Background info of my book

Discussion in 'Writing Workshop' started by E.H. Walker, Jan 23, 2007.

1. E.H. Walker

E.H. Walker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    THis is a rough summary of the background history of my book. PLease to not take any of this story as your own and after you read it leave a comment of if you like if, if you would read the book, what i could do to make it better and all that sort of stuff. Thanks

300 years before part one of the Exile series, a deceitful race of so-called humans strived to become citizens of Royzen (These people are known as the Maenex). Royzen is a beautiful country of rolling hills, jagged mountains, gentle streams, and raging rivers. A place just like the setting of most other fantasy stories. Anyway, They did everything asked of them to prove that they truly wished to become citizens of Royzen and that they meant no harm to the prosperous nation. The king of Royzen and even the dragon riders believed that the words of the Maenex were true. But they were fooled by the deceitful tongues of the Maenex. For many years after the King gave the Maenex their citizenship, they lived up to their words and obeyed the laws of Royzen. But eventually they started to live out their initial purpose in becoming citizens of Royzen which was to destroy the nation and the dragon riders. These were the only things standing in their way of rising to power and crowning their evil king, Ruzodajj, as the ruler of the entire world. They were close to success until the leader of the dragonriders, Ryol (Ree-ol) and his ice dragon Clesek (Klez-ek) showed the king his blindness and convinced him to exile the Maenex and restore order and peace to Royzen. Their was a huge war which finally exiled the Maenex. When the king told them that they were being exiled, the true appearances of the Maenex were revealed and the people of Royzen realized that the Maenex were not completely human. They were in fact a demon-like race of human-like creatures. For nearly one-hundred years peace was experienced in Royzen. The peace ended when there started to be some attacks from the Maenex and Ryol is killed while he is taking a break from the world with his wife Shaynat and her dragon Soruka. This is were book one of the Exile series begins.

Thanks any tips will be accepted!!!

2. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Here's a tip.

We've moved your posts regarding your book to the appropriate sections (ie the Writing Forum), this will be the third time. Take a minute, read the rules, and please post in the appropriate section. The next post put in the wrong section will simply be deleted outright.

Thanks,

Skyanide
    TFF Forum Manager

3. E.H. Walker

E.H. Walker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry
    didn't know

4. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    ok, well its a brief history... im writing a book too, i would not have posted any of my writing on the internet... but hey thats not me... :)

its impossible for me to tell you what to change, because i think i would actually have to read everything you wrote so far... i suggest that you give whatever you've written to some-one close to you, that you can trust... not your immediate familly, because they never critisize! - id give it to some friend or reletive... :)

for one... it sounds like a great plot, but please try not to make it like eragon, with the dragons and stuff... im sure there not at all the same... only you can determine that at the moment... :)

5. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    another tip... i was in a book shop the other day, when i came across another book on dragon riders... i think its called dragonriders but cant be sure... ill look it up, but i do know that it was set in a world where there are plenty of dragon riders, and the hero guy is the best!
    just take that into consideration before you start the book, that it may seem like others out there! :)

6. Master Wrath

Master Wrath Writer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would never write a book about Dragonriders... over used, almost as much as your typical Epic Fantasy (Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time etc.). I forget the authors name, but the one who wrote Dragonlady of Pern is quite well- known and usually writes about Dragonriders.