Aliens

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Harrison, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0

You assume there were humans around to see these being created. It could be so long ago that there were no humans in Egypt, sure sure there have been tests dating the pyramids, but they are often VERY different is carbon dating. I once heard 20,000 years old being said! How could someone get it THAT wrong if it was supposidly only around 4000 years ago that they were created. And why would "aliens" create them? Perhaps to tel us something, why are the pyramids filled with information about the stars, about the statistics of the earth, about maths. Perhaps to tell us something, that we would see sense that an ancient civilisation could never have done this. For a day when we understand. Why would the egyptians do it though? Thats what you have to ask yourself

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0

You got to 3.1? Well done, but the answer to what I said earlier was exact to pi to 15 digits! Coincidence?

3. OrcShaman

OrcShaman Star Trek addict

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Oh, but you're wrong: Djoser's pyramid and the bent pyramid are older
    http://www.digitalegypt.ucl.ac.uk/chronology/index.html

4. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0

'why not' is my counter arguement, also 'why would aliens do it' as a secondary one. the ancient peoples did all sorts of crap, piled up rocks in cornwall, drew giant patterns in the south american soil. Just because theyre ancient doesnt mean theyre not technologically advanced (not on modern levels but relatively), the babylonions had water-screws and all sorts of useful inventions, over time these things are forgotten though, we have technological regression, fuedalism after rome and so forth, these strutures could have easily been buld by a previous civilisation. Also, ancient peoples were obsessed with the stars too, the from the greeks to aristotle they were star crazy, thats as good a reason to use stars and patterns in the night sky to decorate their buildings.

and why would aliens do it, to document our planets star system? then why the hell but the records here in stone, if theyre aliens just pop it on the computer, as some sign they were here, youd think they would leave something interesting, like their star systems and such. I saw a documentary once, comparing the star charts to the pyramid constructions, as time progesses and the galaxy rotates,so does the night sky at a particular speed, using some of the patterns they found in the pyramids and tracking what the stars would have looked like in egyptians times it works out pretty well that the pyramds would have been built then.

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Yes and as I said before, why are some of the carbon testings so different? I dont expect you to not find things saying the pyramids were made to be resting places for Pharohs and such. I know all of this, what interests me is the things that arent often spoken about. There is no proof that the egyptians built it. There is evidence that they lived there but nothing more. There are things they could not have done, so you have to ask who did? Another example of something they couldnt have done is the tiny tunnels that go throughout the pyramid. Too small to even fit a hand in, in some cases. But these tunnels travel all throughout the pyramid. Some think its cause these were seen as channels for the spirits of the pharohs to travel up to get to the afterlife, no proof of this but a theory concerning the egyptians beliefs. But what IS interesting is that these tunnels are through solid rock, not inbetween cracks that they could have slotted together to make these tunnels. They go straight through a solid block of stone. And there is no way they could have made these with the tools they had. Scientists say we could only do them now with tiny robots and lasers. And thats exactly how they looked through these tunnels, with cameras and robots. I also read that once of these tunnels leads to a rather small square hole INSIDE one of the large blocks, but, inside that, is a square stone made of a completely different stone than the rest of the pyramid. But how did it get in there? The tunnels were FAR too small and there was no other way it could have been put in there. Scientists today dont know how it could be done, so how did the egyptians do that? And more importantly why?

6. OrcShaman

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    yeah, but Hankock's theory about yhe pyramids mirroring Orion's Belt proved to be a hoax, the guy actually "turned" Egypt upside down, just to match the position of the stars

7. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Here's also something interesting that I found:

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence to suggest that any of the Egyptian pyramids were meant to be used as tombs. The dating of the Giza Pyramid to 10450 BC brings in the possibility that all the later pyramids were poor copies, made by the pharaohs after discovering that food and human bodies don't decay in them. John D. Miller, in his article on The Pyramid of a fallen god, concludes that: "The Great Pyramid is undoubtedly one of the oldest structures in Egypt... there is no record in Egypt itself of any gradual development of architectural knowledge and skill. How did this exquisite technical knowledge and skill displayed in this vast structure suddenly make its appearance in this mysterious land? We might even ask the further question, which, indeed has been asked before. Though the Great Pyramid is in Egypt, is it of Egypt?"

8. OrcShaman

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    What scientists say that the tunels could be made only by lasers or tiny robots? Archaeologists?
    And Padme, i keep writing my fingers off about inscriptions that prove that the guys living near the pyramids were actually constructors.
    http://www.aeraweb.org/spec_zoo.asp
    http://guardians.net/hawass/buildtomb.htm

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    interesting about that stone thing, maybe its a pharoes practical joke? theres a good chance it wasnt the egyptians who buil the pyramids, but to say it was aliens is a bit of a poor link, it was itneresting what you said about the water erosion, i saw a programme about the sphynx, why itself was probably built before the egyptians in the time where the land was in a rainforest or temperate state, if you look at it you can clearly see the sides are rough like cliff walls from ages of erosion by water and sand. the interesting thing was the sphynx was originally a lion statue, the erosionmarks ont he body and the head dont take an archeologist to see theyre completely different, its most like the egyptians re-carved the head of the lion to show whoever it is (one of the pharoes) its funny, carving the stone like that would require a lto of expertise, and yet you say the egyptians had none, fromt he carving and the fact it depicts an egyptian pharoe gives us a rough clue that they did.

and a thing you'll like, using ultrasound scans they detected a chamber beneather the sphynx, between its paws, and to date the egyptain government hasnt allowed anyone to excavate it.

ALIENS! it must be

10. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I heard about that too. About the Sphynx though, one interesting thing about that is that some have said that the face of it which is now missing a nose, that was actually dont by the Egyptians, well, if they completely destroyed it, Im not sure about that, but they tried to alter it. As supposidly the original face had a much broader nose and was more african in appearance originally. Which leads some to wonder who built that also.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OrcShaman

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Well, there's a question that bothers me still: why would aliens (that prolly had a VERRY HIGH technologycal development) build a pile of stones? If they wanted to impress, why not make it from.... i dunno... diamond.... or ship hull alloy or something. And if they wanted us to know where they're from why not just say it. "Ok, guys, see that star over there? No.. not that one, that's the mothership you moron, the one to the right. Yeah... that's where we're from. Now write that down on a temple wall."

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    the thing i heard was tat it wa sjust a lion stantue cut down into the face it is now, the nose thing i have no idea and doubt it would be altered twice

13. Drac Critius

Drac Critius Radical Subjectivist

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just because someone cant explain something they immediately slap a sticker on it that’s said an alien or some higher power is the reason.

Anyway, their is allot of mystery and myths about the Egyptian structures. I even heard one about the world records being hidden under the sphinxes right paw. To bad the natives to the area wont let archeologists further their investigations because they fear that they could damage their historic landmarks.

IMO,
    DC

14. OrcShaman

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    At last, reason is back !!!!!
    I mean why conduct digs and research, spend time and money investigating when you can simply say: the little green men did this :).

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well we didn't conclude that, but it is possible...we just say that there is a great possibility that the egypitians didn't built it...

16. King Eduardo

King Eduardo yo mama's

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think there is a huge possibility that there are other intelligent lifeforms somewhere out there i mean the universe is huge so there must be right?

17. King Eduardo

King Eduardo yo mama's

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think there is a huge possibility that there are other intelligent lifeforms somewhere out there i mean the universe is huge so there must be right?

18. King Eduardo

King Eduardo yo mama's

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i think there is a huge possibility that there is other intelligent life i mean the universe is hige so there must be right?

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    lol why did you post this like three times...yes the question if there are aliens...I mean do people have an idea how big galaxies are...I've seen pictures of multiple galaxies with billions of stars...can you imagine how many planets there are around those stars, and there is no lifeforms there? pls that's ridiculous...No for me the real question is, if they visited earth...(Padmé and me are actually debating that it was stupid to call our planet just plainly "earth" and the sun...why not call it Zeus or something...and the moon...)

20. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    that is a funny thinng i find odd about science fiction, we call out planet earth, becaue thats what it is, and the sun the sun. yet whenever you see aliens in sscience fiction theyve got wierd names for their planets like 'galgameya' or something, it makes more sense that almost all planets would be called some form of the word earth, but in their language.