Anakin-Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Galad, Mar 1, 2006.

?

Anakin who was it?

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

4.2%
  2. Anakin himself.

45.8%
  3. The Jedi Order.

4.2%
  4. Senator Palpatine.

45.8%
  1. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Now who's fault is it that Anakin fell to the dark side is it....

1 Obi-Wan and his patronising comments to anakin and suppressing his ...and i quote..."VERY YOUNG padawan"

2 Anakin himself for not following the jedi way and being far too cocky aboout his abilities.

3 the Jedi order for suppressing his obviously brilliant, well developed abilities. *cough*

4 Darth Sidious/ senator Palpatine for his greedy corruption of Anakin's mind.

any views would be appriciated!

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I've created a poll about this subject long time ago (in a galaxy far far away)...but it's more about if Obi-Wan do the right thing while he was fighting with Anakin on Mustafar.
    http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=7971

I think it's not just Anakin's fault (of course it's his fault too)...I think it's also Padmé's fault, she should know better then marrying a Jedi...it's Obi-Wan's fault, He never really tried to listen to Anakin, he only lectured him...But most of all it's of course Palpatine's fault...Anakin was a troubled person and he took advantage of that to lure him to the Dark Side. So I voted for Palpatine.

3. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i think so too

4. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I voted for senator Palpatine, but after thinking, i might have been the jedi order, because they knew he was spending a lot of time with him and they really werent liking that so they should have kept him away and kept with with Obi-wan. If Anakin would have went with obi-wan on the missions and not with senator Palpatine i dont think he would have became Darth Vader

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    That is true, if Anakin went on the mission with Obi-Wan he wouldn't have fallen to the Dark Side...yet!
    But if Anakin was sent with Obi-Wan to Utapau, there would be no order 66 yet...Palpatine in the end would have found a way to seperate them so he could seduce Anakin...

6. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I say it's Anakin's fault. I think he just had too many people steering him in the wrong direction away from the Jedi Order: Padme and Palpatine. If he was a strong enough Jedi he could have resisted those temptations.

7. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Many contributed to Anakin's downfall. But for Anakin to say that it is more someone else's fault than his own is equal to Adam's blaming his wife when God asked why he ate the fruit. "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." Yeah. Real man of you Adam.

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say it was Palpatine's fault alone...I said that many had part in Anakin's downfall...but the question is not "is Anakin responsible for all the dead Jedi in the temple", no from one cause came the other...and mostly Palpatine started that.

and you compare the story of Adam and Eve to this? I think that is wrong...they are both responsiblel IMO...Eve lured him to eat the apple and he ate it. Just as Palpatine lured Anakin to the Dark Side and he embraced it.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  9. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    although it happend all to fast in the movie, i agree with Anakin, and also that there was just to many people trying to lead anakin down a path and he just got overwelmed, and just decided that he needed to save his wife

10. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i see your point, however if he wanted to be a true jedi he should have resisted. like Luke....in ROTJ the emperor threatened no coreection...WAS going to kill Luke's friends and even his sister after he had already corrupted his father. Good ol' Luke managed to come off ok. but i do know what you mean. :dragon:

11. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    But you also have to remember that Luke was train by yoda, so he was able to put aside his feelings and do what was right, in the end.

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well Luke didnt have 13 years of influence of Palpatine...he only had hardly a day...and Palpatine didn't lure Luke to the Dark Side the same way as Anakin...Anakin was lured by trust, friendship and lies...Palpatine was only fueling Luke with hate which he overconquered. Anakin also wasn't fueled with hate before the fight with Obi-Wan, but he was searching for power. After living on a poor planet, then rising to a large rich planet like Coruscant made Anakin lose his hummility and was a part in his arrogance...Luke always lived on a poor planet which kept his hummility so that kept down his lust for power.

13. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good point :D

14. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is, well put. Didnt really think about that

15. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Check and mate to Anakin! :jawa:

16. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Senator Paalpatine i have to say, either that or anakin himself but senator palpatine moreso

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    It't just like George Lucas describes it. Anakin became evil by very human things, his emotions, his environment, the people he lived with
    Like I said moving from a poor planet Tatooine to a rich very cultural planet Coruscant wasn't a good thing, you lose your hummility, he's no slave anymore, and he is the Chosen One, because of that he even began to feel himself as a higher being as a Jedi. Obi-Wan describes him as arrogant, but Yoda said that Anakin wasn't the only one with that flaw, you could see in that scene that he was also talking about Obi-Wan. So there's a high possibility that a part of Anakin's arrogance was heired from Obi-Wan. Anakin was also complimented over and over again by Palpatine. "I see you'll become the greatest of all the Jedi, even more powerful than master Yoda!". So what can you blame Anakin for...too trustworthy? too human? I'm not saying...no Anakin isn't evil...he is! He is evil. But in my opinion there was little he could do about not getting evil. You don't become evil overnight, you aren't born evil either. And yeah even if he isn't responsible in becoming evil, that doesn't make his evil deeds goods, it doesn't turn back what he did.

18. cecilkain

cecilkain New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    interesting points, I think he was a misguided person, but he made decisions on his own.

19. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I voted for Anakin himself, but it really was a combination of all of them. Anakin's impatience and desire for power and control (understandable given his childhood status as a powerless slave). The Jedi and Obi-Wan constantly being perceived as not trusting him, holding him back, patronising him etc. And of course, Palpatine's masterful manipulation of every aspect of Anakin, the Jedi, the Senate etc. But none of that would have been such a problem if Anakin had a different personality.

20. Rand Al Thor

Rand Al Thor Prince Of The Dawn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    anakin is correct...... but if he is evil why would he still have good in him like luke and padme said? is it because of his strong love for his offsprings and wife?