Anakin-Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Galad, Mar 1, 2006.

?

Anakin who was it?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

4.2%
  2. Anakin himself.

45.8%
  3. The Jedi Order.

4.2%
  4. Senator Palpatine.

45.8%
  1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    you mean where darth vader failed... and I don't think Jacen will succeed, he'll fall like every sith, stupid idea to make him a sith anyway, so unoriginal...

2. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it original for someone to become a Jedi? Where there are Jedi, their will be Sith also. Someone will do it. Why not Jacen? Besides, Jacen's ascension to sithhood is not at all like Palpatine or Vader.

If you want something truely original, perhaps the Sith should take over things for a while. They ruled the galaxy once, why not again? Perhaps Jacen should succeed. Star Wars is needing a new threat to the galaxy.

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    yes but a skywalker related becoming a Sith... How many times have they gone to the dark side, it's like a family tradition... Anakin, Luke, Jacen, Cade etc...

4. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Power breeds ambition. The force is strong in the Skywalker family. It seems kinda natural that those with the most potential are also most lured by the dark side. Besides, only the most potent jedi are really qualified to become Sith.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I agree that they are all strong, but it would have been more original that one would NOT go to the Dark Side and knew how to resist the temptation, cause they all went to the Dark Side... As I said... It would have been more original for one to resist the temptation and destroy the Sith without going to the dark side... That would also show more power, willpower. I have created a relative, it's fanfiction and in theory he doesn't go to the dark side, cause I wanted something more original in the first place and he like every skywalker relative is also very powerful and like Anakin I wanted him to be a child of the Force, but that is where the problems lies, not concerning the dark side, but something else...

6. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, theirs Leia, Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker. They havent gone to the dark side.

I have a feeling that Jacen will not stay a Sith. He may in time become the kind of character that your fanfiction idea emulates.

It would be a bit too predictable if he is killed by Jaina. This is why I dont think it will happen this way. I think Jacen will discover something else that fulfills his will more closely. Perhaps he will be taught by force visions, like Luke was at one time.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I just stand with what I said, already too many members of the skywalker family went to the dark side for it to stay original... It's too predictable these days. If they are going to create a new family member, fans will most likely think 'he/ she will probably go to the dark side' and you can't blame them for thinking so if the writers can't come up with something more original...

8. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think your focusing a bit too much on the Skywalkers. Lots of other jedi have gone dark during the course of the Star Wars saga. This is not merely a Skywalker phenomena.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  9. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Oh common you know the EU stuff doesn't count lol Only Anakin turned to the Dark Side, the EU can make up whatever kids and grandkids as they want, doesn't mean it's what would have happened after the movies. God I hate all that stuff, Leia having twins... How original... Must've been up ALL night with that one.... Luke's son... Ben.... Again another mind blowing choice! Anakin Solo, gimme a break.... The last person to call her son Anakin would be Leia.... The writer who came up with that would know she wouldn't if they had a clue lol What ever happened to originality in the EU lol

10. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    not ot sound daft - but what does EU stand for?
    has the Eurpean Union been making special starwars books? From thier shoddy content description it sounds like thier sort of quality of work!

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Expanded Universe, it is everything that happened outside the movies. A lot of things aren't canon, which means it didn't happen... Just as many things are in the EU... Most is C-Canon which means it has the potential to become G-Canon (G standing for George) and that is the highest you can get. For example Aayla Secura was a C-Canon character as her appearance in the comics, but she became G-Canon as she appeared in the last two movies made. Coruscant was a name that was C-Canon, in the movies it wasn't known as that... The name was actually invented by Timothy Zahn, but it became G-Canon as GL accepted the name for the city-planet.

12. Graft

Graft Love-tiger

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I didn't bother to read alot of the answers, but imho, Anakin has no choice but to go to the dark side. He loves and cares too much about those around him. He wanted to save padme. he actually believes, I think, that by serving the Sith, he is serving the greater good, through his warped, twisted logic.

13. Mord

Mord The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Tough poll But if Anakin would have listened he may have changed the course of the future and became quite a great Jedi knight or maybe sooner or later he would have fallen to the sith.

Whos to know?