Barteris-Shards of an Iron crown..

Discussion in 'RPG # 16 - Barteris' started by Wolf star *, Aug 10, 2008.

1. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Walking along Hex for awhile in silence, She wasn't expecting to actually get paid for simply helping someone out. In truth all of this was new to her " Is this how you earn your living? " she asked simply as she continued to look at the money he had given her.

Looking around she realised that she had forgotten all about her cloak and inched a bit closer to Hex. According to her people she wasn't all that attractive and her appearance always seamed to be a sensitive subject " Shit I forgot my cloak! Now what am I to hide myself with?" she muttered under her breath on the subject. Looking around she could see and feel all kinds of eyes on her " hey all probably think I'm hideous as well" she muttered under her breath once again. drawing her free arm around her middle she silently fell back behind Hex for the rest of their walk.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "Is this how you earn your living?" Amber asked as they walked, looking at the coins he'd given her.

"No, normally I just beg for money or food from passers by," said Hex, "this was a particularly lucrative venture." He had to chuckle at that, the coins they had between them would be enough that they could eat and drink for a week if spent responsibly. As they walked Amber slowly fell behind him, although he wasn't going at a particularly quick pace. She almost seemed embarrassed, a lovely young woman traveling with a scruffy vagrant it made sense to be embarrassed, he wondered what had brought her to this place all things considered.

He couldn't dwell on it long, he had a few more things that he needed to consider. He had a sneaking suspicion that they were being followed, although there wasn't much to support that feeling. Still, instinct was usually right in his experience, he'd have to keep an eye out. They approached the same general area where he'd seen the sword thief earlier, he didn't know why he'd led Amber here, he must have been more curious than he'd thought. Luckily one of the better pubs in town was located nearby, he was able to make that an excuse to himself for coming back here, although he was still curious about the thief and the blue haired man who had asked the thief for a drink.

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio looked down at the odd pair from atop one of the town's rundown roofs. They certainly weren't up to much. Actually, it didn't look like they were up to anything at all. They weren't a very exciting pair, as abnormal as they seemed to him. He shrugged. All would reveal itself in time. He stifled a yawn and sat down in a shadow provided by an old chimney, still watching.

4. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Darius moved through the Fighting as smooth as flowing water, avoiding flashing weapons and flying bodies with ease. With in the first few moments of the fighting a third of the forced contestant who had acted to slowly or had been caught unaware was already holding mortal wounds and nursing severed limbs. The cries of pain mixed with the smells of fear and blood couldn’t have been better for the vampire. Darius soaked up every horrible emotion with savagery.

He caused some with his abilities to believe that they were seeing their worst nightmare, victims of there past or perhaps demons of there own creation. What ever they fought in there heads, it was of no matter to him. What mattered were results. He was able to slip a blade in and cut them down with little or no challenge. Some tried teaming up on others only to find a blade in their back when there short term partner could find an advantage.

Some teams worked that have been fighting together for years. Darius watched as a team of large hill men worked in sink. One would hold back others with a large double edged sword covered in rust wile his partner crushed his smaller victim. He had what looked like a thief or street beggar cornered. The raggedy thief tried to hold back the brut with only a small dagger, waving it from left to right wile he looked for an escape. The large hill man smirked to himself knowing that the small thief couldn’t possibly survive when he swung around with his spiked war hammer. Darius thought it would be fun to see what would happen if he evened the odds just a little.

The hill man was toying with the thief, pushing him towards the wall. He then reached back as far as he could. The hammer was poised to crush the thief’s skull in one blow.

Darius moved fast and with all agility as his kind was known for. He flashed his sword low and didn’t stop.

The hill man thought a sudden gust of wind and nothing more had brushed his legs as Darius flashed by. Suddenly he felt a sudden pain and found himself falling like a tree. He had know time to notice that he had been hamstrung when he had fell. Because his intended victim like any thief took any advantage he could with out question.

The thief leaped onto the giant of a man with his dagger going to work. With a hand full of hair he reached around and sliced him from ear too ear. With out stopping he leaped at the hill mans partner.

The fighting slowed down as opponents became few as there was only five left standing.

From above a bone horn sounded causing every one to look up. Agarash raised one hand “that is enough, you may stop.”

With battle lust and anger they were hesitant to stop. A slim man tried to take one final swing with his ax but fell dead as a lightning bolt stuck and ripped through his chest. Emanating from Agarash hand, Darius could see the power in Agarash’s eyes under his dark hood as sparks red power danced from one finger tip too another.

“You have survived and what I am about to tell you must never leave this room under penalty of death. If you wish to leave now, then leave.” Agarash looked as if he had returned back into a more relaxed state.

“We want none of your games,” agreed the other three survivors. Darius stood back marking himself out from the rest.

“Let us out!”

Agarash looked down “as you wish.”

At the rear of the chamber a metal bound door swung open. The group of men started to make there way towards the exit.

“You wish to stay?” Asked Agarash towards Darius.

“lets just say you peaked my interest,” Darius pulled his hood up to his face hiding himself in darkness.

“Good, come we have things to discuses,” Agarash motioned towards another door.

The door the three men had just exited closed but not before Darius witnessed one turn around quickly. His eyes bulged and tried to get back before the door sealed, “no way out,” he shouted just as the door sealed the three men in. Darius could hear pounding from the other side and shouting. The pounding was then replaced by screams.

Just before he exited into his own door Darius could feel their horrors. Then the quickness of their deaths. He didn’t care about their death only that he couldn’t enjoy it more. He licked his fingers and slid them along his brow.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  5. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside stood leaning against the outside of the pub, his face calm, collected, his eyes bright. He was casually shuffling a deck of cards, eyes shifting one way then the next. He suddenly pulled out a card, tossed it into the air and threw a small blade in all what seemed to be one swift motion. The knife hit the card then stuck into one of the posts holding up the overhanging porch.

"Ace of spades."

He reached a long slender arm forward and pulled out the blade and took the card, sliding into the breast pocket of his black suit. Brightside slipped the the dagger back into its sheath under his sleeve and reached into the pockets of his slacks, pulling out a zippo. He struck it, the flame burning bright, reflecting in his blue eyes. He stared into it for a few moments before bringing it to the unlit cigarette in his mouth. He puffed a couple of times, closed the lighter a putting it back into his pocket, before taking a long, deep drag, exhaling a cloud of smoke that hung around his head like a fog before dissipating into the air.

"I wonder what kind of action this town has." He said shuffling the deck of cards again.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  6. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Mugen turned his head sideways and looked over the girl. She seemed a little crazy but if she had money to buy a drink then she'd be nice to have around.

"Well I believe you might need a drink, the way you look," Mugen gave a small grin.

"What's that supposed to mean?” The girl was almost angered by the comment but because of the way this guy seemed to be just another drunken loser, she'd let it slide.

"Well I'm just suggesting that you-" Mugen had inched his way towards the blue haired man while using the conversation as a distraction.

Mugen then dropped low and kicked the man in the shin, followed with a wild sort of move where he pushed himself up and over the man before kicking him in the head. The man's money was his, what little he had.

"God! Why'd you have to do that?!" Asked the half-way stunned man.

"Because I'm thirsty and you're a sucker,” Mugen gave him the finger and motioned the girl to run for the docks.

The blue haired warrior wasn't about to let the scrawny thief get away with his money though but they had a head start so he'd have to hurry...

7. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The room was small and lit only lightly by small oil filled lamps. Shields and other pieces of armaments lined the walls. In the center of the room was a long meeting table surrounded by six chairs. Other then the rest of the building this room appeared to be in decent condition only dust and cob webs clung to the walls and furniture. Darius stood for only a moment noticing no other person in the room. He then sat down and placed his boots comfortably on the long table before him. He then pulled his dagger and made it look as if he was just casually cleaning his nails. Not that his nails had any dirt under them but he wanted to have his weapon in hand.

Across the room Agarash walked in alone as a secretly hidden door pull back and disappeared into the wall. He approached the table but didn’t make any move to seat him self. His face was still hidden by his hood as he spoke.

“We the one of old, seek adventures out side of our influence. As you should be well aware of, I myself am a member of the ancient council.” Agarash waited a moment so that all the information sunk in.

“And,” spoke Darius as if more interested in his nails, pushing them at a distance to see that they looked even.

Agarash continued as if the vampires’ casual manner didn’t bother him at all, “As you may or may not know there is a war being fought, even at this moment. One we may not win.”

“Wars come and go, what concern is it of mine?”

“It would mean servitude and the end of the world of men. The one who has fallen from our brethren would see every human placed in chains and made twisted into his own image.”

Darius placed his dagger tip first into the table allowing the finely made steel to sink in, “why don’t you call him by his real name? And as you can see I am not human.’

Agarash moved closer towards Darius placing his hand inside his robe. “This is what we need,” he then placed a seal envelope on the table so that Darius could reach it with ease.

Darius picked up the broke the wax sealed letter. His eyes bulged as he scanned the parchment. “It is a suicide mission!”

“It is our only chance. We have already arranged ships passage with a brigadier to take you and who ever you may need for your crew. The ship lies in anchor in the port captained by a notorious pirate going by the name Blade. The ships name is the Nox. It will take you too the first island, were we believe the first key is hidden.”

Darius placed the letter in his pocket then stood eye to eye, “what’s in it for me.”

Agarash smiled under his dark hooded robe.

After some time in discussion Darius left the building and headed for a local inn. He felt even in a darker mood as if that was possible for the night walker. Before he noticed he was at his destination.

A sprawling of dilapidated buildings set in front of a sat water port that had been cobbled together and with sagging roofs made it looked as if it would blow down in the next storm. Over the entrance of the building hung a faded sign that swung on a rusted rod. Darius could only make out the faded name (The cutlass).

8. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    No sooner than they'd arrived at the pub, Hex was dismayed to learn that the pub he'd decided on, the Pint'a'plenty, was closed. He sighed and scratched the back of his head, they'd just done a whole lot of walking for absolutely nothing. "Well, I guess we won't be getting anything here..." Hex muttered.

"Do you know of any other places?" asked Amber.

"None that are any better than the others, or that are really close," said Hex, then a thought occurred to him. He'd been curious about that thief and the blue haired man before, this would be an excuse to see about them. "Hey you, bum!" he shouted to a man who sat in the nearby gutter.

"Eh? What the hell do you want?" asked the bum.

Hex tossed down one of his coins, "A scrawny thief and a blue haired man, they were around here about an hour and a half ago, where did they go?"

"Oh, my apologies for earlier, didn't know you were looking for someone," said the bum as he quickly grabbed the coin. "Blue hair and thief eh? Yeah they left a while ago, the thief nabbed the blue hair's wallet, they had a woman with them too."

"Woman eh? Interesting, which way did they end up going?" asked Hex.

"If I remember right they went toward the docks, blue hair chasing the thief and the woman," said the bum, his eyes flashed to Amber for a second. "They friends of yours?"

"I don't know, you see I've never actually met them, but I'd like to have a talk with them," said Hex.

"I see, you forming a party?" asked the bum.

"Not that I'm aware of," said Hex as he abruptly walked away, Amber paused for a second, stunned at how quickly he ended the conversation and followed.

"Thanks for the coin swordsman!" shouted the bum as they left. Hex didn't reply.

After a few moments they were right back at the docks again, and all life in this part of town, now that the five hands had been killed, was revolving around one place. It was another pub, not as nice as the one Hex had had in mind, but good enough. The sign was faded, and Hex didn't care enough to note it's name, but a second sign on the interior revealed its name to be 'The Cutlass.' He had a strong feeling that the people he was looking for would be in here, and upon noting a peculiar aura of one man in particular he believed he had come here for a reason he hadn't even comprehended, this would be interesting indeed...

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio stood up, the sound of voices alerting him. He watched from his rooftop perch as the odd man conversed with a homeless man about a thief, blue haired man, and a woman. Interesting. Very interesting. The odd man tossed the homeless man a coin, and walked off toward the docks, the strange woman behind him.

Kirio waited until they were a safe distance away. He then jumped off the roof, landed, and rolled to absorb some of the impact. He arose, dusting himself off, and set off at a brisk pace down the road.

About 10 minutes later, he found himself at the city's dock area. He watched from an alleyway as the pair walked into a pub. Kirio walked into the street, preparing to walk into the pub, but stopped.

"Maybe I'm getting too involved," he thought. "Maybe I need to mind my own pathetic business and leave this town."

But there was something about them that Kirio couldn't abandon. They were different, from anyone he had ever seen before. He had to learn more. Just had to.

"Besides," he thought to himself, "I don't think a drink would hurt anything."

With that thought, he walked up to The Cutlass, opened the door, and entered.

10. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Can I help you?" dT said as a new character slid between him and the thug.

"Probably not, but I'll follow you around until I figure that out for myself." nodded the newcomer with a thin, catlike smile.

"Who are you?" he said, wondering if this character was out to kill them, or just overly trusting.

"Me? Well. That's a very difficult question! You see, I don't really know who I am. It sort of... changes!.. on a day to day basis. Today, I am just a gal looking for something to wet my whistle with. Know where I can get a drink? Hmm?"

"Well, i could be asking you the same thing..." dT said with a sideways smile. "I'm as new to this.. place.. as you seem to be."

After some average chatter, dT was shocked as this bastard theif attacked him, for no reason, so it seemed. It was funny what some people would do for some pocket change. Motioning for the woman to follow him, the man was off in a flash.

dT laughed aloud. This little punk thought he could get a free drink off of him. He would have bought the little bastard a drink, but now, he was having second thoughts.

In a single fluid motion, dT unlatched his spear from his back and slid it into the thief's heel. It wouldn't cause any permant damage, he HOPED. It would just immobilize him for long enough for dT to get his money back.

Nodding to the newcomer he said, "Ah.. this should only take a second." Then he ran over to retrive what little money he had. Grabbing his money and spear, dT looked down at the man. "Get up, you slob. You're making a scene."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  11. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside took another deep drag, then flicked the butt to the side before exhaling. He shuffled the deck once more, putting the cards away and taking out a small knife, tossing it in the air and catching it repeatedly. Boredom was settling in, not something he cared for.

He breathed in, "Ah, the sea. There is always a game or two down at the docks.", his voice low, smooth.

He left the empty pub and casually strolled down the dusty street towards the docks, fedora pulled down low, still tossing his bladed into the air, catching it without any effort at all.

A while later, Brightside arrived at his intended destination, the smell of the sea air, however rotten here, made his fingers twitch. Sailors loved to gamble almost as much as he did. He slipped the knife into its sheath at the back of his belt, his long black suit jacket concealing it from view. He shifted his gaze one way then the next.

"Hmm, 'The Cutlass'? Looks like a run-down heap. Ah well, might as well see if anyone is up for a game."

He slid his hands into his pants' pockets and made his way to the pub, reaching the door he lifted a long slender leg, pushing the door open with his foot, before walking in.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  12. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    One of the guys dropped low and kicked the other in the shin, followed with a wild sort of move where he pushed himself up and over the man before kicking him in the head. The thief stole the victim's money.

"God! Why'd you have to do that?!" Asked the half-way stunned man.

"Because I'm thirsty and you're a sucker,” the thief gave him the finger and motioned the girl to run for the docks.

Ry looked at the guy who got his money stolen and put her hand over mouth. Her eyes conveyed a sort of "Oh my" expression.

The victim unlatched his spear from his back and slid it into the thief's heel.

Nodding to Ry, the now attacker, once victim said "Ah.. this should only take a second." Then he ran over to retrieve his goods. "Get up, you slob. You're making a scene."

Ry sat down in the dirt and watched the two men. She crossed her legs and giggled a little. Taking her knife out, she stopped paying attention to the men and started drawing in the dirt. She waited for the outcome, knowing it could come any second. She played in the dirt, getting her black gloves dirty. She clapped her hands a few times and the dust puffed in the air.

13. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    dT looked down at the man, and watched as he slowly got up. "Yah know, if you're going to pick a fight with someone, make sure they're unarmed first. Jeez. Theifs these days."

The man just rolled his eyes as he started to walk away. dT grabbed his sleeve. "Just because you try to steal my money doesn't mean i won't buy you a drink. It doesn't look like company comes easily in this town, so now that we've been aquanited, we might as well have a beer. That is if your parents will let you stay out this late.."

The man gritted his teeth. He could tell he was trying hard not to attack him again. "Yeah, whatever. Just get me a fracking drink."

dT smiled, and then rolled his eyes back at the stranger.

Walking back over to the girl, he smiled, wondering what in the world she was doing. "Hey miss!, yah mind if i buy yah a drink?"

14. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    "Hey miss!, yah mind if i buy yah a drink?" Ry turned her head slightly and squinted her eyes at the man.

"If you tell me your name you can buy me a drink."

She thought to herself about the first time she killed a person. The girl's eyes were full of tears and she called Ry something that Ry had never been called... or at least since then... she had called Ry her actual name. Ry took a knife and cut the girls tongue out. "I won't have to worry about you calling me that again." The girl was tied to a chair. Ry simply sat and watched the girl die, either from choking on her own blood or from loss of blood.

Waiting for the man's answer, Ry held her knife in her hand awaited the moment when no one was looking, so she could hide it. She stood up and stared at the man.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  15. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "Ah, of course. dT. My name is dT." he answered with a relaxed shrug.

The woman nodded as the third of their trio approached. "And my name's Mugen!" the man said enthusiactically.

dT stared at him for a second. "Alrigh Mugen, yah know where we can get a decent drink around here?"

Mugen stared back. "No. This is my first time here, too."

dT shrugged again. "We'll find a place if we just walk along long enough.

Turning around to see if the girl was still following, dT said, "I just realized i don't even know YOUR name. So... what do they call you?"

16. LadyRaven

LadyRaven Sanzo's girl

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Walking into 'The Cutlass' Amber walked a head of Hex griping onto the handle of her Ax tightly as she looked around for a seat. She wasn't all that sure about this place but if anything happened she knew Hex was here so its should be alright... right?

Making her way to a empty table she set the Ax down onto the floor with the handle leaning against the table at her side. Leaning back in her chair she crossed her arms across her chest while she waited for Hex to enter behind her. She hoped it would be soon by the looks of the place.

17. olivia_the_lamb

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    "Ah, of course. dT. My name is dT." the man answered, shrugging.

Ry nodded and frowned slightly as the other approached them. "And my name's Mugen!" he said enthusiactically. Ry just raised her eyebrows and nodded again. She started to space out again until dT addressed her.

"I just realized i don't even know YOUR name. So... what do they call you?" he asked her.

"My name.. my.. hmm.." Ry looked from side to side. "Actually, ah, just call me Ry. That'll work just fine." She nodded and they headed to.. somewhere, she didn't know; she was just along for the ride... for now.

18. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Brightside strolled through the pub, ignoring any looks cast his way caused by his unusual entrance. He stopped in the middle of the room, eyes shifted one way then the other. Before settling himself down at a table. He flicked the brim of his fedora up slightly, he reached inside his jacket and pulled out a fresh pack of cards and a cigarette. Setting the cards on the table he lifted the cig to his lips and held it there, not lighting it.

He began to shuffle the new deck, just as a young woman entered the pub carrying a rather large ax, he watched as she took a seat. "Interesting." Was all he said before he began shuffling again.

A moment or two passed by before Brightside called out to the local patrons of "The Cutlass".

"How 'bout a game?"

"Sure, I'm up for one." A heavy set man joined him at his table, followed by a couple of his friends. "What's the game?"

"Five card draw. Sound good to you?"

"Sure."

"Just to warn you, I hardly ever lose."

"Whatever you say pretty boy, just deal the cards."

Brightside stoically shuffled and dealt. The game went on for quite some time, before the heavy set man tossed the table over.

"You're a cheat! There's no way in hell I'm givin' away any of my money to a cheat!"

Calmly, Brightside got to his feet, and slowly walked over to the man, looking down at him from under his hat. In the blink of an eye a knife was at the man's throat.

"I. Never. Cheat." he said in a cool and collected voice. "I will be taking my winnings one way or the other." Casually he slid the edge along the man's flabby neck, leaving a thin red line, the blade just barely cutting into his skin.

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Kirio looked around the pub. Not much to report. It was small, a little run down, and smelt of ale and old cheese. Kir made his way over to a small table in the corner of the pub, about 10 feet to the right of the door.

A young barmaid approached him.

"Something to drink sir?" she asked politely.

"Erh, just a water, please and thank you."

The barmaid smiled and went and fetched Kir his drink. He gave her 3 small coins, and sent her on her way. Kirio surveyed the crowd, searching for the strange people. He caught sight of the woman just by seeing her axe, she was sitting at a table, arms folded. Her companion was still standing. They still weren't up to much, but Kir had an ominous feeling in the pit of his stomach. He slowly sipped his water.

Suddenly, a man in an expensive looking suit walked in, took a seat, and started shuffling a deck of cards. He then called out to the pub, asking if anyone was interested in a game. Kir watched as a fat buffoon took him up on his offer. A while later, the oaf threw the table over, proclaiming the man in the suit a cheat. In an instant, the man was up, a blade in his hand. The two appeared to talk for a moment, fire in their eyes, and Kir caught the end of their conversation.

"I. Never. Cheat."

Hm..Kir thought.More interesting folks. He slid down in his seat a bit. This curiosity was beginning to annoy him.

20. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Mugen had been rubbing his heel and sitting since the spear pierced him. He didn't even listen to the guy who did it, except for the drinking part, until he addressed the girl. Mugen jumped up and introduced himself but she seemed to space out. Mugen heard their two names, dT and Ry...easy enough to remember.

Mugen sucked up his minor pain and addressed dT, "So if I play nice you'll get me some grub?"

dT didn't even look but said, "Can't you see we're trying to have a conversation? Now I may buy you something if you apologize and promise to be a good little thief,"

"I'm not a thief, just hungry as hell," Mugen sighed, "I don't need your charity but I never turn down an offer for some drinks or food,"

"I said I might if you apologized and no where in there did you say 'sorry',” The blue haired spearman laughed a little towards the end.

"Well I will apologize for the low blow but not the money part," Mugen hoped it'd be enough.

Ry giggled at the two quarreling men and played around with her weapon. Mugen got no response quickly but finally dT spoke up.

"I will overlook your attempt and accept your apology," dT went back to talking to Ry.

"It wasn't an apology," Mugen muttered where the two couldn't hear.

dT and Ry started to walk off and Mugen followed, kicking at the dirt as he went.