Armor Pet Peve

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by C J Mcpherson, Oct 3, 2011.

1. C J Mcpherson

C J Mcpherson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This has bugged me for a while. The people who make many of the RPGs out there seem to have forgotten a very basic fact about armor.
    It's heavy.
    I can't count the number of times I've seen a character wearing armor that's over an inch thick. People are running around and fighting encased what must be hundreds of pounds of armor. Shoulder plates are particularly bad for this, often being three or more inches of solid metal with decorations and flags. I understand that impressive armor is never a bad thing, but there comes a line between impressive and insane. Just one three inch thick shoulder plate would probably crush a human being instantly. Fantasy characters may be exceptional or more than human, but it doesn't matter how strong you are when all your bones have been crushed by the weight of your helmet. I'm fine with armor being thicker than found in the real world, but after a certain point it becomes enough to kill immersion.
    Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

2. gumboot

gumboot lorcutus.tolere

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think mostly this is to do with the graphics been slightly cartoon-like. Consider the size of your typical RPG sword; they're enormous.