A Reccomended Read

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Boomer, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Alright. So after a lot of thought about whether I should post this or not I have decided to post this and let everyone reply to it and add their thoughts in the News & Announcements Area after you have read all of this.

Some of you may have noticed if you hang out in the W & A areas that these Ebay talks have gotten way out of hand. Therefor I have created a Rants area where you can talk about Ebay problems, scams, dealer problems, etc. Consider this an area where you can discuss all this without having someone shut down your thread or edit it. If you all start fighting in there it is your problem not ours or the mods. We will not be moderating tha area.

Many people have PM'd me about Ebay and not allowing people to mention Ebay. Honestly folks PMing me is not going to get you anywhere seeing as every Ebay thread in the W & A area has gone sour. So I made the rule. BBB did not make it nor ask me to. I did it. So if you are not happy with it contact me and I will explain yet again why I created the rule. Even though I just told you right here.

I am also going to take this time to clarify our deal with BBB so people no exactly what is going on with them. When BBB came on at LoTRO the agreement was no mention of dealers in their W & A area and that's it. In return folks you got a wealth of knowledge, exclusive news, 10% of your purchases and they also give us the items for our contests. So I think if you weigh the options it is a great compromise we have with them and I would not ever turn it in for anything.

Honestly folks I am getting way too stressed out about everyone in the W & A area who thinks they know everything or they think they can bend the rules and we won't notice or the people who think they are better than everyone else. Those people are driving me to the point that I am just going to close the boards because I just do not want to take it anymore. I can take it to a certain level but all of you who fall under those categories have pushed me way beyond the level's I am confortable with. And that is just wrong. Because you are going to ruin everything for everyone else. So here is what I am going to do. I already created the ebay forum for people to talk about scams and things so that should settle things down from now on. However, if people continue to cause trouble, instigate things, and don't follow the rules I am just going to ban you. Pretty simple. I don't need you here and we don't want you here. All you are doing is hurting the community in the long run and that's wrong and the entire ommunity should be dissappointed in these people for doing what they did.

Also. Some people feel that they can PM me and voice their opinions to me. That is all fine and well and I do not mind you doing so. However when I reply in a flat tone with no humour, etc I am telling you the facts and reasons behind doing something. So to take something as I am talking down to you is not the way to take it. Don't take it that way, take it as I am telling you the facts and that's it. I do not have the time to spare on sending a reply with humour in it. I just don't.

So folks here is the ultimatum. All the W & A people who think they are better than everyone, think they can break the rules, etc better get their act together because if I continue to have issues there I am going to close the boards. And then the bunch of you are going to have to deal with a community almost 1500 strong. And I will be more than happy to give them your email addresses. I don't want to close the site but there are some people that just strike a cord in me and I hope this strikes one back tonight.

Remember I am not going to close the boards and we are not in any trouble of closing. I am just giving you a warning and letting you know where I stand with things.

2. Asgath

Asgath Heavy-metal dwarf

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    'More than happy to give them your email addresses'
    lol, heh

I dont usually hang around in the W & A section, but as usual. Backing you up all the way

3. Elven Prince

Elven Prince The Prettiest One

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Go Boom! Lay down the law as it is. Support you all the way, and i do think it is a good move what you have done. Indeed there is no need for people who ruin these forums. Good job on the forums, been doing an excellent job, very dedicated to bring the best to us :) I am sure the majority appreciate it. Thanks Boom!