Alternate Reality

Discussion in 'Original Works' started by Lord_Croanan, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I just had an idea for kind of a book setting, and decided to get it out on paper. Er thread. Its not fantasy or sci-fi, kind of a mix of both. Its basically about a virtual reality world and the real world colliding and becoming one.

"M'Lord......Someone here to see you..." Bauthmas's body slowly moved in his throne. He hated to be disturbed, espically when he hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

"Tell them to leave, I am busy doing nothing." Bauthmas hoped that would end the discussion.

"But M'Lord, it is Archeus." A thousand curse words instantly went through Bauthmas's head. His body, a mass of orchanic roots and vines, slowly started to unwind itself from his throne. Eventually, the churning stopped, and Bauthmas's body had become that of a Rhaven's, human body, dark hair, and black wings coming out of his back. He repositioned himself and streched out on his throne.

"Send him in" The servant standing before him bowed, and the massive organic looking doors at the end of his throne room slowly opened. A lone shape shambled in. Cloaked from head to toe in flowing robes, he had scolls and documents attached to varous limbs and parts of his body. The thing hobbled forward and finally stood before Bauthmas, who stood up to greet the newcomer.

"Archeus, messengar of Fate itself, how may I help you?" Archeus pulled back his hood, revealing the head of a ram.

"Plauge Lord Bauthmas, my lord and master sends his regards..." The plauge lord looked the ram head in the eye and put on his best smile. The messengar in turn, began looking through his robes and scrolls for something.

"Of course of course, and I send him mine, but uh....exactly what do I owe this visit too?" Bauthmas clapped his hands and a chair slowly grew out of the floor. It shuddered once and then locked into position. Archeus sat down, now looking at a scroll.

"It is the war.....London is putting up to much of a resistiance, our war machines are all but spent. Bauthmas......Vhun-Hal requires more soldiers." The Plauge Lord tried to smile.

"I can assure you, any and all resourses I have are going to the war....did I not recently help take a human stronghold in southern france? With my own plauge-bearers to. Surly the Lord of the Dead or Traun Maywhole has the capacity to help"

Archeus shook his head, the scrolls hanging from his horns shaking. "No Bauthmas, did not Vhun-Hal give you all of Germany for your kingdom of pestilance? You owe him."

The Plauge Lord nodded. "Fine than, descend with me to the armor forges, I will see what we have"

Ok, thats just a idea, I'll flesh out more later, and add some chapters.

2. Master Wrath

Master Wrath Writer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope you're going through and spellchecking? Alot of mistakes. Other than that, a good idea and base. However, what's a Plauge Lord? Some sort of a position in this world?

3. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, in my haste to get this out I guess I didn't do much checking, but let me give some background information. More for myself, but in case anyone's confused.

The setting is earth in the near future, I'm guessing around 2015. Four of the greatest minds on earth (although they are not recognized as the smartest) happen to be givin the same job by a think-tank lab. Its to develop a powerful generator for a new sourse of power several countries are looking into. This was about 2009, and five years later they finish. Sadly, the nations have moved on and the generator in considered useless. Soon afterwards a buissness man by the name of Hal Davey asks them for rights to the generator so he can power a new virtual reality game he's developing. Dissipointed, the scientiest nonetheless give him the generator and move on.

Its now one year later and the game, RealmHaven, is a worldwide smash success. Unfortunantly one fateful morning, the game crashed. Normally this would not be bad, as the game had a back-up server, but that server happened to be down also. Now little is known about the human mind, but for an unknown reason, the game mistook the millions of minds connected to it as an extra server. In an instant the game transfered itself into the human brain, and forever changed reality. The world of RealmHaven collided with ours, and then intagrated itself into earth. Below is a rundown of what changed.

North Pole- A vast ice citidel hundreds of miles wide rose into the sky, while the arura boriealas circled around it. Hal Davey, the creater of RealmHeaven, gave himself into the game, and his desires were made manifest. Now like a god, he was named Vlun-Hal, and he was out for to take the earth. His hoards were made up of many forms of evil, and he employed both archaeic and modern means of warfare.

North America- Canada was easily overtaken by Vhun-Hal's army, and it has now become a staging point for the invasion of America. America in question has vastly changed. The elven kingdom Alestia appeared on the western half of the U.S.A and imediatly went to war with the U.S. A treaty was made between the to races though when the forces of evil appeared. Now the America-Alestia alliance is constantly battling the hoard of the north. (Elves and Americans, I know its cheesy, but get over it.)

Central America- A nightmarish place, the kingoms of the mayons and incans have risin up out of the ruinins, and now the dead wage war on the living.

South America- The entire western cost shook for months while mountains rose up. Orcs and goblins soon poured out into the eastern lands. Suprisingly adaptable, the were soon using tanks and guns just like humans. S.A probably would have fallen were it not for Salmavoe, the greatest drug baron in history. Were the countries of South America failed, Salmavoe used his militias and gunmen to quickly take control of the eastern countries and fight back the orcs. The nine countries of eastern south america were givin to his seven sons to govern and protect, while he created a vast strong hold in colombia. Whether the orcs will win only time will tell.

Africa- The center of Africa went into internal night, as Kargen, Lord of the Dead, appeared and created his kingdom. Now his undead legions march out to take the rest of Africa, and after that the world.

Europe- Not suprisinly, this is the most complex region and is broken up into sub catigories.

England: As always, a fighting nation to the last. In the changing of the world, it rose miles out of the sea, and is now a plateau island, and the greatest human stronghold still standing. Unfortantly is figting off invasions from both the North Pole and Eastern Europe.

France: Like in WW2, it is the battleground for most of the battles fought in Europe. Altough southern France is still holding out thanks to a series of fortresses built along the cost.

Spain and Porteguel: Now just a huge swamp and moor, though in a twist of fate, it is ruled by several warring kingdoms of gypsies. (From the game, who are now both human and from spain and porteguel)

Germany: Ruled by the Plauge Lord Bauthmas, it was given to him by Vhun-Hal to rule and help conquer the world. The citizens of germany have been turned into his servants and now fight to take eastern Europe.

Easter Europe: Not including Russia, the land made up of several countries has now just become a battleground between Plague-striken Germany and Greece.

Greece: A race that calls themself the Guan appeared here, and plegded alliagiance to the Greeks. Now the two races fight together to keep the Plauge Lord's Army out of their mountainous country.

Italy: A sad tale surrounds this country. When the game appeared, a vast hoard consisting of millions of creatures appeared, and began marching for France. Thinking fast, an expiremental bomb was dropped on Italy, and the enitre country went up in flames. And is still burning. Now nick-named the Burning Lands, it is inhabited by knomes (No, not the pointy hat people, more like rock golems)

Russia and Scandinavian Region: Nicknamed the Iron Empire, this is the greastest empire of man. When the two realities crashed, twelve great superhumans appeared in St. Petersburg and tranformed Russia into the great nation it is now. This country more than others has embraced modorern technology over any other continent, with vast armies of tanks, fighters, war walkers, and troops marching out to fight. This kingdom is the only thing standing between the norths hoards and the rest of Eurasia. They also fight the stricken Germans and the doomlands to the south.

Middle East- A parallel reality was created here, with a kingdom much like the one depicted in desert faire tales appearing. They now fight all countries of the middle east.

Asia- This too must also be broken up into subgroups.

Mongolia: Now the doomlands, it is nothing but rocky wasteland as far as the eye can see. All sorts of ravenous creatures emerge from here.

China: China is both a blessed and cursed country. During the time after the crash of worlds, a huge meteorite crashed into the south of China, and in the crater a huge glowing symbol appeared. Soon afterwards, crystals of great power were found in all major cities around China, both with these came the mass. The mass were huge rat-men, as numerous as the stars in the sky, who consumed the country. But China was also blessed, for every citizen of the country soon found themselves to be immortal. But not in the sense that we think of it. For they could still die, they would just rise again several days later. Another shortcoming was that none of the immortals could leave the borders of China. Thus they are in a never-ending war against the rat-men. Long ago they forsook guns and bombs, as they were fighting for too long and all the weapons soon ran out. Now all citizens have reverted back to the ancient ways of the sword and spear, man, women, and child.

Japan: After the appearence of the Kingdom of Teysark in the Pacific ocean, the Japanese are ever fighting the servants of Teysark. How long they will hold out is always a question in the minds of the citizens.

Pacific Islands: Every square inch of the Indonesian Island area has been taken up by futuristic looking cities, as far as the eye can see. A resourse known as chassa was found on all the islands, and a race called the Κύριος soon had all humans mining away the metal.

Australia- Nothing is known as to the fate of this continent. All who have gone to explore it have never returned.

Pacific Ocean: The kingdom of Teysark rose out of the seas, and its great navy ships now prowl the ocean looking for victems.

Ok, thats pretty much the run-down of it, some if it is corny I know, but it makes for a setting I like.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006