Action against Libya right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Foinikas, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Even Africans?

I want to immigrate myself actually, but I'll remember I won't go to Greece as the people apparently aren't very welcoming to immigrants..

2. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Mekta land of dreams! you can find me in Pireaus
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hope this is a joke!!! Greeks never had problems with immigrants.... until now. When we have people in the center of Athens do murders and robe everything cause they don't have something to eat. Then yes its a problem. Greeks = 11.000.000 and immigrants to the count of 2009 was 2.500.000 and everyday imagine that more immigrants come after the Libya and bad events in Asia. we can't live with more... If you want to come to Greece you are welcome! but it will not be the paradise as the most immigrants believe.

3. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    And you know Julie many of them don't even stab you because they don't have to something to eat...many of them stab you because they are criminals.Yeah EVEN AFRICANS because about 10 to 15 years ago you could hardly see any Africans here that was a rare site.When we saw an African guy we are like "yo brother" etc.
    Now you walk downtown and you see hundreds of black people selling stuff outside of the shops.

We are not a country built for sustaining large numbers of legal or illegal immigrants.

4. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah sorry guys, I didn't want to bite your noses off, I'm afraid that whenever I sense racism I become like a pitbull, hehe. And I sensed racism, just because in my country, the rightist parties are using the migrants as a scapegoat for a lot of the things that are going wrong while in fact they have a positive effect on our economy. You however have a more grounded reasons. Apparently there's this rule that when there are undocumented immigrants in Europe they have to be returned to their country of entry -- which is often Greece. I think if they'd just change that rule - which just isn't fair to your country I find - that would have a great effect. I don't know how much Europe is doing right now, but they should at least help Greece and other countries as well with financing detention centres. But I'm not a fan of building walls to keep people out, or extremely strict migration policies.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I still don't know who the heck controls that city,Misrata.That big fortress.They have been fighting for that city for weeks if not for months and one side claims they are in control of the city and then the other side says they are in control of the city then the other side says that they have gained control of the city again etc. etc.

What the heck is going on?