Anarchy

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Alchemist, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    What kicked off my curiosity about this was this video: -Link-
    At first glance it seems that this girl and her friends are being, for the most part, wrongly punished for simply not divulging information. That, of course, gets me interested because I despise the abuse of governmental power. So, I look into what is happening. Not much information is given, but it seems the woman and her friends have information about someone who has committed some time of serious crime. I look into deeper, not much else is given.

I do, however, learn that this group believe that all government should be taken down, all prisoners freed and all prisons destroyed. This confuses me, obviously. What about rapists, murderers, pedophiles and the like? Do they not deserve to be locked away? Should they just be allowed to roam about harming people whenever they feel like it? So, I look at this particular group's blog. They post and brag of breaking windows, rioting, destroying property, cars, sabotaging railroads and train stations, and generally causing harm to people in one way or the other. They are proud of this. Proud of causing destruction. Yet, I'm quite certain, if someone kicked down their doors, broke their windows, destroyed their belongings, they'd be pissed. How is it okay to do that to others then?

This is what I don't understand and was hoping someone here might better explain it. Is this how they want everyone to live? Destroying other people's property, inciting violence, living in mayhem.
    I've honestly never given Anarchists a second thought. Thinking they were just a group who didn't want a government, but aren't they proof they humans do need a government, structure, laws?

Are these people just trying to justify their destructive and violent nature by hiding behind a "cause".
    If they are so anti-government, anti-judicial system, then why (in the case of the video) are they utilizing lawyers? Why are they taking part in the system they hate? If they were truly anti-government wouldn't they represent themselves instead?

Can anyone explain?

2. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I truly hate Anarchists and Anarchy at least in my country and I think it's just an excuse for stupid people to burn,loot,cause trouble and paint ugly graffitti on all walls.They have no respect for others.

3. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    I'd suggest that most 'anarchists' aren't really true anarchists at all, more a section of the population which feel powerless, totally disenfranchised by successive governments, the lack of change/choice/opportunity and come out fighting like a cornered rat. I don't condone criminal behaviour but if society isn't working for them you can't really expect them to play by society's rules either ~ we saw an element of that in the recent UK riots.

I feel for the Greeks at the moment even though they're largely the architects of their own pain. Another 2 year extension to austerity, £25-30bn more debt to pay for it, a contraction in their economy worse than the 1930s great depression, no-one painting the route out, 40%+ cuts in pensions/pay, 25% unemployment (50%+ youth), admission from the IMF at least they haven't a cat in hells chance of meeting revised targets by 2020 (or 22).... quite frankly I'd want to chuck petrol bombs at parliament and I'm quite calm, most of the time ;)

When a government / political parties are so inept why would anyone want to vote them in... give them a mandate on the basis of 'you're the least worst'.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  4. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    hell yeah!