An Idea...

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by NightChaser89, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    okay, just wondered. I was wondering too, if we are to go with the Camarilla and the Sabbat and stuff,maybe you should post which clans are concidered to be in which, for normal. Ofcourse there are excepitions.

2. NightChaser89

NightChaser89 Order of the Nine Souls..

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking We would have The Shabbot as the "Bad Guys" and the Camarilla as the "Good guys" the Thin Bloods and Kuei-Jin Are just clans that members could come from (so its not just 2 clans) Im gonna make up more then those 4 tho...

3. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    No not two clans, two main 'sects'. Do you mean the Thin-bloods and the others are Independents? And are there to be caitiffs to?

4. imagine99

imagine99 Fia, the kind fencer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Does this mean that members of this clan don't have to be vampires? I want to be a fury :) (demonic punishers of human sin basically)

5. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Did you read the whole post, Jacob???

6. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Okies just wanted to let everyone else know what i was getting for ideas from others ok?

I like the ideas behind the differnt houses instead of sects... Makes it more open... instead of everyone shoved into 3 or 4 groups...

7. imagine99

imagine99 Fia, the kind fencer

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I did, but I'm just SOO tired, none of it really stuck with me... Until a minute ago I didn't even remember it's almost 8pm... i thought it was like 1pm, which is weird cuz I woke up at 2... *sigh* I'm so out of it...

8. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Well if you wanna be kind fierce and animalistic you could be a gangrel, they are cool...

9. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking that maybe one could mix the clans from Vampire with the houses Raven was talking about. First I want to say I really liked the idea of houses. I was thinking one could further develop it and add more houses like 'the house of the wicked' for the Malkavians and 'the house of repulsive and knowledge' for the Nosferatus. Ofcourse these would have other names then, but just for you to get the idea. And maybe one create a clan that would fit House Aronwer. What do you think?

Suggestions for which clan might go with which house:
    House Cohama - the butchers: Brujah, Gangrel
    House Betrag - the house of poor: Caitiff - clan-less, Thin Bloods
    House Lylmia - the black rose: Toreador
    House Deyima - the bloodminds: Ventrue
    House Sakvuj - the house of Nightingale: Toreador
    House Aronwer - the frostskins: ----
    House Jumanai - the bookworms: Tremere

10. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me I like it.

11. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Since my data HDD went haywire, I lost the original full set-up, so, while I retype it, here are some info 'bout the houses:

Cohmama- they are the second to last house concerning the legendary Vampiric Charm, and the last one concerning the hypnotic powers of the vampire; but when talking about the strength, agility, and general combat skills, they are unmatched.

Betrag- they are sly, open minded and excellent in judging the possible allies. They are also free from standard vampiric prejudice concerning other 'dark' races. Yet, they are still the Eldracks, meaning they mix only with eldracks and no other. They are also in constant war with Salvuj, but have on and off going alliance with Deyima, since they provide link to the lowest levels, and therefore open markets for, ehr... certain products.

Lylmia- Males of this house act as a bodyguards, and tradable goods more than anything. So, as such they are pretty good warriors, although nowhere close to the Cohmama, and they are graced with legendary charm of their mothers, sisters, and other fem. kin. The fem. on the other side, rely on their passion and intoxicating charm to get what they wish. They have developed their charm to such levels that they need only a few seconds to make the blood of anyone outside their house, and house Aronwer, boil with passion. For their resistance to their charm, and general snobbism, there is a boiling feud between Lylmia and Aronwer. Lylmia is also graced with the eldest of all the heads of houses.

Deyima- Makiavelistic to the bone, Deyima would sell out any ally, the suit he is wearing, and do mostly anything for a profit, yet they are also fiercely loyal to each other, the only house that precedes them in inter-member loyalty being the Aronwer. They generally act as a mediators between the houses for it is easier to trade in peace then in war.

Salvuj- Proud, cultural, artistic and dedicated to what they do, yet without the hedonism that graces the Lylmia. They are also the only house that can strike a deal with the Aronwer, although there is no joy on either side. The always-raging feud with the Betrag throughout the centuries had become somewhat of a symbolic crusade for them, more than anything personal.

Aronwer- although their vampiric charm was brought down to nill, their other powers, such as hypnotic had gone up. Because of their seclusion from the other houses, the ties between the members are as solid as the walls of their crypts; that is also another specific of this house- the crypts. While the other houses returned to the surface, and hid in the mortal society, the Aronwer had only dug deeper into the ground. Their crypts represent the specific types of labyrinths thru which only an aronwer may pass unharmed; all others would meet a bloody end.

Jumanai- Mad but genial, is the best description of the members of this house. Some had truly crossed the borders of insanity centuries ago, and are latterly raving mad. Others are only somewhat psychotic and schizophrenic, but all of them mad and those who aren’t all share mutual survival instinct and above genius intelligence. For their safety, most of them shows only as much as they have to the world, hiding the rest within themselves.

12. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm a little confd when trying to match the cland with the houses. I know this was not your intention, Holly, when creating the houses but I reallt 'd like the clans to be in there too. I've added Clan Tzimische as a suggestion and will post some info on them later, if you wish.

Suggestions for which clan might go with which house:
    House Cohmama - the butchers: Brujah, Gangrel
    House Betrag - the house of poor: Caitiff - clan-less, Thin Bloods
    House Lylmia - the black rose: Toreador
    House Deyima - the bloodminds: Ventrue
    House Salvuj - the house of Nightingale: Toreador
    House Aronwer - the frostskins: Tzimische maybe?
    House Jumanai - the bookworms: Malkavians(changed it from Tremer since they don't tend to be that insane.)
    'House of repulsive and knowledge': Nosferatu (suggestion of house name?)

I also thought, if we are going to have the Camarilla and the Sabbat, that we should have some Sabbat-clans too. The clans of the sabbat are Tzimische and Lasombra. I can post some facts about them too soon. I'm working on a background that'll involve the clans, the houses and the sects, so any further info would be appretiated.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  13. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The way I see it, u can separate Nosferaty between Aronwer and some other. And there are also the Malinites (agents of Khan, the vampiric priesthood). I also think that it would be better to make houses somewhat of a mix of a clans, not try to make them one the same.

as an afterthought, if other creatures/races are avaiable, it'd be not smart complicating vamp society too much.

and its Salvuj & Cohmama

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  14. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Well I've thought aboit it some more and I'm really frustrate wit hall this info running through my head. I don't wanna take too much from the original Vampire-rpg-books, but I love that so it's hard. And that thing about combining the houses with the clans was like a first try to getting the ideas to work with eachother. I have to much info and can't sort my thoughts. I'm open for almost any suggestion that will make this easier.

Edit:
    I thought about the thing you said about Nosferatu beeing split up. I can see why they would fit in House Aronwer and agree that they might be there. But i'd like to involve the Tzimisce too. They don't like any other clans that much, they think they're suprior and wouldn't even think of mixing with other, lesser, clans. That's kinda how it is with House Aronwer too? isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005