Barteris-Shards of an Iron crown..

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Wolf star *, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Darius stepped into the smoke filled establishment. With out looking around he made his way towards the back of the room. Almost every table was occupied by customers playing games of chance and cards. The occasional hi pinched voice shouted out profanities of drunkenness from different tables as bar winches made there way through the maze of reaching hands and falling drunks.

Darius walked up to the bar that was little more then barrels covered by flat planks. The bar keep was a fat man with a gray beard standing back to Darius. He turned around cleaning a glass with a dirty rag.

“What’s your poison stranger,” he spoke as he placed the glass down. “Northern Elf wine,” Darius tossed a sliver penny on the plank table. The bars keep grabbed it up quickly and made it disappear just as fast.

After the vampire received his drink he looked around the room. From the corner of his eye he spotted some one he knew from years ago. Picking up his dink he made his way over to the table.

He slipped into an empty seat after he quickly picked the table back up straight with out permission and placed his drink on the table.

“Sorry for interrupting your game but I couldn’t help noticing that it was getting quite good,” Darius picked up his drink still hiding his face in shadow and sipped it quietly.

Brightside was holding a man by knife point. As a small amount of blood appeared on the man throat. The man looked as if he had soiled his pants, “what’s it to you stranger,” spoke Brightside as he keep the man as knife point, “no one calls me a cheat and lived to tell about it.”

“Always cut first ask questions latter, I thought you would have grown out of that by now my old friend,” Darius placed his drink back on the table.

Brightside narrowed his eyes at the cloaked figure, “what are you about?” He commanded.

Darius pulled back his hood revealing a white main of hair and with featured skin. “As I live and breath,” laughed Brightside dropping his knife and forgetting about the fat man who now scrambled a way as fast as he could. He reached over and slapped Darius on the shoulder.

“It has been a long time old friend, four, five years scene we last crossed swords,” Darius spoke as he made a slight smile.

“To long old friend,” Brightside laughed in good manner and ordered a new round of drinks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The Cutlass was a typical seedy bar filled with gamblers, sailors and other men and women from all walks of life. It looked about the same in here as it did in the streets of Dead Town, except in here some people actually smiled. Hex kept one arm rested gently on his swords, ready to draw the wakazashi should trouble arise. Amber quickly moved them to a table and sat immediately. Hex slowly followed suit. In a moment the bar maid arrived, "What will you have?" she asked.

"The house fish and some of your cheapest wine," said Hex. He didn't pay much attention to what Amber ordered, instead taking this moment to soak in his surroundings. There weren't many people of note in the place, but at one table in particular someone caught his eye.

A particularly well dressed man held a fat slob of a human at knife point. He wasn't going to kill him, only scare him, but it worked out very well. He wasn't interested in gamblers, but he was interested in the man that appeared out of the crowd a moment later. He dressed in black, and his weapons were few, but his voice was familiar, his face even more so. Hex had met this man only once, early in his career as a swordsman. That man, who'd called himself Darius was no human, and he'd been able to beat Hex then, one of the few people to boast such a feat. Hex didn't contribute that loss to his opponent being a creature with inhuman prowess, but it certainly hadn't helped him. Hex doubted that the vampire had improved as much as he had since then, but if he'd improved any significant amount then now they would nearly be equals, though the vampire still likely had the edge overall. And if he'd improved a lot since then the vampire was still out of his league.

Hex chuckled at that sight, it wasn't often he encountered those that had beaten him. Were he a bit younger or more brazen he'd probably have demanded a rematch then and there. However Hex didn't see the point in fighting that man just to avenge a loss. He had no grudge, and no reason to speak to the man about it when he'd likely beaten hundreds even only since then. Live and let live, in this case at least. A look forward led him to make eye contact with a man at the bar, an elf more precisely. The elf's eyes quickly darted away when Hex's eyes came to him, a common thing, but his nervousness told Hex something, he was the one who'd been following them, his earlier hunch had been correct.

By now their orders arrived, and almost at the same time another group of scruffy vagrants entered. Hex smiled as they did, he recognized them, some of them anyway. The blue haired man and the scrawny thief from earlier. By the look of them they were together only reluctantly, and they'd been joined by a woman, as the bum from before had mentioned. The thief and the man with blue hair certainly didn't seem thrilled about keeping each other's company, and by the display the thief had put on before, in a place like this those feelings would likely come to a head.

"Be on your guard," said Hex just loud enough for Amber to hear, "This place is a powder keg, and could very easily blow."

3. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    "Be on your guard," said Hex just loud enough for Amber to hear, "This place is a powder keg, and could very easily blow."

Amber nodded a silent reply, she already had a feeling about that she was glad to know she wasn't the only one with the bad feeling about this place. She watched as Hex ate his fish and drank his wine, as hungry as she was she didn't trust this place enough to order anything no matter how hungry she was.

" You going to eat?" Hex asked

Shaking her head " No, I lost my appetite" she replied as she once again looked over each person that was there before her eyes rested once again upon the Elf. In her upbringing only her 'Father' was known to trust the Elves but the rest of his people still held the ages long hatred of them. But what was it about this one she didn't know him but there was still just something about him... what was it though?

"You should eat something. There is no telling when your next meal will be!" Hex spoke up giving her some of his wisdom.

Rolling her eyes " Fine " she sighed. looking around she caught the barmaid and ordered a bowl of stew and a pint of ale before fixing her gaze back onto the Elf as she continued to think of how he seamed so fimilure. Before to long the barmaid was back with her order along with a small loaf of bread to eat with the stew.

4. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    “It has been a long time old friend, four, five years scene we last crossed swords,” Darius spoke as he made a slight smile.

“To long old friend,” Brightside laughed in good manner and ordered a new round of drinks.

While the drinks order was being filled, Brightside reached inside his jacket pulling out his lighter, and taking a drag off his cigarette before replacing the zippo back in his pocket, and shuffling a new deck of cards, not bothering to pick up the ones on the floor. "Out of all the shit-hole towns I stumble upon, somehow you managed to land up in the same one." He exhaled a cloud of smoke. "So, what brings you to this....place?" Before Darius could respond, Brightside flicked his wrist at the ground, a blade flying out and impaling one of the loose cards on the floor. He bent down to pick it up. "Don't bother asking me the same question, I never have a purpose to anywhere I go, you know that." He inspected the card he speared. "Ace of Spades."

5. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Ry stared at the people in the pub. Her left eye twitched, as it often did. She picked out two very well dressed young women and imagined tearing them to shreds with Catherine, her knife, and only friend.

"hey d... yeah you" she did a sort of half waving, half pointing motion at dT. "You see those girls over there?" he nodded as she titled their head in the two girls' direction. "... I'm going to kill one of them." she smiled a bit and sat at the bar, waiting for dT's promised drink. The young man just kind of stared at her before joining her at the bar. Mugen was looking around, probably for someone to steal from. If the girl she killed was carrying any money, she'd give it to him.

6. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio continued in his observations, but for now, he had temporarily forgotten about the man. All his attention was focused on the woman. Now that he was closer to the pair, he had a better look at their faces. The woman's was strangely familiar.

Where have I seen her before..? Kir thought to himself. I know I know her from somewhere, but where?

He continued watching as her companion casually ate fish and drank wine. She wasn't eating or drinking anything at all. She turned in her chair, fixing her gaze on him. He quickly averted his to the ground. He chanced a glance up, and accidentally looked her straight in the eye. Her friend said something to her, and she, rolling her eyes, turned away from Kir and began to eat.

His eyes widened. Was he seeing things? He didn't think so. But there was no way in hell that was her.

7. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    dT hunched an eyebrow. "What? You dissappoint me... i was hoping you'd kill BOTH of them." dT laughed sarcastically as he closed his fist around a mug of some ale or another. He'd never heard of it, but supposedly it was the strongest, and likely the most expensive they sold here.

Looking over at Mugen, he shook his head. The boy hadn't even sat down yet, he was just looking around as if he was examining the people of the pub. In a town like this, all it took was a sideways look to get you killed. Wasn't his problem though, he decided, he'd given the guy enough chances as it was.

"So, Ry, you feel like anything particular? Or will the blood of your foes keep you fueled?"

8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The fish was about as tasty as Hex had hoped, meaning it had any flavor at all. This was almost enough to make up for the wine tasting like mud and oil, but regardless he didn't complain. He and Amber didn't speak very much as they ate, each of them was too focused on observing their surroundings to pay much attention to the other. Hex continued to casually observe the thief and spear man from before, not staring, but glancing over from time to time to see what they were doing.

At first it took a long moment for the thief to sit, and when he did he began to happily partake in a drink. The woman they were with shot glances all around the bar, but they seemed focused on a pair of other women, for what purpose Hex could only guess. On one particular look up Hex noticed that the grungy thief had vanished from the side of his comrades. This is when he felt it, almost imperceivable, but for one like Hex more than enough to alert him of foul play. His hand shot out and twisted a thin but muscled wrist which he wrenched, forcing the thief's head to slam hard against the table, no one in the bar save those in the immediate vicinity noticed.

"You're pretty quick, but you should know better than to steal from a beggar," said Hex as he retrieved his meager coin pouch.

"Kiss my ass you ugly bastard!" growled the thief as he ripped himself free and slapped Hex's drink into his face.

Hex sighed, that one everyone had noticed. He wiped the wine from his face, "You're lucky that wasn't very good wine, or I'd be angry."

"So what? You think I care about pissing off some old idiot?" snapped the thief.

Hex sighed again, there was a certain scent in the air, the people here were expecting a show now. There was no avoiding it now, he had to either fight this punk or whoever else thought they could trot over him. "How did it come to this?" muttered Hex as he stood.

"Come to what?" asked the thief whose face suddenly snapped to the side as the result of a back handed slap from Hex. The older fighter knew this one's type, he was proud, and he never backed down. Now that Hex had returned the insult this little upstart had to fight him in order to save face.

"Meet me outside," said Hex as he made his way toward the door. "And if you value your life or your pride you should bring your friends too."

The crowd cheered as Hex issued this challenge, they were rearing to see a fight, and the fact that it was a bunch of out of towners would make betting even more interesting. Predictably once they reached the outside Amber confronted him, "What was that? You're getting us into a fight over that shitty wine?"

"Not us, me," said Hex. "There won't be any need for you to get involved in this. It'll only take a minute for me to beat them." Hex waited patiently for the other group to step outside. It seemed like the woman they were with was going to sit this one out, although her attention hadn't faded from those women before, she would likely make her move during this commotion. It wasn't any of Hex's concern, just one less that he needed to worry about at the moment.

Hex pulled his Wakazashi, scabbard and all from his belt and rested it on his shoulder, then on a second inspection of the two pulled his longer weapon and scabbard from his belt as well. It was a true mark of confidence or arrogance to keep one's weapons sheathed in a fight, it threw off the balance significantly, and given that it was already harder to fight with two weapons at once, it showed Hex was supremely confident in his abilities even before he spoke to the two, the thief carrying a sword and the other wielding a spear. "Well, what are you waiting for? Come at me, both of you," said Hex impatiently, their reactions showing that they were trying to feel each other out as much as him. This wouldn't take very long at all...

9. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Mugen had just sort tof followed the other two here, but when they arrived Ry was talking about killing some nice looking ladies. Now why'd she have to go and choose them? Mugen thought to himself as he checked out some of the welthier looking people. dT and Ry talked for a bit before Mugen finnaly sat down on the other side of Ry.

"Well this sure is a nice place you picked," Mugen made a gesture around and looked at the bartender "So I guess I'll have something fancy, like one of those imported wines or something,"

"You don't look like you can afford it boy!" The bartender was a chubby man with a leather skin it seemed.

"Well I'm not paying," Mugen leaned back and looked at dT, "Isn't that right?"

"Well just so long as you don't try to sneak off..." He pulled down a bottle and picked up a glass.

"Just the bottle please," Mugen reached across the counter and took it out of his hand.

The bartender just sort of looked sideways at Mugen before sighing and going back to dT and Ry.

10. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Ah! How thoughtful of you Mugen! This is my favorite vintage!" dT intercepted the bottle from the bartender. "Barkeep, a shot of grog for my friend here."

dT couldn't read Mugen's feelings, but he guessed that he was pretty pissed. After finishing his grog he went to go mingle with some of the more wealthy patrons of the bar. He didn't have to wonder why. Mugen... he thought to himself Whatever you do, don't bite off more than you can chew.... He realized even if he had spoken this advice, the theif would pay it no heed. Better to sit back and watch.

Sipping on the imported wine from so and so vineyards, he watched Mugen with one eye, while he small-talked with Ry. It wasn't long before he saw a man confront the theif. Getting up, he motioned for Ry to follow. This might be trouble...

"You're pretty quick, but you should know better than to steal from a beggar," the man said calmly.

"Kiss my ass you ugly bastard!" growled Mugen as he freed himself and swatted the mans drink into his face.

The man wiped the wine from his face, "You're lucky that wasn't very good wine, or I'd be angry."

"So what? You think I care about pissing off some old idiot?" Mugen sent back. Very creative dT thought.

dT was thinking about stepping in, but he decided otherwise. Best to watch until it got physical "How did it come to this?" muttered muttered the man.

"Come to what?" asked Mugen. dT knew the answer, and Mugen found out at his neck snapped to the side. Go time.

"Meet me outside," said the man, half arrogantly, half calmly. "And if you value your life or your pride you should bring your friends too."

dT shook his head, the crowd was ready for a fight, but he wasn't. Neither he nor Mugen knew anything about this opponent. But he'd half to step in, the man had even suggested it.

The man yanked out a mean-looking sword, still in its scabbard. Arrogant son of a whore.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come at me, both of you," said the man impatiently.

dT raised an eyebrow, turning to Mugen: "If we survive this, i will severly kick your ass."

"What? We don't get to know our victims name? Why, when i'm done with you, not even your mother will recognize you." dT said. Match arrogance with arrogance.

The man bit his lip. "Hex."

"What? And i thought I had a queer name." dT spat into the dirt. "Now I know you'd like to impress your friends here, but i really suggest you take your sword out. No one, not even I will think less of you."

The man smiled arrogantly.

"So you are one of those. A pretty boy, I mean. You really make me sick. Feel free to make the first move, for my first move might be the last one you see with your body intact."

11. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Before Darius could respond there was a commotion at a table not far from theirs. Apparently some would be thief tried to rob a man who looked more or less like a beggar. The scene soon became a typical 'let's take this outside' situation, and Brightside got his feet to watch the upcoming fight.

"Fifty on the old beggar to win." Brightside spoke, leaning against the outside wall puffing on his cigarette. "Any takers?"

He inhaled deep, the smoke filling his lungs, his hand twitched.

12. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Ry had no time to order her drink; men were doing what they did best... make idiot's out of themselves while trying to prove strength. While everyone seemed to be paying attention to the commotion between the men, Ry grabbed one of the girls and put a hand over her mouth "Shh" she said, and smiled as she dragged the girl out back. "Let's make this quick, okay?" the girl stared at Ry with a confused look. "No no no.. I don't like that face. Please, don't make me scare you." the girl frowned. Ry took out her knife, which seemed to come out of no where, and put it up to the girl's heart. She made little circular motions with the blade. "Ah, that's better" Ry said at the girls look of terror... and with a swift flick of the wrist she slit the girls throat.

After rummaging through the girl's pockets and finding a sizable amount of moolah, she returned inside the pub, to find it empty. Everyone was now standing outside. So Ry decided to ransack the place. Then she remembered that she had no pockets, and her jacket got blood on it so she left it out back with the body. "Damn, I really gotta get a bag."

"Fifty on the old beggar" Ry heard... or something similar she wasn't listening really. "Any takers?" She laughed so hard that she got tears in her eyes. People were staring...

"What?" She shrugged and wiped her eyes, smearing her makeup even more than she already had that day. She kicked some dirt, waiting for dT and Mugen to fight this character who had previously announced himself as Hex.

Ry got bored before the fight even started and decided to take a walk down the road. She stopped and sat down on a trash can, just in eyesight of the commotion. She took Catherine out of her pocket. "Hey Cathy.. remember that one time we killed that religious leader and then burned down his temple? Now THAT was a good time." She sighed and put Catherine away again.

13. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Darius Was about to ask BrightSide if he had any thing going on at the moment but something caught the corner of his eye.

He knew the man who had just entered to sit with a slender but athletic built female. He had dealings with him sometime in the past and remembered him as quite a dangerous man for a human. Hex was his name if he could remember it right. Darius also remembered that they fought but for what reason he couldn’t remember. He also knew that surviving after fighting against him said something for the mans fighting prowess. Darius always had wondered what a man like Hex could be capable of if he could live only a few more centuries with out falling to human age frailties. At that moment Darius knew he would also like to speak with that man also.

Before he could make any hard contacts in the bar, the man he was watching had almost started a riot. People pulled weapons and raced for the door flinging tables and chairs in every direction. Bar girls tried to save glasses and mug but decided it would be better just to get out of the way.

Darius made his way quickly out the door and watched the people gathering in the street. He walked around the crowd and into a side ally. Looking left and right he leaped from the ground to the roof top and perched him self looking down at the crowd with his cloak around him as if he was now no more then a perched gargoyle. His night eyes could only be noticed over his cloak like a wolf as he watched the crowd below.

What this, he said to himself. He watched a young woman around the age of 30 or so exits the bar to its rear. She was not alone he could tell and who ever was with her was quite scarred. The vampire could almost taste the fear from the girl held a knife point.

The blade flash quickly in the night. Darius could feel the girls' shock of disbelief as her life giving blood spilled from her body. Darius knew that most people would have thought that fear of death would be a person last emotion but time and time again it surprised him that it was denial of this happening to them that ended as there last thought, as if they would awake soon from there nightmare. Watching the young women with heavy eye make up, pilfer the pockets of the dead, Darius spoke quietly to himself, “interesting.”

From a distance the vampires' interest had changed once again. A sudden flash of light and a distant thump of drums could be found in the hi-wind that he would have never of found if he was on the ground.

He moved quickly towards the sound leaping from roof top to roof top. The sound of battle horns rang out in the distance calling the town to arms. Flames shot up from the towns wooden defenses and as the vampire got closer he could make out sudden screams. Below people scrambled too but on amour from leaving their warm beds and battle horses carrying men, raced down streets towards the outer wall. Before the vampire reached the gate he could see soldiers holding blood soaked rages and screaming, “Too the wall, Dark fort is attacking!”

So it was when the vampire reached the wooden defenses he looked out on hoards of unranked monstrosities approaching the town. Human magic users could also be witnessed in the distance creating small balls of wizard’s fire that only grew and ravaged everything in there path including any mutants who was unfortunate enough to be standing in the path of fire as it raced for the towns defenses.

“Shit,” Darius spoke out then made his way quickly back towards the port and ship that lay in wait. Now he needed to move quickly he reasoned. When he arrived back the fight was still underway apparently the news of the battle had not reached this far into the town.
    Darius stood on the roof top and looked down. He then leaped into the fight and gathered everyone’s attention,

“We need to move now if any one wishes to live,” he spoke.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "So you are one of those. A pretty boy, I mean. You really make me sick. Feel free to make the first move, for my first move might be the last one you see with your body intact." said the blue haired man.

Hex smiled, "I think it would be a crime to call me pretty, but regardless I'll try to make this easy..."

"Bring it on old man!" said the grungy thief.

Hex didn't need further invitation, with speed few could match he rushed forward. The two managed to ready themselves in time to assure he wouldn't kill them, though he had no intention of that. The blue haired one shot his spear forward, Hex guided the head of it down, then swung his sheathed sword hard, clocking the spearman on the side of the head. The thief swung his blade with a mean streak, Hex shifted his weight to the side, then blasted the swordsman in the solar plexus with a thrust of his long 'sword.'

His opponents both regained their composure faster than Hex had imagined. The thief twisted and spun, his legs moving like a whirling fan. Hex stepped back to avoid this, but had to quickly duck to avoid taking a spear thrust to the face. The blade of the weapon managed to graze his cheek, Hex smiled as he took a swing for the man. The spearman caught the weapon, the long one, and managed to twist it loose of Hex's grip.

"Now we're talking," said the man as he attempted to free the weapon from its scabbard, but no luck.

Hex ignored it, passing the blade of the thief, then spun behind him and positioned himself for a wild throw. In a moment the thief hit the ground hard and bounced. The spearman had since dropped the weapon and picked up his spear again. He thrusted and spun the weapon, Hex avoided every strike, waiting for the right moment before knocking the spear loose and picking up his weapon and placing both back at his hip.

"There's a trick to this scabbard, without knowing it you can't draw this weapon, sorry to disappoint," said Hex. He looked at the crowd, "Guess it's time to go..."

Suddenly they were all greeted by the vampire, Darius, as he jumped into the center of them, stopping the thief in his tracks as he moved in to attack Hex again. “We need to move now if any one wishes to live,” he spoke.

Hex shot a look over to the spearman, "You heard him, grab your weapon, I'm assuming you'll need it."

The spearman complied after a moment of deciding if he wanted to listen to Hex or this man or not. "How many?" asked Hex, able to tell by the general concern in the vampire's voice that the town was under assault.

"Too many," answered Darius.

Hex nodded and waved Amber over. When she reached him he looked over to Darius again, ignoring the crowd that had dispersed largely upon picking up on the sounds of battle. "On your lead," said Hex to the vampire, effectively putting himself and this girl who was something like his partner in the company of the creature of the night.

15. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio watched the fight with interest. Something finally exciting was happening. Kirio studied the strange man, who's name was apparently Hex, if he heard the whispers right. Kirio could tell that Hex had had a lot of combat experience. He moved through his attacks swiftly and efficiently, knocking his two opponents to the ground.

Very interesting, Kirio thought.

Kir turned his attention on the woman. He needed to approach her, and see if his suspicions as to who she was were correct. He decided to wait and talk to her after the fight. Kirio watched as the blue-haired man and the little thief made their retaliations. They weren't too shabby, but Kir thought they were foolish for picking a fight with someone like this Hex character.

The hair on the back of Kirio's neck suddenly stood up straight. Something wasn't right. The air was dark, and wreaked of violence. Kirio felt a presence behind him, and looked up just in time to see a darkly garbed man leap off a roof and into the middle of the fray. There was something about this man, he was different than everyone that was assembled watching the fight. Maybe it was the dark clothing, or maybe it was the stark white hair. Or maybe it was fangs Kirio noticed when he opened his mouth to speak.

The vampire seemed upset.

“We need to move now if any one wishes to live,” he spoke.

"How many?" the man called Hex asked.

"Too many," the vampire answered grimly.

That was when Kirio heard the horns. The deep calls erupting from the battle horns, held by the hands of monster's, mutants. Dead Town was under attack.

Kirio ran into the alley behind him, and climbed up onto a roof. He dashed along the rooftops over to the town's gates, and stared in shock at the horizon. Hordes of creature's, strange, deformed creature's were moving towards the city. His questioning of the woman would have to wait.

Kirio put on a grim expression. He sat down on the roof, and prepared himself for the bloodshed that was to come.

16. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside was annoyed at the fight's interruption, he knew the beggar would have easily torn the others apart. He cast his gaze at Darius, his displeasure easily detected in his eyes.
    Suddenly everyone was dispersing. Either afraid for their pathetic lives or gone to take up arms.

Just slightly curious. Brightside joined Darius on the roof, looking out to the oncoming waves of mutants and beasts. "I like the odds." he said as a knife seemed to appear in his hand.

Brightside did not care one bit for the safety of the town, nor any conflicts that have ever plagued the lands. He fought just for one reason, he liked to kill.

He finished off the cigarette, and lit another, a second knife flashed in his other hand. He stood on the roof, blades idly twirling.

17. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Having no reason not to trust hex, Amber walked over with her large Axe resting upon her shoulder. She looked over the one who had interrupted the fight. Never had she come upon one like him before and really know what to think of him. Turning back to Hex she could tell that he knew this cloaked figure some how and that was enough for her.

When she heard the distant screams and the sounds of fighting, something about it made her heart begin to beat faster and harder. Looking back to Hex for a second " I need to see whats going on" she spoke up " It may be the ones I'm after! I have to find out" she continued as she started to hurry off towards the horrid sounds of fighting. In the back of her mind she remembered what her 'Father' had said about the days before he had found her.

" A Terrible army of creatures I had never seen the likes of came marching through. They were deformed in terrible ways and they only seamed to know one thing...how to Kill! "

"But Father, why do you tell me this now?"

" Amber, I fallowed those creatures from a safe distance and after days of traveling i heard the sounds of a village near by coming under attack. Thous creatures attacked with out mercy destroying and murdering at will... No one was left alive and no home was left unburnt. I had never seen such destruction before in my life. By the time morning came the army of deformed creatures had left. When i reached the Village to see for myself what had been done I heard the soft cries of a baby coming from a basket that was hidden not far from the remains of what i think was a home... That baby was you Amber! "

Her fathers words rang in her ears, as the fire of hatred of the things he had described to her burned even brighter. " They will pay for what they have done! This i vow" she spoke up as she ran closer and closer towards the sounds of battle.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  18. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio took a deep breath and stood. He gazed out at the creatures, trying to estimate their numbers. His attempt failed, there were just too many. He took another breath, calling the spells he was going to use to mind. Having prepared himself, he surveyed the surrounding town.

The citizens, having been called to arms, ran to the gates to take up formation. Kirio looked down to the road. He inhaled sharply. There was the woman with the axe, that oh so familiar axe. He supposed now was as good a time as ever. He stretched his legs and jumped off the roof, landing in front of her.

She slid to a stop, looking ready to fight. Kirio held up his hands calmly.

"Tell me," he said. "Is that the ax of Borin you have on your back?"

19. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Running down an alleyway, Amber slid to a stop when the elf from 'The Cutlass' jumped down from a roof and landed just in front of her blocking her path. She had no time for conversations and was about to shove him out of her way when he raised his hands up calmly and spoke "Tell me," he said. "Is that the ax of Borin you have on your back?" .

" Out of my way...Elf!" she nearly spat out as she went to budge past him so she could get to the gates. Just then it hit her " Who are you to speak of my father in such a familiar fashion? " she questioned him suddenly.

20. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    dT spat on the ground. Whether the fight had been finshed or not, this Hex character had one the fight. Hex knew it. Mugen knew it. So did dT. This random character had entered before it could finsh, but he certainly had one.

"You heard him, grab your weapon, I'm assuming you'll need it." Hex said, turning to face him, adding-on to the strange character's advice.

dT complied not knowing why. He didn't know this city at all, and he certainly didn't know what all this meant. He guessed there was some sort of attack on the city, but how could he be certain?

How many?" asked Hex. He asked like asking 'how many what?' but dT kept his mouth shut.

"Too many," answered the man.

The victor waved a woman over. With that he simply said, "On your lead." to the one who had broken up the fight.

"I hate to be a spoil sport but what the frack are we getting ready for!?" dT shot out.