America

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Bard, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Because Iraq at leat had a (fake) reason to be attacked. What reason would Saudi Arabia have to be attacked

2. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    That's what I said, but Fox said that:
    Personally, I don't believe this, but I can't prove the opposite, but :
    Innocent until proven otherwise, right?
    I think Mr. Bush searched for a reason to attack Iraq, but I think we've already passed this point, right?

3. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I don't knowingly lie about things wolf, I assure you that interview took place. I was surprised nobody really took him seriously, but what should I expect. :rolleyes:

4. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I don't appreciate you like that, but perhaps it has been a person who just wanted to make himself interesting? Or he has really been a general or what and wanted to confuse the States, or something like that. Perhaps he was given some money to say that, or... (the list goes on)
    I just don't trust him and I don't trust the news.
    If ten people tell you the same, there's still the possibility that they're wrong. But it's better to hear ten people than only one person.
    The best is, if ten people have a different oppinion, than you can build your own most easily.

5. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Well then where do you get your 'facts'? You obviously have to trust some form of the media to form an opinion on this unless you're there to see it all happening. :rolleyes:

6. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    well, there are many different internet pages, TV, radio, newspaper (two different), school.
    Then I have some facts. And we discuss about important political problems in school, with friends and at home and everyone has his own opinion. Out of that and my own opinion, I have MY opinion. ;)
    What does not mean, that I can change it.
    What I want to say is: I don't trust the news system, neither the German, nor the American. There are some things, which are facts, fe, a new president, but if someone says this happened because it stood in that text, that was written then, and this really concerns me, then I normally won't trust that person. Inform you and don't trust to that, the news say.
    That's how the second World war could get that bad.