A Wild Introduction Has Appeared!

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by Bluiss, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Bluiss

Bluiss Capable of Greatness

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

I just decided to register here today out of randomness, so I figured I'd do the usual introduction thing.....

WITH A TWIST!

blueberry.gif

MUFFINS!

One for you, you, you, and you. Everyone is welcome to a free digital muffin, all on my tab (I know, a gentleman right?). This is of course brought to you by Bluiss, myself. Hang out for a second while you omnomnom, won't you?

I am a twenty-three year old, born and raised in San Diego. I have lived in other states such as Texas, but family keeps me here in SD. Currently I work as a liaison for a company that's deeply rooted in the "geek" community, and accordingly, I am a geek. I've gotten to meet and work with some amazing people in the video game industry, comic industry, and even the movie industry. This has not helped my infatuation with really odd interests, though I feel I will discover they are not so odd on a forum such as this one. :D

Currently, my free time is being eaten up by a few things:

The Wolf Among Us, an amazing new PC game, is one of them. I highly suggest this game if you like really intense mysteries with a real unique look and feel. The comedy in it is great, too.

Dr. Freakin' Who. I had heard about this series for awhile but didn't quite grasp how awesome it was until last month when I went out on a limb and watched the first four episodes. My day doesn't end until I watch at least one.

Producing electronic music. I have been doing this for quite awhile now, and have developed a bit of a following that I absolutely appreciate and love. The underground San Diego scene has treated me very well. The last few shows I have been apart of have especially been defining for me, and keep me inspired to write more and more.

So, you've probably finished that amazing HTLM muffin, right? Feel free to throw your two cents at me, just not too hard. I am glad to be here and thank any of you that help welcome me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    VIDEO GAMES AND ELECTRONIC MUSIC YOU SAY? Welcome aboard and thanks for the digital pastry gesture. Can't wait to peep some of your jams.

Mind if I antagonize you by asking about your favorite musicians and games though?

3. Taliesyn

Taliesyn It's a feral reality out there, kids.

Ratings:
    +423 / 2 / -0
    Hey, welcome to TFF!

Now, Pikachu, I choose you! Get that wild Bluiss! :D

4. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Firiath used Welcome. It's super effective!

Muffins and video games, yay! Do tell us about your favourite games! Are you a pure member of the PC master race?

5. Bluiss

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I'll try not to take forever thinking about this. Savant would probably have to be my favorite electronic producer, but guys like Aphex Twin are close behind. As for video games, my all time favorite is Hexen from back in the day. Is your favorite game near that era at all?

Although I do own a PS3, I mostly stick with PC gaming. My job involves playing games and 90% of them are PC exclusives. I wouldn't mind playing some PC games on consoles though, I heard the new Final Fantasy is cross compatible like that. Do you play PC or console?

6. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Interesting I haven't heard of Savant, I know Aphex Twin but I have yet to really dig into his discography. Can you recommend any of their albums?

Nice, I was more in tune to adventure games back in the day. The old Lucasarts (RIP) stuff mostly. My favorite game is really tough to call, either Chrono Cross, Killer7, or Deus Ex.

7. Bluiss

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I first heard of Aphex Twin when the company I work for was helping with the movie Grandma's Boy, there's one of his songs in a scene of the movie. That song, Windowlicker, is my all time favorite Aphex song. It's a single though, so I guess I don't really have an album specifically for you. If you're feelin' crazy though, check out Savant's album Overworld.

Ahh I miss LucasArts, Grim Fandango was a groundbreaking game for me! Chrono Cross, that's kinda a rarer game. Did you get it when it was still a new game? I don't know hardly anyone that played it.

8. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
  9. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Oh man Grim Fandango was incredible. I got to Chrono Cross way later though, it had some great ideas and twists in it though. Imagine a JRPG with absolutely no grinding and you get Chrono Cross. If you don't play it one day I recommend at least checking out the soundtrack for it too if you dig Yasunori Mitsuda.

10. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    Welcome to the Abyss.. :D
    *Eats his muffin and steals Yuan's as well*

11. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I'm a console gamer, all I have are the Xbox 360, a SNES and an N64 (that I'm still waiting for, as I've just ordered one to celebrate my first paycheck), but I sometimes also play PC games, like Mass Effect 3 (just for the multiplayer, I've played the game on my Xbox and just got the PC version so I could play it online with my significant other) or SWTOR (started it, but didn't get very far). Although I do love my Xbox 360 I don't consider myself a fanboy (or -girl), though. I'd play so much more on the PC if I had a real desk or anything more comfortable than the tiny tables I use for my mouse and keyboard. :p

Also... job involving playing games - sounds awesome. :D

12. Bluiss

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You invested your first paycheck into a N64 and not a desk?! :p I don't know if you have Steam or anything when you do play PC, add Bluiss if you do!

Mass Effect 3 is awesome, I had plenty of fun making stupid decisions in that game. I especially loved Purgatory. So well done.

I do love Xbox, and Microsoft. I had a 360 for years and years until I lost it to a bad breakup. x.o Ultimately I got guilt tripped into getting a PS3 due to all my friends having one too... but I do miss my Xbox!

13. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    PS3 has all those JRPGs though. I've been considering getting one to catch up with all the "Tales of" games I've missed. That and the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game is coming to it and that one looks slick.

14. Bluiss

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's true, there's a lot of JRPG's on the PS3. But don't you feel RPG's are easier to play on PC's? I tend to use my console for games that friends or I can hop right into.

15. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    True, but PC RPGs are missing so many Japanese games. I'm hype that Dark Souls could change this though, and PC is still great because of stuff like The Witcher. I don't think there is ever a really better platform but mostly it comes down to the exclusives. Hell, I've got a WiiU waiting on "X" and the online Dragon Quest even, but then I still PC game for the western stuff mostly.

There are some pretty good PC multiplayer games out too now, even more so with the free to play trend.

16. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Hi Bluiss and thanks for the muffins!
    I can't contribute anything to a gaming discussion so I'll simply say welcome :)

17. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Hello! *waves* Welcome to TFF! :devilbat: