only part of the conversation he held on to. The rest was all argumentative and whatnot, and dT cared not to listen. But these words stuck, and he realized that this Hex was right. This town wasn't anything to brag about, but people lived here. It was his duty, sort of, to help them.

It was then, that he heard some sort of explosion, and then screams. They didn't effect dT, as they ultimately effected this girl, he had heard many such screams in his life, but to this day, screams still sent a shiver up his spine. No matter who, or what, as it may be, was doing the screaming.

dT simply stayed at a distance while these people dealt out their problems. When the time came to fight, he'd be more interested.

As the trio reached the docks, dT suddenly realized that Hex likely had no clue he had been following him through the crowds of looters and theifs.

"Hex!" he yelled out, hoping it wasn't a bad move on his part. "You didn't think you could shove off without me, did you?"

7. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    His eyes sought his first target approaching.

Fangs dripped with green saliva and fresh blood, as the gray skinned creature looked for more lively prey. Two eyes, one larger then the other locked with ravines hunger on the vampire as its legs pumped its hunched body up the street.

The night stalker was now in his element. His cloak billowed out behind him as he raced too meet his attacker. His hand moved with blinding speed as he pulled his sword free. The mutant only glimpsed a reflective shine of blue steel as the vampire swung his arm around.

With such speed and a finely sharpened edge, the mutant could hardly feel the cold dead steel as it slipped between its teeth and cheeks. As if cutting soft butter the blade sliced through the back of the mutants head severing bone and brain alike. Darius continued with out stopping. He never looked back and watched as the body dropped and fountained out blood from its still beating hart. The creatures’ skull cap wobbled on the stone pavers like a spinning bowl until it finally came to a rest.

Moving like the shadowy death he sliced and chopped his way clear of the creatures. He moved towards an ally but noticed he wasn’t alone. A middle aged woman had found a refuge in the shadow.

“what, is it ma?’ cried a young voice.

Darius noticed a small dirt covered hand tugging on her stained, skirt from behind a wooden crate.

“Nothing Roo, get back before they see us,” She scowled at her son and pulled her skirt away.”

“What are you doing in this place?’ asked Darius as he kept his keen eye on the ally entrance.

“Trying to make our way towards the docks, ships are pulling all the people they can get aboard,” she then fell on her knees crying and placed her dirty hands at her eyes as if to stop the flow of tears. “There, there all over the place!” she cried sobbingly.

“Its ok ma,” spoke the brave little boy as he hugged her shoulder. She clutched him to her as if it was her only link to sanity.

Darius looked at her son as he looked up with big green eyes. He knew that they would run for there lives if they could see if face clearly but the darkness of the ally hid his features enough to look like any other human.

Down the ally further, Darius watched as a large mutant turned towards them. He didn’t have room in the narrow ally for his sword and if he didn’t move quickly enough the mutant as going to reach the women and her child before him.

“Run, towards me,” he shouted, “the way is clear.” He hoped to keep them looking towards him but the women turned as she was trying to stand once again, she screamed as she watched the lumbering thing move towards them. The young boy picked up a stone with out thinking and threw it at the mutant. It chipped off the stone wall but it made the mutant bellow out. Darius jumped past the women and lunged into the mutants’ midsection, knocking both of them towards the ground. “Run,’ he shouted over his shoulder trying to hold himself on top of the creature.

The young boy tugged his frightened mother as quickly as his small arms could. Darius turned back towards the mutant who was trying to push the vampire off. “You want too play, lets play,” Spoke Darius with a voice from the pits of hell. His eyes narrowed like a cat and then his mouth opened to reveal a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. He didn’t want too bit the foul creature but he slipped his now claw like hands down towards its chest.

His hands clenched on its ribcage and sliced his way below its grey skin with his long fingernails. With a mutant now going frenzy with pain, Darius pulled his hands apart. The bones snapped like twigs and blood exploded out covering himself and the stone ground. The creatures’ chest was torn open to reveal its pulsating hart. Darius reached inside and crushed it with his hand.

Covered from head to toe in entrails and gore he made his way back towards the dock.

Standing on the dock was a massive man. On his hip was a long sword but clutched in his two hands was what appeared to be a small metal dragon with a flicker of flame burning in it mouth. On his back he had what appeared to be a round cylinder.

“You be the vampire?’ he bellowed out with a voice as deep as a barrow.

“That would be me. You Blade?”

“I, dat be, me name,” He pointed towards a long boat off the side of the dock.

Darius could see people aboard already.

“Good gods what happen to ya? Ya be looking like hell it’s self, ya do.” Blade noticed all the blood covering the vampire.

“Could use a bath,” laughed the vampire.

“I, dat I say so, well me ship a wait.she be out in the high water, clime aboard.”

At the end of the dock the mutants started to gather.

“Better move, quick” the vampire pointed towards the gathering crowd.

“Ah, it be the end of days if I ever run from a stinking mutant. Ya get aboard and ready, I be taken care of um,” Blade moved towards the docks center as Darius leaped down too the long boat.

“Take this, ya bunch of stinking land lobers,” Blade laughed loudly and pointed his arm towards the oncoming mutant horde. Darius didn’t know what the man was thinking other then the giant man must be suicidal.

Darius eyes widened as he watched flames shoot out of the metal dragon clutched in the captains arms. It reached a good twenty feet and burned every thing in its path. Smoking corpses piled up by the dozens as hungry, angry screeches fill the night air. After the dock was completely engulfed in flames did the big man turn about towards the small ship with a cunning smile on his face. Darius couldn’t help it, as he watched the burning pyre of mutants he found himself smiling as well.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  8. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside stayed on the roof as the gates crashed open and the mutants began to pour through the town, he casually spun the blades around in his hands, he inhaled deep, the sweet smoke from his cigarette filling his lungs. He closed his eyes.

A moment or two passed before he opened them again, his eyes seemed to glow with a cold, maniacal fury, as his a smile spread across his face. Just looking at his smile would send shivers down the bravest man's spine, nothing warm about it at all, just a crazed, psychotic, teeth baring grin from ear to ear.

He leapt off the roof into the the swarming mutants, finely polished white shoes slamming hard on one's head before he leaped again, spiraling his long limbed body into the thick of the horde. By the time he landed on his feet his knives where dripping with blood and three mutants were grasping desperately at their wounds trying to stop the blood flow before they collapsed to the earth. Without wasting a single second Brightside spun around, swinging his long leg in a wide arch catching another across the face sending it stumbling to the ground as with the same momentum his outstretched arm slicing the throat of the nearest mutant.

For several minutes he continued to fight, his knives opening arteries, spilling their blood, with each passing moment his smile grew wider, eviler, more psychotic. But even that soon began to fade as more and more mutants piled around him. As a gambling man he knew when the odds were against him, and knew when to fold. With a few quick cuts he made an opening and took off, taking down any creature that stood in his way.

After a while Brightside arrived at the docks, seeing others having already gathered there, he looked from one to the other, the wide grin still on his face, his suit covered in the blood of the mutants. The smile left his face just as quickly as it appeared, he cleaned his knives and put them away, reaching for a cigarette and his lighter, he inhaled deep yet again, exhaling a cloud of smoke before walking the docks casually, as if nothing had happened at all, as if it was just another dull day.

9. Manifest

Manifest New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Near-by the happenings, back at the fork in the road, the wind picked up slightly. leaves were caught, they parted to either side of the basic dirt path that split into two when it hit the signpost. A glimmer of light appeared and it seemed to spin. Out of this light what looked like a rune-stone appeared in mid air.

The rune spun slowly in the air, there were carvings made into the stone that began to glow. One half glowed more brightly than the other, and it started spinning with higher speeds. The light around it faded away, only to be replaced by a flash of green, the rune drew an oval shape in the air at least 7 ft tall, leaving a trail of light behind it. Once connected back at the top, the oval filled in with green flames and a figure stepped through. It was looking down at the floor as the green light faded from behind it, the stone dropped to the floor near his three towed foot as it's tail wrapped around the rune, it looked up at the fork in the road.

"At least near some form of population this time." he muttered to himself, it was deffinatly a male with his tone of voice, as he looked at the rune. He rubbed one side of it, the carvings had faded, as if the stone had reformed partly what was carved out. The other half still glowed a soft red, fully carved with clean cuts. He pocketed it after wrapping it in cloth.

He shifted his weight a bit, and frowned. He patted himself down, as if checking for something, but nothing seemed out of place or missing. He smiled as he realised his ignorance. He was not missing something, but simply felt lighter. The gravity on this planet was weaker than on his home world, this would be an advantage to him.

He bagan to walk along the path, taking the left fork leading to Dead Town. He could get the information he needed from probably any beggar. ' A man who tests with magic, who gloats about feats that he has taken the glory for. This man makes himself noticed, it shouldn't be hard to find him.', his superior told him that, word for word. Running over it again in his mind, the alien heard noises of battle ahead. He darted into the trees at the right, and continued his journey out of sight at a much quicker pace. "Information cannot be gained from corpses" he thought to himself.

He got nearer to the town, and started to see some of the things that were running towards the gates. He stepped out of the trees looked again at the 'mutants' " If this is the population, then I think i'm on the wrong planet. That would not be good, becuase they, are not Humans." He moved in closer and did see the pinkness of a Human, at least he was reassured. He ran into the crowd of mutants, pulling his cloak around himself and drawing the hood over his eyes. He moved in and out, through out the crowd without fear, his timing was on, and he knew he could get through it without having to draw a knife. He stayed within the crowd, moving in and out of mutants untill he go inside the town. As he entered, he saw that the Humans seemed to be retreating, this didn't bode well for information then. He moved off, avoiding fights. He ran around and darted off behind some buildings. He moved towards the docks.

He got to the docks quicker than he expected actually, this town is smaller than he hoped. He won't have as much time as he wanted. He walked into some random building, he needed to think. He shut the door behind him, and... to be honest he didn't expect anyone to be in here. There seemed to be somone sat there talking to himself, "How could he beat so many so fast? Every time! But don't worry, i'll get him. And when did he meet up with this new girl? Is she new? or has Hex been hiding her so he could win the next time he saw me? no, no i don't think so. He'd probly win anyway..."

He watched the Human babble on to himself for a while, then interupted him. With his features hidden, he said "It seems you are having troubled with a certain somebody."

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Beck shivered intensely as he looked up at the massive being that had entered the room. He could only guess how long this being had been there, he'd been so absorbed in his thoughts, thoughts of his most recent failure against Hex. The swordsman who'd defeated him and his ambitions numerous times, that man was not human, he refused to believe that someone like Hex could be of the same species as himself an others. And that girl? She'd hacked through his men like they were nothing, using a weapon that must have come from those bastard dwarves...

"Trouble? Trouble I could deal with, that man, that man is the devil... Hex..." Beck muttered to himself. To most the figure before him would be unnerving, but whenever Beck fell into a state like this he found himself unable to be surprised by anything, for in these moments a certain mania gripped him, and dulled his sense of reality. "Who are you?" he asked the being finally, since, usually, the beings that visited him in these times of depression chose to aid him in his quest to defeat Hex...

"Hex!" came a voice that the swordsman only narrowly picked out through the crowd. Turning he was greeted with the sight of the blue haired spearman, his companions likely somewhere close by. "You didn't think you could shove off without me, did you?"

Hex rushed forward as swift as the wind itself. The spearman looked surprised at the charge, the look in Hex's eyes screaming of a killing intent. As Hex passed the spearman he swung his blade, slicing cleanly through the body of a mutant scout which had been about to be upon the warrior. Hex shook the blood off of his sword. "You should be more careful, it's a time of war, to survive you'll need to be able to feel the entire battlefield," said Hex as he turned. The mutants were advancing faster than he'd expecting by the sounds of death.

"I need to get out of here, there's too many enemies to kill, if you want to stay alive you should probably follow," said Hex. The spear man nodded, a shout here, a yell there, his companions would follow Hex assumed, not his concern either way. Hex rushed back to the docks to find the area swarming with the mutants, and more importantly with deadly flames. The fire cut off the easiest access route back to the Nox, but not the safest.

Hex didn't speak to the spearman as he hopped onto one of the smaller boats in port and ran along it, moving along several more until he reached the Nox, Amber, and the elf. To his surprise Darius was already aboard, a good thing, Hex had been interested in seeing this man again, and it seemed fate was also interested in this meeting. The well dressed man Darius had been speaking to appeared soon as well, blood soaking his clothing, but he didn't seem to mind. Hex sheathed his sword as the trio of the thief, the blue haired man, and the woman with them reached the ship as well. He sat near Amber and sighed, "Looks like things are about to get exciting..." he muttered.

11. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside made his way casually down the docks, hands in his pockets, taking deep drags off his cigarette. He looked around spotting a sailor, he reached the burly looking man and without looking at him asked "Where is Darius?"

"Bugger off." the sailor answered, continuing with his work.

Brightside reached out a long arm, grabbing the man by his face, fingers squeezing. "I asked you a question." His voice calm. "Where is Darius? If you dont know who he is, which one of these pathetic excuses for a ship is the Nox?" he squeezed harder.

"T..that would be the one...over...there...aaah" The man stammered through the pain, pointing.

"Thank you." Brightside shoved the sailor off the docks and flicked the butt of his cig at him, before heading to the ship. He carefully observed everyone around from underneath the brim of his fedora. The adrenaline from the fight with the mutants still pumping strong, but his face or body showed no signs. He still moved with a calm, almost bored demeanor.

Eventually he reached the ship and made his way aboard. His eyes scanned everyone there, stopping briefly on Darius, before he leaned back against the railing. He reached inside his jacket and pulled out his lighter and cigs, he shook the pack causing one to stick out from the rest, he pulled it free from his mouth sliding the pack back into his jacket before lighting up and and breathing in deep. He put the zippo away and took out a deck of cards, shuffling them idly. "Anyone know where I can get a new suit?" he asked from behind a cloud of smoke.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  12. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    dT couldn't help but swallow hard. He had thought that Hex had been going to kill him. The man had no reason to kill him, he now realized, but he had truly been worried for a second there.

"I need to get out of here, there's too many enemies to kill, if you want to stay alive you should probably follow," dT nodded sternly, to hid his nervousness. With that, he followed the warrior to the boat which was sitting modestly in the sea. It was by no means a majestic galleon, but it would get them where they wanted to go, which in this case was simply away from here.

Cracking his neck, dT leaned against the side of the boat, looking out to see if Ry and Mugen were coming. He hoped they would, he didn't feel entirely comfortable with the man who could likely have killed him back there outside the bar. But then again, he had just met those two a few minutes before that. But still, he felt like he trusted them. Hell, he didn't know what he thought. He just hoped they could get away, with or without his companions, before the mutant army came and destroyed the ship, not to mention dT with it.

13. Manifest

Manifest New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He looked at Beck with a scrutinizing look. Judging. He tilted his head slightly to the left and took a step forward, he was much closer now, easily within arms reach. Well, his arm reach anyway, but not for the human.

"I'm hireable. Thats all you need to know about me. I take payment of any precious metals, artefacts, or unique weapons that interest me. I do not come cheap, but if you choose to hire me, your job will be done."

He said this last bit with a smirk on his face. He had only failed one mission, and that was to take out a higher assasin back on his planet. Knowing that he had only failed at this, and succeeded at everything else, he would accept the 'contract' depending on what he offered as payment.

He didn't say anything else. Just waited for an answer. under his cloak, he idly rubbed his stone, back and forth, from one side to the other.

After a small while, giving Beck time to think, he snapped his head round. looking as if at a wall. his head slowly turning, following something. He'd heard footsteps. But not human ones, they would not get his attention like this. They were heavier. Another adaptus?!

"I'll be in contact with you. I want an answer when I see you again."

He ran, his long legs pushing him faster. 4 strides and he was at the back. He opened it silently and slipped out. He moved away from the place, staying hidden in between crates, piles of equipment, and other things. Anything to stay hidden until he found out more. Caution is the best of options, whatever the situation. He'd find out who else was on this planet but him, why was someone else sent? He moved off the side of the dock, swinging of the edge, and scrambling along the side. He didn't mind water, but he was thinking of his cloak. It'd be useless if it got wet. He got towards a ship, and thought of it as an exit. This town was being over run anyway. He looked up and saw some people next to it, someone mentioned something about a guy called Darius. He didn't pay attention. He leaped from the side and clung to the boat. scrambling along it until he came to an openeing to climb onboard.

He headed down, to the deepest part of the ship, silently. He was now a stowaway. he didn't like the sound of that, it made him feel dirty. This was sure to lose the other adaptus, but it wont find him answers. He will think for a while...

14. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Aboard the Nox, Amber sat silently with her knees pulled up into her chest and arms wrapped around them. This wasn't how she pictured it, she would find out where those monsters were go there and kill them..or at least die trying. That was until she got her first look at them. They were horribly mangled beyond words, she had never seen anything like them and wished she never had.

"Looks like things are about to get exciting..." he muttered.

Jumping slightly She turned her head and sighed breath of relief when she seen it was only Hex before resting her chin upon the tops of her knees. She didn't know what to say or even think except for that she was now traveling even farther away from her home. " Why... Why do things like them exist?" she asked Hex in a soft and frightened voice.

15. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Darius looked back towards the city as he placed his first foot on the rolling deck of the Nox. The night sky brightened from buildings engulfed in flames. Small over loaded boats made there dispread escape for freedom with frightened passengers. “Like rats from a sinking ship,” a deep voice sounded behind him.

Darius turned to see the large captain untangle himself of his now empty fuel tanks. “That expression isn’t to comforting in our present situation,” Darius looked grim as he looked over the crew.

“Aye, but it is what it is,” replayed Blade now standing beside the vampire.

“You know of our mission?” asked Darius.

“Aye, that I do.”

“Then I must speak with the crew at once.”

Blade just nodded and turned with the vampire following. They made there way through the crowd until they reached the stern. Blade walked up a small flight of stairs onto the command deck. “First officer sound the call.” He spoke with all authority of his station.

“Aye, Aye cap-n,” then he placed a small whistle too his lips that called the crew to attention.
    At once the crew stopped pulling ropes and securing cargo. All eyes looked towards the Captain.

“For those of you now guess of the Nox welcome aboard, I am the captain of this ship. Blade is the name but just Captain too most.” He looked over the crowd with one hand resting on his swords hilt. “I not be take much of your time. I have someone that needs to say a few words.” He gestured with his hand for the vampire to step forward.

Darius made a slight bow towards the captain showing him his dew respect, then turned towards the crew, “I will not take your time for too long,” Darius began. “This ship has been chartered and is under orders. Some of you would like us to put into port up the coast but this is not going to happen.” Darius looked grimly over the crowd waiting a moment to allow the information to sink in. “We are leaving at once for sea. It’s going to be an extremely dangerous mission. Time is the issue.”

Darius stood quite for a moment when a crew man spoke up. “Were we headed?”

“Necromancer, Island,”Darius said coldly.

“That be accursed, that be. The land of the walking dead,” spoke up another voice as others clutched religious artifacts as if speaking the islands name was a death sentence. Other looked as if the dead was about to rise out of the darkness and capture there souls.

“None the less, that is our destination,” commanded the vampire. “I see only two choices for you.”

“What that be?’ asked a toothless sailor holding onto a length of rope.

“One, you can jump over board now and die with the rest of this city of the dammed or,” Darius narrowed his eyes.

“Or what?’ asked the same crew mate.

“Or,” spoke up Darius, “you can come with us and fight under the ships command and my self. Pray to any god you chose that this mission is a success or there will be no free land for any one. The world you have always known will look like this,” Darius pointed towards the town burning out of control.

“Not much of a choice.”

“No, but it’s the only one I will offer. Stay and die or fight for a chance to live. ” Darius turned abruptly and walked towards the captain, “the command is you’re once again Captain, please show me my quarters.” Blade motioned for a deck hand.

“Alright you bunch of sea rats back to work, make ready to sail!” Blade turned and walked towards the cabin entrance.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Why... Why do things like them exist?" Amber said in a frightful tone. She was strong, and she'd tasted battle before, but never a true war. She was unfamiliar with the horrors of the world, and it seemed to Hex that she was going to have to learn very fast now.

Hex took a deep breathe to consider how to answer this question. This was her first time truly away from home, but she wasn't like the young warriors he'd encountered in the days of old, she didn't choose to go to war. She'd expected to find some bandits and seek retribution. With those young soldiers you faced horrors before you ever encountered a mutant, you were ready the first time you met them. Amber was a warrior, but she wasn't a soldier, not yet.

"They exist, because some people weren't content with simply having humans kill one another," said Hex. He suppressed a slight grin in remembering just how his sword became so swift, that wasn't something she needed to know, not for now. "Instead of just training humans to be better they stripped men of their souls, and granted them the bodies of monsters. They became better soldiers from what could be told, but in order to make beasts like this one must also sacrifice one's own spirit. Absolute ambition to gain absolute power. Ambition is much like power, it leads to corruption. They are perfect killers, and to gain such killers many many men had to give up their souls."

Hew looked at Amber, he could tell his answer didn't do anything to make her feel better. "It gets easier, every time, it gets easier," Hex said putting a hand on her shoulder. "The question is, will you be able to keep yourself through to the end."

17. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    "...Ambition is much like power, it leads to corruption. They are perfect killers, and to gain such killers many, many men had to give up their souls. It gets easier, every time, it gets easier. The question is, will you be able to keep yourself through to the end." The old man was giving the girl a pep talk that had 'sappy' written all over it. He could almost throw up.

They had set sail for Necromancer Island. A real swell place by the sound of it? Mugen thought and laughed to himself.

"If anyone needs me, one, they can kiss my ass, and two, I'll be below looking for...er...'supplies'," Mugen headed down to look for a drink and to ponder his next move.

Below deck his worst fears were confirmed, no beer. He was really ticked now and not only because of the lack of ingredients for a good voyage, alcohol, women, ect., but because he'd just got run out of town by a bunch of ugly rodents.

"Perfect killing machines nothing. They were just overgrown monkeys with an attitude and no one even had the guts to try and fight!” Mugen kicked the wall and it cracked, "...damn"

He found something to patch it up and went to go find a place to lie down. Mugen walked around for a while and failed at finding a suitable cot but he did find an old map. It was marked ‘confidential’ and this intrigued him. He looked around and saw that no one was looking so Mugen casually picked it up and put it in a pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Manifest

Manifest New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Creeping along on one of the lower decks, its better to keep moving. He heard muffles of voices above, the creeking of the floorboards. He moved up into a crevice in the middle of a support collumn. He spotted a 'confidential' document. It was bound with a red band. 'why would someone leave that lying around, convienient. Lets take a look...'

Just as he was about to jump down and swipe it, he heard someone... He stayed where he was and slowed his breathing. He held his knife under his cloak, and waited. He saw an old man, walk in. He looked like he was looking for something. mumbling to himself. 'no threat' he leased his grip on his knife and watched. The old man seemed to stop. He looked at the document that he was about to take a look at. The old man went up the the side slowly, and looked around. He took it, and was about to leave.

"Well well... we have a theif. Do not be alarmed, I won't tell..." The alien dropped down behind the old man from hiding in the middle of a multiple support collumn. 'Great hiding spot' he thought to himself.

"So wheres this ship heading? And don't try and shout for help. I had some potential business back at that other town, Id like to know if i could get back there, lets take a look at that aswell." motioning towards him in general, meaning the confidential book. He inched closer to the man.

'I wonder how the other one got along, at least iv lost him for now. But I still need to find out why he was here. He looked up and down the corridors of the ship, at least they were alone for a while.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  19. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    "Well, well... we have a thief. Do not be alarmed, I won't tell..." Asked the voice, Mugen didn't flinch, even though he couldn't see the origin of the voice, but put his hand on his sword.

There was a silent thud and Mugen turned around and saw the cloaked figure, "So where's this ship heading? And don't try and shout for help. I had some potential business back at that other town, Id like to know if I could get back there, let’s take a look at that aswell."

"Shout for help huh? That really isn't my style in the first place but ok," He rolled one shoulder, "Anyway; I think we're going to some hellhole called Necromancer Island or something like that,"

The figure seemed to nod to himself and shift his weight as if to relax a little, "You didn't answer all my questions,"

"And why the hell should I? But since you asked nicely I guess I can waste a few breaths on you.” Mugen snapped and then rolled his other shoulder, "I don't know if you can get back and I don't see why you'd want to,"

"What about the book?” The figure asked.

"Well he's persistent I’ll give him that," Mugen thought.

Mugen stepped up to the figure wich he could now tell was nearly half a foot taller than him, "I guess it's none of my concern if you look at it but if it's valuable I keep it!"

20. Wolf star *

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    His breath was labored, he had too hurry his master didn’t like to be kept waiting. Sweet dripped down his brownish green colored skin only to arrive at a single black eye brow that spread over both sunken eyes. His mouth harbored only a few last rotten and jagged teeth but it was quite typical of his smaller troll race. His feet pounded the stone floor as his ragged clothing flowed out behind him. Making his way through the maze of tunnels that occupied the lower reaches of dark fort he finely reached a set of large gold gilded doors. With out stopping the dirty little creature pushed on the doors with his hands.
    The doors swung with ease on well oiled hinges stopping midway with the little troll bursting forth into the torch lit chamber. He fell to his knees blabbering apologies with his rubber like lips. The black polished stone floor grinded his boney knees as he dared to look at his master.

Sitting in a chair made of human bone a cloaked figure hidden in shadow looked upon his sniveling servant.

“I have failed my master, they escaped the city! I blame the humans they acted to slowly. Please forgive me!” the troll spread his arms and placed his face on the stone floor at his master’s feet begging for forgiveness.

“Silence,” Hissed a powerful voice. “Did you really thing that I expected you too succeed?”

After a moment of silence the troll nodded his head as best he could looking down.

“Fool! If I wished to capture them I would have never placed you in charge. No I only wished to force the next move. I know what they seek and wish it for myself. Now get out of my sight before I have you ripped apart.” His white elongated fingers taped the bone handle chair.

The troll backed out of the room quickly not wishing to anger his master. Devious laughter followed him echoing down the stone hallway.

Now the game begins thought the witch king as he laughter filled the room.

Darious cleaned himself in his cabin as fast as he could from his traveling pack. The ship rolled on the waves as he placed his cloak over his shoulder once again. He wished he had another but decided he would just need to clean it later. The bowl of blood soaked water he used to clean himself, he tosses into a wooded bucket located in the cabins corner. He made his way of his cabin and walked the deck trying to avoid the crew men who were trying to tie off ropes and set sails.

The vampire stood at the bow of the ship looking at the horizon. His hand rested on his hip but his thoughts was miles away.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008