Anakin Skywalker costume SITH

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by oregon, Aug 9, 2005.

1. oregon

oregon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have nearly completed my Anakin costume but fancy going a little further and buying a pair of contact lenses,

But the problem is i have never worn them before and wondered what they are like to wear, i see many people wear them Halloween and feel i need a pair to get the real look from my costume,

I know the Sith style contact lenses that would suit my costume great, i found them at Pimpindeals.com , they are called Fire Crazy Lenses.

any advice would be helpful

2. defyitall

defyitall Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  3. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Yeah, I also think the last ones look best.
    But there there a lot of cool lenses on the first page. One of them looks like Sauron's eye. :D

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I have a Sith Anakin costume myself. I also use fire lenses.

5. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Im doing like a "fictitious" Anakin costume for Halloween. it's what I think Anakin's garb would have looked like had he defeated Obi Wan and not been mostly machine. I had thought about getting contacts but I need corrective ones and they are more expensive. I really need new regular contacts right now, so I'll get those.

But I thought I'd pass on the research I've done.

6. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Scratch that I am just doing a straight up Anakin ROTS costume. I'm really into replica stuff right now. I have a tunic maker lined up, a cloak on the way, have to make my own leather tabbards, getting a glove replica from an RPF guy, motorcowboy boots probably, replica graflex and parts on the way, jedi food capsules and pouches from ebay, making my own belt.

Hopefully it will come together and i'll post some pics.

7. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here's final costume:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^Even fallen Jedi need some cool refreshing Coke.

8. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Wow, that costume looks really cool. Okay, I have no idea of costumes, but I really like it! :)

9. Ringquelle

Ringquelle Graveyard Faerie

On the South Pole, importing chickens and building
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ìt looks really cool! Where did you get the patterns and how long did it take to make it?

10. defyitall

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Actually I can't sew to save my life nor anyone important's. So I bought the tunics and the robe from costumers/seamstresses that I know, trust, and have great admiration for their skills and quality. I had to quickly tack sew some velcro onto the tunics to get them to stay in place while I moved around. But I left the sewing part to people I trust.

I handled making the leather stuff: the tabbards and the belt. That's the stuff I know how to do. Well, actually I mocked up, bought, cut, the material for the tabbards. But again, the sewing was done with the help of a friend.

I call doing costumes like this "creative purchasing," if you can't sew it yourself, don't have the time, or are unwilling to learn (of which I am all three) you can buy pieces and assemble a costume. The problem lies in that no one sells complete costumes, except on eBay of questionable quality and accuracy, so you have to go around researching what is accurate, metting people doing the same things as you, doing research into vendors, getting advice, passing along info, etc. Eventually you find artisans and craftsmen doing various pieces of the costume well through all these different channels of input. Then you start buying or commisioning your own.

I truly wish I could have made more but I wanted my costume to be very high quality and very accurate so I left some parts up to people more skilled than me. I have the upmost respect for people who make more of their costume than they buy and will always bow down to them even if people think my costume looks better.

That being said, I started initially researching Anakin after San Diego Comicon in July. Started heavily researching and buying initial pieces in August. I actually recieved some of the last pieces to the costume the week before Halloween.

I made:
    The tabbards (the leather "strips that go vertically down the front of the costume for those that don't know)
    The belt (with a kit I found on eBay with the accurate buckle and studs) was all researched, mocked up, created, and dyed out of real leather.
    Anakin ROTS replica Graflex flash gun assembled by me with parts from tfx studios.
    Scars with lip liner and Rigid Collodion liquid from a makeup shop in Hollywood.

Bought:
    Pants are Dickies work pants
    Boots from Jim at motorcowboy
    Glove from DAVIDYR1 of the RPF
    Tunics from Capt. Carter
    Robe from Andrea of Twin Roses Designs
    Leather pouch by ReinOne
    Plastic pouches by Todd
    Anakin Force FX from Master Replicas
    Food capsules, Covertec clip, and various other little parts were found on eBay mostly.

Nature:
    My hair.

I still have some changes and things to do to make the costume more perfect before the Con season next year.

Search tags for this page
anakin sith contacts lenses in usa
anakin skywaker sith contacts

anakin skywalker contact lenses

anakin skywalker contacts
anakin skywalker dickies
anakin skywalker lenses

anakin skywalker sith contact lenses

anakin skywalker sith contacts
cosplay anakin skywalker sith contact lenses
how to make anakin skywalker sith tunic
jedi tunic rpf