Adventures in Alderra

Discussion in 'Self publishing' started by xen-0518, Apr 14, 2018.

1. xen-0518

xen-0518 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    PROJECT: Alderra

Here, I will post what I have written so far for my created land of Alderra.
    Alderra's landmass is very large, and Provinces divide each region. There lands off the coasts, each containing their own secrets and history.
    An Alderra Adventure.png

2. xen-0518

xen-0518 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For the "first official post" to get our story started, I'll introduce the map *see attached image.*
    There are many areas to conquer in this thread, so let's get started.
    I've created a character who's a cartographer and loves to travel the world. She gains a way of transportation from a friendly captain.

Alderra MED map.jpg

Alderra, A land flourished with life, decorated with astounding mountain ranges and breathtaking tropical scenery.

Beyond the pleasant and calm vibes from all that there is to see, different races inhabit its regions. Towns and cities spread far and wide, along rivers and mountain sides. Castle Towns, overgrown fields, and high populated areas. People governed by their own laws and many cultures to discover.

The provinces use boats for transportation among the rivers and seas. Darmane, Kivor, Lodare, Spyra & Valwall use the channel as a trading route between them. Kivor is the largest province, beating Valwall and Mithord combined in size. Tridae is the smallest province, slightly smaller than Ormeadow.

Provinces are divided by wide rivers, which have been agreed upon by the royal families of each province since it seemed to be more fair. When a province cannot maintain, or abandon leadership, a statute claims that the next royal family in a neighboring town or city with the most relations to the king, shall possess the said province until a live vote has been given to the citizens, to decide the province’s leaders.

3. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +339 / 1 / -0
    what mapping software is that?

4. xen-0518

xen-0518 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I legit drew this on paper with fine point pen, then took a pic of it with my Canon camera and threw it into Photoshop. I used a technique for the smaller broken pieces where it turns grainy and just select and then randomly select random areas to erase. For the rough paper background, I used an open source image and layered it over itself on the landmasses and base. The landmass layer would be at a lower scale.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xen-0518

xen-0518 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More to spare on the region. Here you go. :)

Through the centuries, there have been many wars and uprisings. Provinces were different thousands of years ago. The last province to rise from war was Valwall. The surrounding provinces have greatly fought for ownership, and have agreed to create a whole new province to end disputes between them, where Valwall came to be.

By creating guilds, the people have forged strong bonds with one another. Defences built strong by utilizing strategic plans and massive structures to hold off enemies.

War breaks out almost every 20-30 sun cycles. People don’t seem to be happy with their lives in some regions. The high council tries to hear everybody's plea, and take action to what needs to be fixed or attended to. Commanders of the war hold rallies to make sure the people are on their side.

The high council has bases scattered across the lands of Alderra. Some have been abandoned due to the creatures and animals inhabiting the area, overwhelming the small defences some of them have.

Alderra has also opened its borders to small offshore countries. One of them being, Bido-sha, a small island consisting of 3-smaller provinces. The land has a queen who is the most kindest. She assigns the provinces their own Dukes and Duchesses who manage and keep, peace and prosperity within their jurisdiction.

Ruler of the land of Bido-sha, is none other than Queen Efarii. Bido-sha is a land located off the shores of the western coast of Alderra. The climate is temperate, The Great King of Mithord, in 3E 317D 284Y, grew up in Bido-sha.