an idea

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Crusader, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Okay preliminary post:

It had been a little over two hundred years since the second war of nedwin's pass, and the great collapse that followed, economy and peace shattered like glass in the gambit for power. Now, the universe drew perilously close to the same fate.

After the war ended the chaos that followed was slowly brought to reign by new powers replacing the old empires, the Universal Space Coalition first among them, restoring order and returning balance, but only the foolish thought it would last forever. In the many years after the USC grew, taking in half the galaxies areound nedwin's pass and a still grew. As its limits went ever further from its core, it absorbed new elements, and forgot old ones. Terrible and glorious things were done for the Coalition, but there is always opposition.

At first the pirates and brigands who opposed the USC joined together in the shadows of the universe. Survivors of some of the Coalition's dark secrets and mistakes did the same. The greedy and corrupt followed. Whether for altruism, vengence, greed or tyranny, the opposition to the USC grew and grew in secret, and as the USC itself spread its rule thin, peace was shattered. In secret the rebels and pirates has amassed ships, great and small and called on 'free worlds' to aid them, after time they had enough force to pose a threat towards the coalition.

The first sparks flew towards the heart of the Coalition's empire, towards nedwin's pass and battle raged. Planets blazed in fire like small stars, debris clustered systems like great, metal asteroid belts. But wherever the rebels fought, the USC fought back just as hard, and there seemed no end to the war.

But as ships burned in hellfire at the heart of the battlefront, others did not. A huge mass of the rebels greatest force skirted silently along the edges of civilisation, where they could move in secret, making their way across the void of space towards USC controlled planets, where masses of warships sat ready to be armed and launched. If it could be done, the rebels could rob the Coalition of a fleet of deadly destroyers, to be used in turn against them, it could be just enough to turn the tide in favour of the rebels.

The armada of rebels grew close now, reaching the ends on uninhabited and primitive space, and before the home straight they passed through a small one sun system of gas giants and small green worlds, the ships moving with determination towards their goal. Little did they know, that amidst the system, hidden by geomagnetic fields, the USC lay in wait, warships at the ready to stop this armada dead in its tracks.

2. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good and interesting to me!

3. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hmmm, i wanted to make it more detailed and such, but it ended bing a vague account leading up to the armada as i couldnt include any characters that way, so there ya have it, any problems and we can change them before going ahead.

4. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Alright, anyone who as participated in the creation of this story will need to voice any criticism or additions to this first post ASAP, feel free, im not too happy weiht it myself but it leaves it nice and open for us to begin.

have your say NOW, im giving it a day or two before i PM it to nik and get it rolling.

5. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As long as u make a good use of drednoughts, and the danger they present to USC ships, I'm OK.

As a sidenote, I'm preparing an update on Zath to define the somewhat more.

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    hey hold up, were doing the space battle ourselves, so you can put the dreadnaughts to good use as youre their originator. but dont worry, in the original battleplan it starts off a mixed battle, then the rebels start to win because of their dreadnauhgts by 'sinking' the USC flagship among others, and mostly win untill swordbreaker shows up, which kinda ruins the party for everyone and precedes the crashing bit.

7. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Bring it on :devilspin :D

8. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i was pretty generous with the rebels, they get to kick some major ass, the USC wouldnt skimp on the ships,a dn they have the element of surprise, so the rebels are going good with their dreadnaughts. But when swordbreaker shows up, well, nothing muhc can beat that at the moment so you get the drift.

9. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I know this might seem like a stupid question ( :stupid: )...but what do you mean by 'terrible and glorious'? It must have been really significant and impactful to be called 'terrible and glorious' .What sort of stuff did they do? Perhaps you could elaborate on that part to make the post more detailed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    just in under the juristiction of the USC, glorious things, like repelling huge threats to galactic peace, whether through averting disaster etc. glory.

the terrible things would be the secret things, like the illegal conquring of the zath homeworld in HSRs history stuff, or other events like it.

11. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I see. I was under the impression that 'terrible and glorious' meant that the things that were done were evil in nature BUT glorious, in the sense that the evil things done were very powerful.

Well, I is waiting for HSR's description of the Zath then :D. Just a suggestion, if the Ghohany is the main party in the armada, then you could say that the Ghohany decided to call temporary alliances with the other planets and they formed an armada with the Ghohany as the lead. It's not revealing too much at one point, but it helps define the armada better imho.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I agree, althought the ghohany would present the core, origin of the rebellion, one race alone (self confessed to be the remnants of the race after the USC killed most off) couldnt hope to handle the rebellion alone, especially against the galactic superpower that the USC is. I would imaging they began the first main attempts at rebellion that were successful, and thus recrutied the huge army they have now, and in all likelyhood their numbers are amongst the fewest in the armada, they are ranked highly amongst the leaders of the rebellion. lets say the main general/leader of the whole thing is ghohany/zath.

Also, with the huge recruitment of other races they combine enough resources to built their dreadnaughts in large numbers to bolster up their fleet, in the rebellion theres probably more dreadnaughts than the zath can fly alone.

Also, ive got my profile up for my secondary character.

13. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well, the Idea was that the Drednoughts were only comandered by Zath, or the 'Buccaners council', the high council consisted entirely of Zath captains that had proven themselves, aproved 'alien' capitan. Alien meaning non-Zath.
    Of course, not all Zath captain Drednoughts, or even captain at all. Proving yourself has become wery inportant to Zath. You can't raise in the ranks untill you have proven yourself suficiently.

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    see, that works perfecty.

okay, so no complains yet about the first post up, im going to give it one last proofread and the PM it onwards. post here before later tnight if you have some urgent change that must be made.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Damn, forgot one important thing, the RPG needs a name. any ideas?

16. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Of gods and Aliens"? It is lame, but, at the moment, I can't do any better.

17. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I thought you already had a name prepared! Shows you haven't been doing your homework :nono:

lol, kidding :p

Hmmm...how about..."Clash of the Gods" or "Battle of the Gods"...as in foreign vs primitive...dumb I know but too tired to think of anything else.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    all intersting, a few of my own suggestions: Power of the gods, crashed, Stranded, Gods and Monsters, False Gods, Fallen, Fallen Gods etc.

I think everyone should vote for one name, thier own or otherwise and hopefully that will help get us decided.
    My vote, i currently like either 'battle of the gods' or 'Fallen Gods'

19. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    "Power of the Gods" and "Monsters and Gods" are good...but I guess I'll vote for "Clash of the Gods" then :D :D :D

20. Ringquelle

Ringquelle Graveyard Faerie

On the South Pole, importing chickens and building
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'd suggest something that would want to make the reader want to read the book.