Advent Children

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Daisuke

Daisuke NekoChan3000

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    American voice actors can NOT act lol simple as done and done..probably ruin clouds voice :(

2. firefaerie

firefaerie Art House Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Spiral's Ayumu's VA is amazing. I am in love with him. He's cool, but some others are stupid yes. And I can hook you up with a subbed copy if you like Kat.
    Aife: I think there are rules on fan releases. Before anime and stuff took off producers were happy aboiut them because it helped promote their products. I think it's ok as long as you cease distribution as soon as it's released in your language. different distributers have diffrent policies in their own gruop. Some continue distribution until some company says no.
    I'm not sure about the DVD. I think USA DVD players (I am including PS2s aswell) play region 1 and 4 while Japan plays region 2.
    If you did buy it you could ask about the region of it. See if you can find a region free one maybe. Or ask about their return policy.

3. Necron

Necron The Journey Never Ends

sailing the oceans looking for the next adventure
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw it, and the fight sequences were awesome, but it was funny to see that much of reno and rude playing such a big part... go figure. Other than that, it was a little short, but I really have no complaints. It's just that this movie was based off of a good story we all know and love. Not doing that is where spirits within messed up. That and the fact the Uematsu's music was played throughout Advent Children.

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    What was up with Reno and him constantly saying "Yo"?

Maybe it was just my sub. I thought it was really weird though.

Also...Tsang was shown the least....and he's the leader of the Turks >_<

Rofl....Rufus in a wheelchair and neckbrace made me laugh so much

Music was amazing though...got the OST for it. Totally Awesome :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That was in mine aswell, the "Yo" thing, I thought "Well maybe he says that in the game aswell, I just don't remember." But yeah, it came off as a little weird. And isn't there a girl in the Turks ? Elana or something, I don't recall her being in the movie.

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Nah, he never says "yo" in the game...well not enough for it to be recognised as a signature thing of is.

Elena was in the movie, when you see Rufus being saved after he falls out the building. She's standing on one side of Rufus, whilst Tsang is on the other side.

Bahamut looked really stupid...if it was supposed to be Bahamut. His face was all squashed in and stuff. But the Omnislash did look very cool I must say :p

7. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I cant wait till it comes out here. I dont want to see it with subtitles. Contrary to most here, I think japanese voice actors are horrible. Mostly because the male characters sound like women. Watched FMA in japanese and cringed everytime Ed spoke. Its like the men over there have no testostirone.

8. Daisuke

Daisuke NekoChan3000

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Tenseg was kidnapped at the begginging though wasnt he? so of course you wouldnt have seen him and i think Reno added the right amount of humour :p

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The american voicing sounded ten times as bad, and that actually made me cringe. I was only watching this because it was appearing on TV...so I didn't have to buy/download anything.

I really do prefer subs to dubs, because the american voicing is really bad.

And yea, Reno was quite funny, when he accidently knocks Rude on the head with his stick whilst fighting, and trying to climb that net >_<

10. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to take your word for it. I havent seen enough anime in japanese to really have a full decision. But what i have seen makes me prefer english dubbed. I guess if you just stay on the dubbed track and dont check out the original japanese versions you really cant compare so it doesnt bother you. Thats my path, as long as I dont know the difference than I wont know if I am missing anything lol

11. Daisuke

Daisuke NekoChan3000

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i love your avy and siggy btw *drools*

yeah ive seen alot of Japanese subbed stuff i prefere it that way it dependsa what you see first on wha tyou think is better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    There have only been very few dubbed anime's that are good, and all I can think of right now is the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Btw...did you guys notice that Cloud sword is so incredibly random...made of 8 swords? wtf

But they looked so cool, when the bike springs open its little closet of swords :p

13. Daisuke

Daisuke NekoChan3000

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i did but then again he changes swords in the game they just made them so he had parts to use acording to his batlle...i likd how they done the materia

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    yes...but the swords broken into parts only resemble the Buster Sword and Yoshiyuki.

And wtf is with Marlene and wasting materia by chucking it at people? <_<

15. Daisuke

Daisuke NekoChan3000

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    LMAO

THAT was the only part i actually thought was funny why didnt she throw it to Tifa? And Tifa use it? but i suppose that would have been a little too easy wouldn't it. lol.

16. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    She didn't throw it because she's a stupid child.

They should have had her die in FF7, and kept Wedge and Biggs alive...W&B rule!

17. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I haven't seen it, I have been waiting for it to come in english (Is the only foreign language I can speak properly, methinks), I am a HUGE fan of FFVII (Ihave a copy of it) my favourite characters are Cloud, Cid and Vincent, If any of you guys know where I can get it please tell me Thank you.

18. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A few months ago I bought the FFVII-AC soundtrack, and have been listening to it on and off. Very good stuff! The use of orchestra, choir, and rock is a comfortable, appropriate blend reminiscent of the music from the Matrix trilogy.

But the movie--
    It's harder to find than I thought! (Aside from buying online, of course)

Wal*Mart didn't have it. Not "sold out", did not carry it. I tried Blockbuster, but all the rental copies were out, and the for-purchase copies were sold. No more on the way, either. I was about to go home, when I decided to check K-Mart. At least they had an empty rack with a price tag on the front. But that was just the thing: empty. Before leaving, I checked with an associate, who reached under the counter to produce the only copy they had left! What a relief, considering there isn't a Best Buy in the area. Apparently, K-Mart had only ordered three, and the customer before me had bought two.

Not having played the original game, I was happy to find a 20+ minute "re-cap" of the game on the first disc that seemed to hit all the major plot-points. That pretty much brought me up-to-speed.

Has anyone else picked this up? Are there any plot-points that I might be missing?

19. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I finally got the movie. Its awesome! My favorite part is right after Tifa's battle and that guys phone starts ringing with the FF victory song!

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lol yea....the victory song ringtone....I laughed when I recognised that.