Arya Stark: Speculation

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Liadan, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    AFFC SPOILERS! DO NOT ENTER THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL FOUR BOOKS YET.

So, anyone got ideas on what Arya's going to do once she's a Faceless Woman? Who's she going to kill, and whose side is she going to take? Arya thinks about Jon a lot, so is she going to meet up with him?

Also, I've been going through the SSM collections again and found something interesting.

"George mentioned that he felt really silly about that planned 5 year jump. He imagined it originally going something like Jon sitting on the Wall going "Well, it's been 5 fairly quiet years since I've been Lord Commander. But I'm starting to think that'll pick up now..." and realised that the adults wouldn't wait in their plot lines for Arya to hit puberty."

That kind of implies that Arya is going to have some major action after she hits puberty... :D

2. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    What exactly does 'S S M' mean?

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Is arya going to make it all the way or is this going to be another one of the things she wasnt suited for, shes searching in the world to find herself but to be a faceless person she has to forget herself, I dont think she can go that far.

4. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    nor do I. I think she'll take most of the Faceless training and then leave to go wreak some vengeance

5. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    For once, I totally agree with Kshar.

I hope she kills the Old Man and takes off. (That's violent, but Martin's would do it and most people probably wouldn't expect it)

6. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    So Spake Martin. It's a collection of fan e-mails, reports from cons, signings, etc. about what GRRM said.

But we can guess that she won't be doing anything too major until she hits puberty in a couple years. And now that I think about it, it's unlikely that she'll become a Faceless Woman - remember how she hid Needle and how it was "Jon Snow's smile" and a lot of other things?

7. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I got that part...What I meant to ask was...What exactly does 't i d b i t' mean?

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Tidbit? Look it up in the dictionary! :p

Literally, it means a tasty bit of snack or something like that. It's usually applied to food or gossip/information.

I don't think I'm making too much sense here but that might just be because my sanity's pretty much gone by now.

9. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    ...Took you that long to realise you're insane? Man. You MUST be insane. ;) :p

10. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D

Half of my insanity is due to reading certain comics with "almadirros". The other half of it is due to talking to CERTAIN PEOPLE.... *coughPLISHcough* :D

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    OPh come on, the almadirro thing isnt that bad, most of it is just your inherent insanity. so stop being modest and take some credit for it.

12. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Nah, it wasn't just Chugworth. Although I do have that image of the "almadirro" with Kiyoshi's dad ranting off in the corner stuck in my head permanently. :p I've started on Sinfest too, but that's just making me more jaded.

I probably should start sleeping more too - been staying up until 2:00 AM these days and waking up at 7:00. Of course, I always take a nap... it's so damn hot and I don't want to DO anything. :p

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hah 2 am, its past 4 here at the mo, but i make up for it by getting up at 2 int he afternoon. :p

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I don't have that option. My mom gets more than mildly upset if I wake up late and she obviously has no idea that I'm staying up. Mostly I'm just grateful that my brother never stays home anymore and that he has a computer in his room. :p

I'm going down, though... I used to be able to function on three hours of sleep, going to bed around 4:00. :eek: Dunno what happened...

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    For some reason whenever i pull an all nighter and have to be up early, (my record is 2 hours of sleep and working all the next day) I feel strangley calm and concentrated. Its really wierd, probablt mainly because i dont do it often, my usual state is hibernation and oversleeping, So it must be the benefit of the stored up sleep hours or something. :p

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I get exactly the same way! It's my habit these days to stay up late the day before a test (NOT studying, thank you very much :p) and I always do really good. Of course, if I keep it up for about a week, I have to crash and take a 3 hour nap or something.

I think it's the heat getting to me - heat always has a soporific effect on me.

Back on topic... does anyone think that Arya's gonna die? I don't. At least I hope not.

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    oooh toughie, I dotn want her to die, not soon at least, but its martin so she has a good chance at getting offed simply because shes a mina character of a sadist author.

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... notice the new quote in my sig?

"Sorry. No one is safe in my books."

GRRM isn't a sadist... lol. And someone asked him if he could at least keep Jaime alive until the 7th book. Response: laughter.

BTW, for those of us Brienne + Jaime suckers, it's probably not gonna happen. GRRM stated that he prefers tragic romances.

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    with brienne what other kind is where, looking like she is, and now if shes even alive, she's had facial reconsructive surgery involing a man wiht very sharp teeth....eurgh!

And jaime might live through the end, because he's a b*stard, and all the goodguys die.

Anyone else who tries killing off main characters as much as grrm would fail instantly, I dont know how he does it, killing people we like is almost his trademark.

20. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Nah... Sara Douglass did some pretty nasty things with HER characters too. Probably why I love both of them. On the other hand, she doesn't write huge epics like ASoIaF, so you can't really compare the two.

And we could have hoped for Brienne + Jaime!

"And Jaime might live through the end, because he's a bastard, and all the good guys die."

Take a step back and think about what you just said. Remember that he killed Aerys II. Also remember that his daughter is loose on the world with three dragons, and intent on reconquering Westeros.

Yep.

Search tags for this page

arya stark speculation