Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by Beta, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yeah my bf is going to cut and shape it for me so all I'll have to do is paint it

though I still want a back up just in case

2. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Uhh...you're female?
    Won't going as trianglehead be a problem?
    I mean, it's a convention, if they see boobies they will explode...in more ways then one >.<

3. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol how do you know I'm not gay? and it's not odd that a femal dress as a male at a convention.... at Ai-Kon I went as L from Death Note and James from Pokemon everyone thought it was awsome.... besides I can easily tie my breasteses down and just wear a white or skin colour shirt over top..... lol they ain't that big which often comes in handy xD

and his name is Pyramid Head

4. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I ment no disrespect, just that Pyramid dosen't have a shirt on and also that conventions do tend to have a rather large amount of people who are...not...all...that...i'll stop talking now.

5. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    lol I'm not offended at all.... actually the last one I went to there where a lot of people dressed as the oposite sex. There where even a few guys wearing dresses and lipstick it was funny. It's all fun. People mostly improvise their costumes what they can. besides in the game he does wear a shirt.... he has a white sleevless shirt and a butchers smock that's covered in blood.... so like I said I'm just going to wear a white or peach sleevless shirt and just mess it up with like cuts and fake blood and stuff.... lol unless anyone else has any other suggestions

also did you make you avatar? the Nox thing?

6. Raff the Sweetling

Raff the Sweetling Threadkiller

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    When I use foam board, I ususally cut it with a hacksaw blade. Not in a saw, just holding the blade in my hand. You have to be carefull that the blade is cutting straight at a 90 degree angle, because it has a tendency if you arent paying attention to start to angle slightly. I usually lay the board out on some saw horses so as im cutting, I can get eye level and make sure the blade is cutting straight. After you cut it out a rough shape with the hacksaw blade, it will be jagged and it will still look like foam around the edges. Take a fine grit sandpaper and sand it like you would wood. It smooths right out, and you can shape it easily. You can get some good detail and edges (sword edge) just by sanding it. Just make sure it is a fine grit sandpaper. Coarse will rip up the foam. The finer the paper, the smoother the surface. Once you paint it, you will think its the real thing.

7. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    sweet thanks

8. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I did.
    Ironically it seems it takes more time to make a fake sword then the real one.

9. Beta

Beta Gypsy King

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    kewl..... could you make me one that says Beta? ony have it purple and pink maybe some yellow?