All-in-all...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Eàmanë, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Eàmanë

Eàmanë formally Nevaeh

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, all three movies are released for viewing. Now, I want to know what you think of them, all-in-all. I don't want to know what you think of each movie. I want to know what you think, about them, as a whole.

I thought they were fabolous. I love the scenery, the imagry(sp?), most of the character portrayles(sp?). I was very impressed with how Peter Jackson created the Lord of the Rings into the movies.

2. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yep I've got to agree, I love all of them on the whole. When ROTK EE DVD comes out my LOTR viewing pleasure will be complete. I love how most of the background mountains were not edited, those are the real macoy. So much work has gone into making these films and it shows everyone was devoted to their part in the project. It would have been an immense undertaking. Im glad that Newline allowed PJ to make LOTR into three films, any less would been disastrous. Congrats PJ, you the man!

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    PJ did an amazing job with the trilogy. I don't think anyone could have done a better job. Sure there were the odd things but no movie is perfect. His was just darn close

4. Elf_Lover

Elf_Lover New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You really couldn't get any better than the trilogy. When I first saw fotr I was like, "woooow", the second one I was "ooooooooo", and when the third came out to complete the trilogy, I was anything but disappointed. So many times with trilogies the director slacks somewhere along the way. Not so here. Peter Jackson shows how much respect and devotion he has for Tolkien and spares nothing in terms of finances (or anything for that matter) in making them.
    I lift my hat to you, PJ (If I had one to lift), LotR is sheer perfection!