Anduril 0001 in D.C.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by seraphim3900, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is my 10 year old son who has #0001 and I'm the one who bought it for him. To put all minds at rest, he loves and respects it as much or more than any adult collectors on this site or anywhere else. There was no monetary incentive to buying it...just wanted him to have something magical once in his life. However, within hours of purchasing, I was offered double of what I paid. My son insists this will be passed down to his children and grandchildren. Yes, it was alot of money to spend, and after doing it actually thought I'd taken leave of my senses, but quickly regained them after seeing his face Christmas morning and all the joy since. I'm terribly sorry for all the animosity this has caused. I don't understand banning someone because he was trying to check his facts. Seraphim's letter to me was the most gracious of all we've received, which is why I answered it. I have the identical paper work all of you do stating One of 5,000. The sword says 0001 of 5,000. My answer about the possibility of it being fake is this: If years from now my dear son decides to sell it and finds that it is not what we have been assured it is, then it's no one's fault but ours, and the laugh is on us because we trusted the sellers after thoroughly checking them out. But whether real or fake, nothing can diminish the magical moment on Christmas morning and all the joy we've had since. Thank you for your time.

2. zul

zul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    atka, that is exactly what i hopped happened with that sword.. that it would be in someone's hands who respects it and will take care of it. Glad to hear it made you and your son happy!

3. mrtoxic

mrtoxic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For my part, my original post was not mean in a spirit of negativity but merely suprise -

Apologies if it was misconstrued as being negative.

As I gave a LE Anduril to my brother for his college graduation, I certainly understand wanting to shell out a bit of cash for that priceless surprise/excited look on a loved one's face. After I gave it to him, he carried it around for days. Even at his graduation party, with the sword in one hand and a beer in the other (don't worry, he was careful with it, haha)

Anyway, congrats to you and your son on the cool gift.

4. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    {quote} Orginally posted by atka I don't understand banning someone because he was trying to check his facts.{End Quote}

He was banned for being rude, disrespectful, impolite, and obnoxious, not only to
    the Admin. Boomerang, but to the whole veiwing audience. He was setting a bad exmple and discussing sites that should not be mentioned. Just because you don't say the name Ebay doesn't mean you aren't discussing it when you say "an unmentioable action site" that can in fact do more bad than good.

Besides how do we even know that you are the real buyer, and not just some dude looking for attention. I really don't care about the 0001 LE Anduril ok, it's just a sword, and one that you can't even use for that matter. So whats the big deal. I personally think that it is ridicous to buy a ten year old, or anybody for that matter a $1500 sword. The kid should be just as happy and grateful with a $250 LE Anduril.
    There will be no more discussion or posts to what a mod or admin has said if so they will be deleted, please feel free to discuss this sword, but do not mention where or how it was acquired.

5. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you. {deleted by EBM}
    I just re read your original comment and it was a normal reaction, so no apology needed, but you're gracious in your offer. I have a 19 year old college son and my one big regret is that I didn't get him one, too. If the reaction that he and all his friends have had to this one is any indication, it's probably the nicest thing you could have done for your brother. Wasn't the look on his face priceless when he opened it? That's what this is all about. {deleted By EBM}[suggestion pm boomerang and talk to him he is the Admin] If there's ever a meeting of the swords, it would be my honor to introduce my 10 year old to all of you. And I quite think you might like him, too. Thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2004
  6. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Pm Boomerang he is the admin. He is probebly just temperaily banned.

Who wouldn't like akid with a one of a kind sword. I mean that in a good way.

7. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. May I ask why you deleted what I said about being a 53 year old mom? Or the part about wanting to get Seraphim reinstated? Was that offensive? If so, why? I'd feel just as badly for you if you were banned because of information I gave you. The only reason I came on here is to verify that #0001 exists and to put all the speculation to rest. I've nothing to gain and the last thing I want to do is create more animosity. Thank you.

8. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mean to delete the 53year old mom thing. I said that anybody who replied to what I or Boom said would be deleted and you did. You should not talk about serriphim just pm boomerang. And he should not have been blabing this info all over the place, as you can clearly see this kind of subject always raises these feelings and opinions of jealousy and disbelief(not that boom was jealous), and I am also one of those people who are very good at Idetifying fake swords although I have not seen yours. maybe you post a pic. close up of hilt and blade.

9. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry I didn't respond to you sooner. Thank you. Yes he will take immaculate care of it. He takes it out of the box to show people, then puts it right back. Strange as it sounds, but it makes everyone happy. Two of our dearest friends are here from New Zealand and they, in particular, are simply mesmerized by it. Funny thing, I'm the only one in the whole lot who's not seen any of the LOTR movies, which for my kids made getting this sword all the more delicious. Again, thanks for your sweet comments.

10. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Be sure that no mostuir is in the box and that the sword remains dry and to prevent rust or pitting you want to periodicly oil it just be sure you use the right oil.And when you hanlde it wear gloves oil ( the bad kind) comes of your hands and gets on the leather grip and blade. It will stain and darken the leather and it will pit and stain the blade. Fingerprints are terrible for a blade.

11. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You should go watch them. They are great stories... and a WONDER movie. Return of the King kept me on my feet the entire time, both times!

12. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not at all understanding this. I was deleted because I said "amazing" which was in response to your saying you could identify fake swords? Please tell me how that was off topic or offensive. It was meant to be a compliment to you. Can you please tell me if there is a certain glossary that one is supposed to follow while exchanging dialogue about swords here? Thank you.

13. atka

atka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, dear. Everyone has touched the blade. What kind of oil is best for it? My little boy has been wondering how to clean it and I've not studied the accompanying papers enough to see if they instruct on it. Someone mentioned having a box built for it. Perhaps we should do the same. Thank you again.

14. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Give Swordsman a PM about blade Oils he is the head person of sword care here, alot of people think they know, but just go with the best.
    I would say just a good machine oil but don't my word for it.

15. DohHunter

DohHunter Community Defender

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Atka,

Your son's sword will be fine, don't worry about all this moisture talk etc. etc., unless you are storing it in a damp cellar or something. That is one of the reasons why United Cutlery made these swords out of Stainless.

The blade and hilt will be fine if your son just takes a light oil such as gun oil, or WD40 and wipes them down every so often. A little leather conditioner, such as you would buy for car seats, would be great every couple of months or so for the grip as well, but just a little bit.

Hope this helps.

16. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Alright I have had just about enough of this thread. Just when I thought it was going away it comes back. First of all let me clear the air about Serraph. And I am going to very blunt here so if you take it in offense I am sorry but it's your problem not mine. He was a rude and arrogant prick who came here for no better reason than to disrupt things here. Honestly I could give two shits who has the number 1 anduril and who doesn't. What is the big deal. And by you coming here atka just goes to show you did the same thing. I don't care if you bought it for your son. I don't even know if I should believe you. However, I do find it fishy that a 10 year old child can say "I am going to pass this on to my children." I know at 10 years old I was all about the cooties and things and could careless about having kids and girls. So your son must really have a head on his shoulders. Did he graduate college or highschool yet? Honestly I find it down right rude that this guy serraphim came to MY site just to disprove something. Who does he think he is? Well he is a nobody now because he is no longer here. And who are you atka to come here and start this crap all over again. I do not know how a 10 year old could even begin to fathom what he has in his ownership. I don't understand it. Anyways, either all this crap stops here or I am shutting the thread down. Answer me this though Atka. Why did you come here? Because serraph went and cried to you about being banned? To come here and shut us all up? How should we know to believe you or not? I could easily have made up a lot of what you had said. "The magical moment on christmas, etc".

17. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well... I have to say that this thread has become the second biggest all time low for The Fantasy Forum. It is sad to see so much anger and frustration over, "such a little thing".

18. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You ain't kidding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.