An Idea...

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by NightChaser89, Aug 5, 2005.

1. NightChaser89

NightChaser89 Order of the Nine Souls..

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't have the details worked out yet (may need help on that) But I would LOVE to get a RPG going about VampYres (vampires as u call them) and other beings... I don't have a plot yet but maybe I can get Help from people with this? Like The Master??

2. The Master™

The Master™ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What do you want??? And how may I serve???

*Holds up a jade buddha for protection*

You won't get me with your vampy powers!!!! ;)

3. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well if u want to help me come up with a Background/setting I can coem up with a storyline and stuff to flow with your background...

(Vampy? I thought u said it was spelled with an I so wouldn't it be VampI ways?)

4. The Master™

The Master™ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Touche!!! ;)

How about the background of modern surroundings... A mall???

5. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Can't... Has to fallow rules... (check out the rulse post...) has to be in Elysium... (no malls yet lol)

6. The Master™

The Master™ New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I need to read everything in this forum!!! :(

Okay will get back to you in a while... ;)

7. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here is the rule that im refering too

Hello all! And thanks for taking the time to read this thread about how our RPG's will work.

Many many websites do Middle Earth RPG's and Final Fantasy RPG's and whatever else you can think of. However not many websites(perhaps none at all) create a world in which all RPG's take place. This is something we are going to do.

Every RPG will take place in a world called Elysium. However we are not going to tell you what races are in the world or what the landscapes are like. Think of Elysium as Earth. It has races of many kinds and landscapes of many kinds. It will be the duty of each individual RPG to base their RPG in this world and create it how they like. You will also be able to incorporate Kingdoms. Kingdoms will act much like Guilds except your kingdom is just that. It is a Kingdom. You have land for race whether you are humans, orcs, wizards, elves, etc you will have a kingdom for your race as long as there are enough people of the same race.

So to clear things up there is no Final Fantasy RPG here. There is no Middle Earth RPG here. Everything takes place in Elysium and it is up to you to create this world.

So that should end all the FF RPG talks and ME RPG Talks.

Enjoy and get ready to be part of one of the most immersive RPG's around.

8. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Uh, that is kinda old news, and now we have RPG's that don't take place in Elysium, such as the Wheel of Time RPG and the Lord Of The Rings RPG, as well as a few others.

9. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    YEah, like the Five Dragons, which is in a world of its own....

10. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Night, the rules have been changed. Boom is no longer the owner of this forum, so we don't follow some of the older rules we didn't particularly like. An RPG can consist of any idea. Whether it's Sci-Fi, Vampires or follows a book. As long as it has a good idea and people will join up.

11. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Well I got a little confd by those rules...

But anywas. Count me in Night! I LOVE vamps :D I'm playingt a malkavian in another forum, but it isn't only vamps so it's kinda useless that I choose a clan.... but he's really...mad.. and he's schizo! He he, he's really funny to play :D But I could do another char for this one, ofcourse.

Want me to help you with anything???

12. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Okies DIdn't know that rule had went dow nthe toilet but ok, It makes this easier. Yea Via I would to have you help me come up with a Background/plot and a storyline to base it on... Also I need help coming up with a List of the differnt Clans and races of VampYers we are goign to have in it... ANY and ALL help is appreciated... Anything you have to add to the idea can be posted here ro PMed to me!

13. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... I wonder if you could have some clans from vampire:the masquerade or requiem or if it's too complicated. What do ya think?

And if I am to come up with a background, what setting is it? If I understand you correctly you want me to write like the baginning of the story, a little bit of what has happened and what will come to happen, right?

14. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was thinkg that I would write up a list of clans and info on the clans and stuff... Then have you make up some Events or a little background for the RP... Then we can work fro mthere as far as where to go with it...

15. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Well it seams to be a fair plan. I'm not that used to doing this but I will give it my best and we can help eachother to make it work, right?

Oh, and as for the clans, hurry :D Well sorry, but I so like to read about vampires and knowing the clans make the story so much deeper. Well I guess it's a part of the foundation of the story, actually... Eh...hope you get my point, or else, just ask me about it

16. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Okies, here is a basic list of clans and sects and a little info about each... I'll try to make a better list later...

Clans:
    Brujah
    Gangrel
    Malkavian
    Nosferatu
    Toreador
    Tremere
    Ventrue

Info on Clans:
    Brujah
    The Brujah are inheritors of a majestic and ancient legacy, which is unfortunate. Tonight's Brujah seem less like a clan and more like a mob. Punks, terrorists, revolutionaries, criminals, gangbangers and the like make up the Brujah; the clan seems to be united in nothing save its contempt for the institutions of vampire and mortal society. Well, this is not entirely true; Clan Brujah are among the most savage vampires, and the most trivial slight or annoyance may trigger a howling Brujah frenzy.

The Brujah's disunity keeps the clan tenuously in the Camarilla, but Brujah thugs routinely defect to the anarchs, the better to strike against their hated elders. Even the "tamer" Brujah annoy the elders and princes routinely through acts of defiance and rebellion. Despite their recalcitrance, however, Brujah are valued as warriors; they are perhaps the most dangerous vampires in a straightforward battle. To anger a Brujah is nigh suicidal - and Brujah are notorious for their tempers.

Gangrel
    Of all vampires, the Gangrel are perhaps closest to their inner nature. These nomadic loners spurn the constraints of society, preferring the comfort of the wilderness. How they avoid the wrath of the werewolves is unknown; perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Gangrel are themselves shapeshifters. When a mortal speaks of a vampire changing into a wolf or a bat, she is probably speaking of a Gangrel.

Like the Brujah, Gangrel are fierce warriors; unlike the Brujah, Gangrel ferocity does not stem from anarchic rage, but from animalistic instinct. Gangrel have a keen understanding of the Beast in their souls, and prefer to spend their nights in communion with the animals whom they so emulate

Malkavian
    At first glance, the members of Clan Malkavian do not appear to be a clan at all; they are chosen from all races, creeds and social strata. But Malkavians, regardless of mortal standing, bear one disturbing commonality: They are all quite mad. Whether from the clan's choice of victims, the circumstances of the Embrace, or some property in Malkavian blood itself, all Malkavians go insane shortly after the transformation (if they were not insane to begin with).

Accordingly, many Malkavians find themselves pariahs, ostracized by a vampiric society fearful of their random urges and capricious whims. Wiser Kindred, however, prefer to keep the madmen close at hand: Behind the Malkavians' lunatic cackling and feverish rantings lie smatterings of insight, even wisdom.

Nosferatu
    Caine's childer are called "The Damned," and no vampires embody this more than do the wretches of Clan Nosferatu. While other vampires still look human and may travel in mortal society, Nosferatu are twisted and deformed by the curse of vampirism. To put it bluntly, the Embrace transforms them into hideous monsters. Unable to walk among humans, Nosferatu must dwell in subterranean sewers and catacombs. Other vampires revile Nosferatu, considering them disgusting and interacting with them only when they must.

Because of this stigma, however, Nosferatu are survivors par excellence. Few creatures, mortal or vampire, know the city's back alleys and dark corners like the Nosferatu do. Additionally, Nosferatu have refined the crafts of sneaking and eavesdropping to fine arts; if anyone or anything has the latest dirt on mortal or vampiric society, it is the Nosferatu. Finally, millennia of shared deformity and abuse have fostered strong bonds among the monsters. Nosferatu forego the squabbling and feuds ubiquitous to the other clans, preferring to work in unison. You mess with one, you mess with 'em all - and that can get messy indeed.

Toreador
    The Toreador are called many things - "degenerates," "artistes," "poseurs," and "hedonists" being but a few. But any such mass categorization does the clan a disservice. Depending on the individual and her mood, Toreador are alternately elegant and flamboyant, brilliant and ludicrous, visionary and dissipated. Perhaps the only truism that can be applied to the clan is its members' aesthetic zeal. Whatever a Toreador does, she does with passion. Whatever a Toreador is, she is with passion.

To the Toreador, eternal life is to be savored. Many Toreador were artists, musicians or poets in life; many more have spent frustrating centuries producing laughable attempts at art, music or poetry. Toreador share the Ventrue's love of high society, though not for them the tedium of actually running things - that's what functionaries are for, darling. Toreador know that their place is to captivate and inspire - through their witty speech, graceful deeds, and simple, scintillating existence.

Tremere
    Even among vampires, the insular Clan Tremere bears a reputation for treachery. This reputation is well earned; the Tremere were formerly a cabal of human wizards who, hungering for immortal life, wrested the secrets of vampirism from unwilling Kindred. Such vile deeds earned the clan a sinister reputation; even today, certain vampire clans would love nothing better than to destroy the entire Tremere line.

Nonetheless, Clan Tremere holds a place in the Camarilla, for its members were instrumental in suppressing the Inquisition and supporting the Masquerade. Then, too, the Tremere have proved themselves dangerous enemies - and powerful allies. Tremere still practice a version of the arcane arts they studied in life, and so these "warlocks" use their sorcerous powers in service to the Camarilla almost as much as they use the Camarilla in service to themselves.

Ventrue
    Elegant, aristocratic and regal, the Ventrue are the lords of the Camarilla. It was Clan Ventrue that provided the cornerstone of the Camarilla, and it is Clan Ventrue that directs and coaxes the Camarilla in its darkest hours. Even in the modern age, the majority of princes descend from Clan Ventrue. The Ventrue would, of course, have things no other way. In the tradition of noblesse oblige, the Ventrue must lead the other clans for their own good.

In ancient nights, Ventrue were chosen from nobles, merchant princes or other wielders of power. In modern times the clan recruits from wealthy "old-money" families, ruthless corporate climbers, and politicians. Although Ventrue move in the same social circles as the Toreador, they do not fritter away their existences in frivolity and idle chatter. The Ventrue proudly wear the privileges of leadership, and stoically bear its burdens. Thus has it always been; thus shall it always be.

The Vampyres dont have kingdoms they have Sects Here are some of the sects...

Anarchs
    Vampires who reject the rule of the Camarilla.

Camarilla (cam-uh-rill-uh)

A coalition of vampires formed in the late 1400s to protect all Vampires from detection by the mortal population. The Camarilla is the dominate sect in the vampire world, and controls most cities. They are very rigid and feudal, and though a good idea the organization is seriously flawed.

Kuei-Jin (kway-jin)

The Kuei-Jin, or Kindred of the East, are not truly vampires. They are a similar form of undead from Asia. The Kuei-Jin generally dislike European Kindred, but are not necessarily antagonistic.

Sabbat (suh-bot)

A sect of vampires devoted to destroying the Antediluvians before they return. The Sabbat are organized in a mockery of the Catholic church with Bishops controlling Sabbat activities in each city. The Sabbat are sworn enemies of the Camarilla who they consider to be pawns of the Antediluvians. The Sabbat are highly violent and contemptuous of mortal lives. The Sabbat are also known as the Sword of Caine.

Thin Bloods

Vampires more than 13 generations away from the original, Caine. Regarded as a sign of Gehenna. Thin bloods are typically not under the protection of the Camarilla and are occasionally hunted for sport. Thin Bloods are not a true sect in the political sense, but more a broad descriptor for a number of young vampires (Also known as Dunpiels)

17. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey, would u mind to spread it out a bit to cover more undead/dark creatures such as werevolves, wights, leachs and doomstrikes? If u do, I'd be more than happy to give u a hand.

And, I think it would be better to think up original clans and vamp organizations than use those from bloodlines.
    I can give u help there, if u are out of ideas; me and my friend had once, during awfully boring class of english studies, devised the wholle system.

18. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sure i was thinkign about doing that with the creatures too... (lycean, Djnns, Etc...) Liek i said thsoe are just a couple im coming up with more. I copied those from bloodlines to give people an idea of what We meant... Sure if you want to just PM me the "Wholle system"

19. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    What made you choose those clans? There a more, I know, so what made you choose those?

20. NightChaser89

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Those are the ones I like the most... And I use them when I RP...If you want to add more go for it... just post them...