Banned for Nothing?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Padmé, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Right, I’m going to remain as civil and polite as possible in this, despite this nonsense that has happened. As I now hear it, I was banned for just more than a day because apparently Anakin and Sky had a small issue, and I do say small cause I read it all myself and I think both Anakin and Sky exaggerated greatly on this. What I fail to understand is why I was banned while I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

From what I heard, when Anakin was suspended he used my account to pm Sky to get his message across and try to fix the situation. Then it was sorted out, suspension was lifted, but because of a joke Anakin made, Sky once again banned him, and me along with him.

Now, I do not care if Anakin is banned to tell you the truth, but I think it is ridiculous that an Admin would willingly ban the girlfriend of a member he is having a small issue with just because we use the same computer.

I had nothing to do with this and I expect a sincere apology for it. The reason was ‘Failure to secure account password’. Is that really worth banning a member for? I feel extremely insulted about this as I had nothing to do with it.

Now what I very much expect is not only will I not receive an apology from Sky concerning this, but that I will probably be blamed for one reason or another. I don’t care what you and Anakin were arguing about, nothing to do with me, so leave me out of these stupid things in future! Anakin and I share a computer, shoot me! We both use different internet browsers that remember our passwords automatically, that’s how we can both stay online at once. So that is why there was a ‘failure’ to secure the password. But this doesn’t matter, it was not a decent reason to ban me. I even think banning Anakin was just a step too far, but banning me was just the proof of how inconsiderate and irrational you were in this situation. Now I’m posting this here because I was not sure where else to post it, and I do think it is a forum issue especially after the members we have discussed it with, along with many other issues that doesn’t concern us but them. So this is not just our problem. But I will not go on about it in any other sections of the forum, only here cause I want this situation sorted out.

I think it is just terrible that it has come this far, but like I said, it should have remained between you and Anakin, leave me out of these things! I’m not interested in them. I post here sporadically as it is, but I have been a decent member and I do not deserve this kind of treatment, especially from an Admin. Now if other Admins and mods want to cower away from this because it involves Sky then that is fine, but I would appreciate a response from any on this matter. The reason I am making this public is also because it makes no difference either way. Cedric, as I hear, has pm’d you and you immediately banned him, you didn’t even reply to him. He was trying to sort it out privately and keep it off the forum. And as I said, I’ve heard from other members who tried the same, with the same result it seems, which I just find shocking. So in my opinion, it doesn’t matter if this is public or not, it is a forum issue as I see it because your actions have not only effected me.

I was banned for doing nothing wrong at all in this, I was never involved and I was dragged into it. Anakin used my account to pm you, he’s said he’ll never do that again. Also, you had told him on the pm to stop using my account, and he did, so why was I still banned for that? But as an Admin you should take the responsibility to ensure that things go as smoothly as possible, whether a situation is difficult or not. Banning a member who was not involved is just misconduct and I thought a man of the experience you have would know better. And from reading the pm that was sent to Cedric, I think you should leave your personal problems and details out of situations like this. Everyone has problems, that’s life, so don’t take it out on us or other members for that matter.

I’ll say it again, I had nothing to do with this and Sky you know that. I can not control what Anakin does or doesn’t do, so do not take his actions out on me ever again.

If you delete this message or, who knows, ban me for telling the truth in a polite manner, then it will only prove everything that I’ve been saying. I am just in my complaint and it is the truth. I just want some answers as to why I was dragged into this, and I don’t expect to be insulted or have words thrown at me, cause I won’t do the same. As I said, considering what has happened, I am being as polite and reasonable as possible, but I am angry at the situation.

I don’t care for how long I was banned etc, it’s the fact I was at all. It’s just a matter of principals. A day, a week, a month, doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t have happened at all in the first place.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Bottom line, you were dragged into this by your boyfriend.

He used your account to circumvent his 12 hour suspension. For that you got a puny 12 hour suspension. Part of it was because I didn't want him posting under your account.

When you get a bank card and you divulge your PIN number to someone you are responsible for the transactions.

So if you have an issue, blubber to him, not me. Personally, I'd be pissed at him. I was going easy when I only gave you half a day.

Between the two of you, if all you two want to do is whine I can permanently ban the pair of you. Don't want to, but that's where this is heading.

Last warning.

And PS:

For the record, I never indicated I had any "personal problems" in my PM because I don't. I have a good job, big house, plenty of money and a good family. I just came back from a week in the Caribbean. I'm on vacation until Christmas.

But I'M BUSY. What I don't have time for is whining and snivelling. Because in the end, I have a job to do and this crap keeps me from better things; if you don't like it here, just leave. It's a big internet, find a better place that will put up with it.

--Thread closed--

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I do realize this thread is closed. But I need to put my two cents in. ;)

I haven't had much to say about this matter because when I first heard about the problem, all post involved had been deleted already. There is very little I can do about a problem I have limited information on. I did what I promised Anakin, I spoke to Skyanide about the issue. I will be an advocate for a forum member who has a problem, but I will not reverse decisions that have already been made.

I never cower away from an issue because it involves Skyanide. However, I will never say anything negative about him to others because I like and respect Sky. If there are any issues in the future never expect to publicly see me side against Skyanide. It won't happen.

The rules here are extremely fair. We don't ban members indiscriminately. I post on other forums with incredibly strict rules. Posts that are barely sarcastic get you points that can lead up to losing forum privileges, PM privileges, signature privileges, temporary bans and permanent bans incredibly quickly. Behavior that is ignored here is quickly reprimanded there. Before you start complaining about unfair rules here, check out a few other large forums.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.